How Do I Start Aes When Not In Location

Hi,

When I load a new plane cold and dark, if it is not in the location that the marshaller can set the blocks, I don't get the AES menu at all with the Ctl-Shift+W hot keys, so I can't get the plane located to start AES. Is there another way?

You can always slew your aircraft to the nearest marshaller until he shows you to stop.

Anyway loading your plane at an AES-supported airport having a proper AFCAD should almost always get you right in.

If I understand your problem properly.

Best regards,

Rafal

• Developer

... And you must Doublecheck, that you parkingbrake is set. Some Aircraft don't set the brakes in cool and dark.

Only when the brakes are set, the menu will open.

One thing that I am doing is loading the default Cessna to get the cold and dark situation. Then when I replace it with the Boeing, the big plane is not at the correct location. It seems even if the parking brake is on the marshaller is waving his arms trying to get me to the correct position, but the plane is shut down. I guess I will have to try slewing it over. I tried that one time and it crashed and burned up in a big mushroom cloud of flames (a great visual extra feature of Shockwave Redux).

I tried that one time and it crashed and burned up in a big mushroom cloud of flames
Don't forget to hit F1 before you unslew with 'Y'. And make sure you know what assignments you have for slewing.

Best regards,

Rafal