Sound Problem

I've a problem... I don't have pushback engine and gate moving sound in all sceneries, I tried to use 2 sound cards, but didnt get sound. All another sounds works well (Request release parking brake sound etc). I checked all sound files in the AES folder and everything are there. Re-installing the AeC didn't help.

Windows XP 32bit SP2

MSFS 9.1

AES 1.95a

I have also started having this problem - but only since I installed patches to my boot.ini and fs9.exe files in order to resolve out-of-memory CTDs (as documented elsewhere on this forum). I tried restoring the boot.ini and fs9.exe files to default, but still have various sounds missing in AES - the jetway siren and 'welcome aboard' messages, for instance.

Before I patched fs9 as above, AES and Active Camera worked just fine together. Could you say how you tracked down the problem to Active Camera and what you did to resolve it (uninstall AC??).

Martin

Removing ActiveCamera.dll restores the sounds, as you said! Odd to me (as I said!) that it worked fine with AES for several months.

If there's a fix, perhaps someone (Oliver?) will post it here at some stage...

Martin :-)

They can co-exist. All that's needed is that you uncheck (turnoff) "activate flyby approach/view" (not sure if it's approach or view but it's the one that starts with activate flyby). Just turn it off and you should have no sound issues. Hope that helped.

• 2 weeks later...

Great. Thank you to have found this problem. Yes, with Flyby off in Active Camera all sounds are active! In fact, as far as I see, you must have this option OFF before starting FS, then you can toggle it ON, and the AES Sounds are here. But do not forget to toggle it OFF again before leaving FS!

• 1 year later...

Yes i have just found this out , active camera \ uncheck the "flyby view" ,then close down fs2004,then re-start it and the aes sounds return,and in the correct order.

many thanks to whoever found this out .

from p.d

:)