TwinOtter doors and reverse

level135

hi, I would like to be able to open front and back door separately on the Twin Otter, for greater realism.

is it an easy thing to fix ?

Or do you need to write a patch for that ?

Why,in the virtual cockpit, the throttle doesnot go back until max reverse anymore ?

and, could you give me some tips to set correctly the throttle with FSUIPC to get reverse on back course.

Thanks a lot for this wonderful plane

thank you for your answer

regards

Hi Level135

I don´t think the doors will change as this will require a new .mdl file.

For the reverse in FSUIPC:

-Assure that You "unassign" the throttle(s) in the FSX axis assignment page.

-Open FSUIPC and go to axis assignment.

-Assign Your throttle(s) in FSUIPC.

-Calibrate Your throttle(s) in FSUIPC - setting up reverse (Full back), idle (about 10% forward) and full (full forward)

-Go back to the assignment page in FSUIPC.

-Define a small area for "button controls" on the right side of the axis assingment page (full back to 5% forward)

-Set "Control sent when range entered" to "throttle decrease" and check "control to repeat whilst in range"

I f You have two throttles, remeber to assing them to throttle1 and throttle2.

Kind regards

Finn "Wothan" Jacobsen

Stupid questions? what is the FSUIPC? Iam looking at the Settings - Controls, control axes, throttle axis, and dont see what you are talking about. Thanks

I did a google search for FSUIPC, and did see a program that sounds like what you are talking about.

Okay, thought that was the case wanted to make sure I was not missing some feature in the FSX control settings that I have never seen before.

• 10 months later...
Hi Level135

I don´t think the doors will change as this will require a new .mdl file.

For the reverse in FSUIPC:

-Assure that You "unassign" the throttle(s) in the FSX axis assignment page.

-Open FSUIPC and go to axis assignment.

-Assign Your throttle(s) in FSUIPC.

-Calibrate Your throttle(s) in FSUIPC - setting up reverse (Full back), idle (about 10% forward) and full (full forward)

-Go back to the assignment page in FSUIPC.

-Define a small area for "button controls" on the right side of the axis assingment page (full back to 5% forward)

-Set "Control sent when range entered" to "throttle decrease" and check "control to repeat whilst in range"

I f You have two throttles, remeber to assing them to throttle1 and throttle2.

Kind regards

Finn "Wothan" Jacobsen

Hi Aerosoft and particularly Finn,

I have been trying for hours now to configure my throttles for the Twin otter based on your instructions but I have been unsuccessful. I could really use some help as I tried to read the manual for FSUIPC 4.40 and some of the posts here on the forum about assigning functions via FSUIPC. I tried many options but nothing so far.

I have Saitek proflight yoke with an additional throttle quadrant (Two quadrants), rudder peddals and X52 joystick all connected.

Finn, could you please help me (maybe offline?) in getting the right configuration so that I can fly the twin otter correctly? I can send you my personal information so that we can get this configured correctly.

Thank you in advance for your help

Regards,

David

Hi Aerosoft and particularly Finn,

I have been trying for hours now to configure my throttles for the Twin otter based on your instructions but I have been unsuccessful. I could really use some help as I tried to read the manual for FSUIPC 4.40 and some of the posts here on the forum about assigning functions via FSUIPC. I tried many options but nothing so far.

I have Saitek proflight yoke with an additional throttle quadrant (Two quadrants), rudder peddals and X52 joystick all connected.

Finn, could you please help me (maybe offline?) in getting the right configuration so that I can fly the twin otter correctly? I can send you my personal information so that we can get this configured correctly.

Thank you in advance for your help

Regards,

David

Edit: I was able to get the two throttles working via FSUIPC.

1. Full power - OK

2. Idle - OK

3. Reverse - OK

But now if I want to use each throttle independantly its not working. So I will keep on trying.

Thanks

David