FS X crashes all the time

Daniel Roethlisberger

Hy!

In the last few days, my FSX crashed nearly all the time. When I load a flight (problem: g2d.dll), try to save a flight by pressing "ü", when a flight is to 100% loaded but the aircraft doesn't get positioned, when pressing Alt+TAB or simply when I'm flying around.

I have installed SP2 (not Acc).

Any ideas what e.g. "g2d.dll" is for?

• Aerosoft
Hy!

In the last few days, my FSX crashed nearly all the time. When I load a flight (problem: g2d.dll), try to save a flight by pressing "ü", when a flight is to 100% loaded but the aircraft doesn't get positioned, when pressing Alt+TAB or simply when I'm flying around.

I have installed SP2 (not Acc).

Any ideas what e.g. "g2d.dll" is for?

It's one of the main components that sends what you see to the DirectX display modules. I would install the latest drivers and the latest DirectX.

And how can I do that without uninstalling the whole sim? Install SP1?

Hi Dany,

No! Go to Start/Control Panel/Add Remove Programmes and go down the list till you come to Microsoft Flight Simulator X SP2 and uninstall.

That's all you need do.

I saw this entry, but it's the only FSX entry, that's why I thought it would uninstall the whole sim. Thanks James!

Don't know wether it's a Windows thing or FSX one but it renames the Microsoft Flight Simulator X entry for the SP2 one, when you uninstall SP2 it reverts back to it's original :!:

• Aerosoft
Yeah, it worked, I have now less crashes. But all I got are because of that damn g2d.dll, just as I touched down at Syngboche, FS "had to close"... :(

Is it possible that my g2d.dll is modified and I don't have the original one anymore?

it should be dated December 10th 2007. But I doubt that this file is the cause. As said it is one of the links between FS and the OS/Hardware. I would suspect DirectX or even hardware in this case. Remove the GPU driver totally, reinstall it.

I would even take out the card, clean the contacts, make sure the fans work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No. In addition I use only payware (mainly aerosoft), apart of two aircraft.

Could it be connected to my settings? Mesh is set to 19m.

As I already wrote, I only get this "terrain-problem" if FS has to load a complex scenery.

Tonopah Nevada is no problem ;)