Missing ILS EGLL

BBriscoe

Hi,

I clicked on EGLL in map view to check the ILS frequencies, but the ILS for 09L is missing. There is no frequency or course shown (FS9).

How can I get it back?!

Cheers,

Ben

I tuned the ILS in on approach to 09R, and it was slightly offset, didn't take me down the centreline even though on the PMDG 744 map, it showed the centreline offset to the right. Seems like the heading of the ILS is slightly off.

Ben

• Verified Developer

HI,

possibly you have a second AFCAd file for Heathrow active. please check.

Users of UK2000 also have to look for a scenery entry outside Heathrow containing the AFCAd file.

Our AFCAD file contains every ILS frequency which will guid you to the center line.

Thorsten

What about the ILS offset on 09R? It definitely seems to be slightly to one side; is it that way in real life? It's only a minor annoyance.

In my case, I have no other scenery for EGLL.

Found a duplicate AFCAD from MyWorld airports and deleted that using scan AFD. No other AFCAD files were found.

On approach into LHR, the ILS was still offset. The ILS frequency and heading for 09L only is also missing from the airport menu in map view.

AI aircraft are approaching and landing, taxiing and parking fine so surely not an AFCAD issue?

Is there anyway I can get into the 'code' (i.e. the .CFG or whatever?) for the ILS and change / add / do whatever's needed there?

Ben

• Verified Developer

@BBriscoe

I checked the airport in Map view and everything is perfect. I can see the 09L ILS and all frequencies. If you had not found any other AFCAd file for Heathrow (using the prior mentioned tool) I´ll suggest to remove the scenery (with the START/SYSTEMCONTROL/SOFTWARE panel ) and reinstall it.

Please report if this does not give any success. But there will be limited support during the coming weekend as I´ll visit the simulation conference in Paderborn.

Thorsten

I uninstalled to the default EGLL scenery, and all ILS frequencies and headings for the default runways were present. I then reinstalled the aerosoft EGLL, and the ILS frequency for 09L was missing still.

Anything else I can try?

Cheers,

Ben

• Verified Developer

HI,

Thanks to a good tip from a colleque at Paderborn conference we discovered that indeed something went wrong with the LHR AFCAD file. The ident for the 09l Runway was incidently not entered and therefore it possibly could have caused some trouble because the Nav frequency etc. was present, but not the IAA ident for that ILS. I corrected this issue in the two AFCAD files (one for use with static aircrafts). Please substitute the AFCAD file in Heathrow2008/scenery with ONE of the attached zip file (depending on the use of static aircrafts).

Thorsten