Virtual Avionics CDU post SP1

mas618

Hi Mas,

no, this is not true. We have no relation to Virtual Avionics and in fact don't even know how they managed to access our MCDU data. At least we for sure did not help them with that.

I have writtem to them one week ago, because I was also interested in their software for our Airbus (I own their 777 version and I love it!), but never recieved any answers.

Wow... That is both weird and sad. Would think that both Aerosoft and VA would benefit from collaboration... But thx for the answer - as always we can trust you guys to communicate ;-)

I trust VA to maybe put out a new server application that will work. If they did "hack" your MCDU once, they can do it again;-)

Mas

I trust VA to maybe put out a new server application that will work. If they did "hack" your MCDU once, they can do it again;-)

Mas

Yeah, I think so too... but I assume they will wait until after the SP2... because if they indeed work by hacking our MCDU then the SP2 update will brake compability again (as well as any further update from us).

SP1 broke the previous version of virtual CDU. They have a new version available which works. I believe the Android app is stable. They update the server interface, installed on the main machine to achieve compatibility.

I have to add my name to list of those who hope you and VA can communicate. The virtual MCDU is fast, accurate, scales to the size of my tablet automatically and is just a pleasure to use.

I should take this opportunity to thank you guys for the new bus. It is a bit harder on resources than Xtended, but is, overall, a better product. Looking forward to A320/A321.

Graham

Archived