Right Hand MCDU Grayed Out, ND not working

kkula88

Hi,

I've just purchased/installed Aerosoft on a new Flight Simulator X STEAM EDITION. This edition includes everything including the Acceleration aircraft etc. Unfortunately the four items on the right hand MCDU (aircraft state, doors, ground services, and checklists) are grayed out, the Navigation Display and the throttle control are not working. I saw that a similar issue took place with P3D where the users had to install Simconnect.

Along with the Steam edition, a folder which includes a SDK install exists. I ran the exe and installed all the SDK items, which according to the installation guide included Simconnect. However, I'm still unable to run the items on the MCDU and ND. I de-installed and re-installed the entire thing - no luck.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Thank you!

After playing around further, I realized there's another folder with SimConnect installs (RTm, SP1a, XPACK) at the following extension:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces

I downloaded each one of them and the issue seems to have resolved.

FYI

After playing around further, I realized there's another folder with SimConnect installs (RTm, SP1a, XPACK) at the following extension:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces

I downloaded each one of them and the issue seems to have resolved.

FYI

I have exactly the same problem. I cannot set the aircraft set to cold & dark because the menu is greyed out in the right MCDU. Could you eleborate further on how you resolved the problem? I don't get what "downloading" means in that context because the addon has been installed and thats it...? Many thanks in adavance.

PS: Ok, figured it out. I installed the three utilities you specified by doubleclicking their .msi-files and now everything is working just fine. Thanks a lot.

@aerosoft: Please update your faqs or make a sticky thread, I guess this will be a reoccuring problem the more people buy the Steam Edition of Flight Simulator.

PS: Ok, figured it out. I installed the three utilities you specified by doubleclicking their .msi-files and now everything is working just fine. Thanks a lot.

@aerosoft: Please update your faqs or make a sticky thread, I guess this will be a reoccuring problem the more people buy the Steam Edition of Flight Simulator.

Hello,

At the moment none of aerosoft products are officially supported by FSX:SE yet - hence no support will be offered

Please see http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/89774-fsx-on-steam/ for more information :)

Archived