African Airstrip Adventures Preview 2

• Aerosoft

African Airfield Adventures is a project designed for the simmer that do things in FSX. You'll get 5 complex missions and a complete and detailed scenery of a number of airfields near Nairobi (Kenya). Highly entertaining and a totally new destination for those who like their flying low and slow. Release expected in May as download.

AfricanAirfields1_Preview01.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview02.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview03.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview04.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview05.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview06.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview07.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview08.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview09.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview10.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview11.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview12.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview13.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview14.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview15.jpg

As long as that **** rhinoceros doesn't get loose in the rear compartment again :lol:

Looks particularly good! Are you going to simulate the "Many Dwellings" between Nairobi and Nyeri? The whole land in the Nairobi, Thika, Nyeri area used to be a coffee plantation area. After independance and return of the land to the people, there were so many new small sub-divisions that many of the maps simply wrote "Many Dwellings" over the area. It was a lot easier than town names...

It's coalesced a lot in recent years, but if you look at the main area between Nairobi and Thika you will see literally thousands of these small "one man farms". The "pattern" is very much a part of that part of Kenya.

It's a beautiful part of the country, but you will need GOOD autogen and landclasses to do it justice.

Three clips. It's like this most of the way to Nanyuki - I've flown over it. (OK - it was a few years back). Beautiful place.

post-2246-1233084694_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1233084705_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1233084719_thumb.jpg

• Aerosoft
Very Interesting... I think I'll get this. :wub:

Just a quick question - What will the Missions require? SAR, Animal-Transport, or What???

No info on the missions yet, but they will be complex. Give us a few weeks to check a few things.

Certainly a perfect and first choice for aircraft has to be the very new Bush-Hawk for that kind of flying!

By the way: I never expected such dense population in Kenya like shown with the fotographs presented by Chris.

Neither did I, but he's actually right.

The covered area is more to the north, but the "many dwellings" are partly in the area of the product. ;)

The missions can be flown with the aircraft of your choice, but the Maule, C172 and of course the Bush Hawk will be recommended for the smaller missions, while the longer flights will (just like in reality) be done with a Twotter or Cessna Caravan.

The missions will include everything you expect from Kenya: Safari, SAR, Tourist,... ;)

Looks like a great addon! I have been doing lots of flying in Africa lately and even some scenery, so this will be very welcome by me. Hope to see huge herds of moving wildlife so I can go on safari!. One of my fav old movies is Hatari with John Wayne, would love to simulate that kind of operation in FS, LOL.

• Aerosoft
Certainly a perfect and first choice for aircraft has to be the very new Bush-Hawk for that kind of flying!

By the way: I never expected such dense population in Kenya like shown with the fotographs presented by Chris.

The Bush Hawk XP or the Do-27 are perfect of course. Personally I prefer the F-16, but Thorsten does not want to do missions for that one, lol.

No info on the missions yet, but they will be complex. Give us a few weeks to check a few things.

OK!

Another Question: Are we able to use this scenery for FREE FLIGHT, as well, or ONLY in MISSIONS?

PS: I've added the DO-27 X along with the BushHawk X to my next Bulk Order Purchase List. ;)

• Upvote 1

Of course you can explore everything in free flight, too. It's called "Adventures" just to make the point of this addon: having fun! :D

The Bush Hawk XP or the Do-27 are perfect of course. Personally I prefer the F-16, but Thorsten does not want to do missions for that one, lol.

You don't want to land the F16 on that kind of airstrips, Mathijs. :lol:

Oh and by the way - check the "flora"... I am not sure from my memory, but I believe date and coconut palms are more toward the coastal plains. Nairobi, Nyeri´, Naivasha is highland - 3000' plus and more suited to tropical vegetation.

Good reading:

http://www.jambokenya.com/jambo/fauna/plants.htm

More Acacia and Coffe plants. Also - Aberdares range is still dense jungle. Masai Maara is savannah country and hotter.

Good point about the Bushie Thorsten...

Wonder what the lions will think when their prey escapes?

post-2246-1233325426_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1233325492_thumb.jpg

:lol: That's great Mr. ChrisB!

I'm currently ordering/getting the BushHawk X; where might I get those textures? (Their amazing like all your work I've seen so far. ;) )

• Upvote 1

They're with Thorsten I hope - and a few more. If not, then they are still on my PC waiting for a call forward... I have a good few paints in petto for the Bushie. ;)

Will all the missions be so specific that they are tied to a specific standard FSX aircraft type, or would it be possible to fly some of the missions in addon aircraft and have an installer with some tick boxes to select if you have the Bushhawk, Beaver, Twotter etc. installed. As much as I like to fly a mission from time to time, I am really no fan of most of the standard FSX aircraft.

You can always use the aircraft of your choice in missions by editing one line in the FLT file. Of course there are some missions that include certain actions that may not work with other aircraft than the one the mission wad built for.

I will create the missions in a way that you can edit the FLT file to use the aircraft of your choice without interfering with the mission.

You prabably hope to find a mission with some sort of startup menu, asking to name the aircraft of your choice. Unfortunately that is not possible, because there are just so many (addon) aircraft out there.

I will search for a way to define your favourite aircraft without having to edit the FLT, but I'm not sure there'll be an easier way than simply changing that one line in the FLT file.

In any case we will provide suggestions, which default and addon aircraft would be best to use for each mission. ;)

You can always use the aircraft of your choice in missions by editing one line in the FLT file... ...I will search for a way to define your favourite aircraft without having to edit the FLT, but I'm not sure there'll be an easier way than simply changing that one line in the FLT file....

Thanks, that would be great!

PS: Can you do that, as well, for the next update to the Flight Tales 1, you were planning?

• Upvote 1