Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Preview Eddp - Leipzig

Rainer Duda

Rainer,

Another great looking airport! The detail looks awsome.

Do you have any idea when it will be released?

Hi Cris,

I haven't got a timetable from the designer. But there are some things to do and some problems must be solved before the release too. So in my opinion no release in the next countable days.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Hi Cris,

I haven't got a timetable from the designer. But there are some things to do and some problems must be solved before the release too. So in my opinion no release in the next countable days.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Hi!

Nice Airport. I grew up near the aiport, born in the former G.D.R.. It really looks like home. I often travel with ATR-Turboprops between Duesseldorf and Leipzig and the feelings is very real.

Is there same addon planned for Leipzig itself or the former soviet Airbase Merseburg that is only a jet-catjump west of EDDP?

• 3 weeks later...
And the AES coverage of this airport will be rather special as well!

Wish I could use AES :(

It's either AES and OOM errors :angry: , or no AES and no OOM errors for me :o

This looks spectacular, its the first airport scenery i have seen with bridged taxiways
True, I've always wondered if it is possible, especially considering a possible ZBAA scenery.

I guess it must be done somehow via GMAX's transparency mode.

Great to be able to taxi via these or just see an AI aircraft going over there.

An option tempting to buy Leipzig. Maybe an advertising idea that will get this scenery some more clients.

From Airliners.net today's collection...

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Atlas-Air/B...-SCD/1354636/L/

Best regards,

Rafal

True, I've always wondered if it is possible, especially considering a possible ZBAA scenery.

I guess it must be done somehow via GMAX's transparency mode.

Great to be able to taxi via these or just see an AI aircraft going over there.

An option tempting to buy Leipzig. Maybe an advertising idea that will get this scenery some more clients.

From Airliners.net today's collection...

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Atlas-Air/B...-SCD/1354636/L/

Best regards,

Rafal

Hi Rafal,

these bridges are ramps - build with the GMAX-platform-command.

You climb while taxiing some meters above the surrounding area. Some great new impressions. But I don't want to tell too much. ;)

Sadly the AI-traffic can't leave it's elevation. So it's not possible that these ai-planes taxi on top of the ramps. There's a limitation in FS.

BTW: some new screenshots will follow soon.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Hi, Rainer!

Thanks a lot for responding to my post.

It's a pity AI can't follow the ramp but yes, it's clearly the FS9 engine limitation.

Anyway you've outdone yourself with this effect! I'm so impressed that I may buy the Lepipzig scenery now to fly some freight.

What's more, judgng from the screenshots it is hard to disagree with Altstiff who suggested it might be the best of GAP sceneries.

Looking forward to next screens as well as the release itself.

Best regards,

Rafal

Wow, Rainer, no words to describe it!

A real beauty! :blink:

I guess the trains are animated, not to mention the cars and lorries.

Considering Leipzig is not a huge airport the frames should be very reasonable nevertheless.

A good conclusion for my aging system...

Best regards,

Rafal

• 2 weeks later...

Simply wow Rainer!! My visa is anxiously waiting for this! I come check about twice a day to see if it's been released yet. :D

It simply looks fantastic.

Hi Rainer!!

Do you know when can we expect the release of that wonderfull airport?? Do you have some news about the development? Is it all going well??

Regards

Fábio

• Developer
Hi Rainer!!

Do you know when can we expect the release of that wonderfull airport?? Do you have some news about the development? Is it all going well??

Regards

Fábio

Yes, still going well, but not finished yet.

• 2 weeks later...

News? Ok, some screen from the -maybe- final beta. ;)

AI-Traffic: WorldofAI and own compilations

Airbus: Overland with Lufthansa special livery and Condor livery

Frames: locked and fluid at 25 fps

As you maybe can see the service cars waited when my plane was pushed back.

Some other addons like FlightEnvironment and GroundEnvironment used.

eddp01.jpg

eddp02.jpg

eddp03.jpg

eddp04.jpg

eddp05.jpg

eddp06.jpg

eddp07.jpg

eddp08.jpg

eddp09.jpg

eddp10.jpg

eddp11.jpg

eddp12.jpg

eddp13.jpg

eddp14.jpg

eddp15.jpg

eddp16.jpg

eddp17.jpg

eddp18.jpg

eddp19.jpg

eddp20.jpg

eddp21.jpg

eddp22.jpg

eddp23.jpg

eddp24.jpg

eddp25.jpg

eddp26.jpg

eddp27.jpg

eddp28.jpg

eddp29.jpg

eddp30.jpg

eddp31.jpg

eddp32.jpg

eddp33.jpg

eddp34.jpg

eddp35.jpg

Ciao,

Rainer.

Rainer, looks like a masterpiece!

I hope the 'final' beta is literal.

And the locked and fluid 25 FPS sounds tempting, especially if you got it with the visible AI traffic. ;)

Best regards,

Rafal

• Aerosoft

Gents, at this moment we are not ready to give out a release date. The moment we feel even a little more secure we will be able to say more. But this is a development that is done by the acclaimed GAP team that does not work in our offices. They are professionals and not the kind of developers we use our beloved cattle prods on. If you allow me to use a less political terminology however, this is kick ass scenery, in all aspects it works great. Framerates, textures, details, they all flow together in what I consider a very solid scenery.

So please remain in the holding and divert when you are running low on avgas, the controller will clear you for landing when he knows more.