Florencex Anomaly!

JamesChams

Gents,

I noticed this anomaly while flying routes to and from the FlorenceX / RomeX scenery airport(s). It occurs just 60NM+ south of the LIMN airport at around

LAT: N45* 7.72'

LONG: E10* 2.42'

post-13668-1213478237_thumb.jpg

post-13668-1213478364_thumb.png

I DON'T have any land class addons except for FSGlobal 2008 with RC1 updated and ofcourse the FlorenceX and RomeX scenery packages. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello James,

Try disabling the FSGlobal scenery and try the same flight.

Is the spike still there.

If it is then try updating your video card drivers.

What OS are you using and have you had any "Out of Memory" errors.

Hi James, I have all your addons (and also many others) and I have test your coordinates: you are near Cremona and I have no problems at all!

It's not a landclass problems, I think it's a mesh problem (no FSGlobal2008, I have it and I can't see this problem). Once I have a very similar problem with a free mesh about Alps.

Gents,

Per your request, here are my systems settings...

System 1.

Hardware:

Intel Quad Core Extreme QX6850 - 3.0GHz

ASUS Striker Extreme NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI - (Clocked at 1100Mhz)

OCZ PC2-9600 - 4GB RAM (Clocked -1100MHz)

BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC 768GB Water Cooled Edition (x2 PCIe in SLI Mode with either Driver v.169.25/v.175.16).

HDD 1 SATA (4x 150GB 10,000RPM Raptor in JBOD) - Total 600GB [FSX with Acceleration installed Here]

HDD 2 PATA/IDE Western Digital - 750GB

HDD 3 SATA Western Digital - 1.0TB

(Entire system components listed above are Water Cooled)

Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Platium Champion Series PCI - 64MB

Matrox Triple Head2GO Digital Edition - (with x3 ViewSonic 47" Inch - Total Res. 4080x768 or 3840x1024 32-Bit).

Natural Point TrackIR with TrackClip Pro

System 2.

Hardware:

Intel Quad Core Extreme QX6700 - 2.67GHz

ASUS Striker Extreme NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI - (Clocked at 1000Mhz)

OCZ PC2-8500 - 4GB RAM (Clocked -1000MHz)

BFG GeForce 8800 GTX 768GB Water Cooled Edition (x2 PCIe in SLI Mode with either Driver v.169.25/v.175.16).

HDD 1 SATA 300GB [FSX with Acceleration installed Here]

HDD 2 PATA/IDE Western Digital - 1.0TB

(Entire system components listed above are Water Cooled)

SupremeFX/ Array M Sound Card - PCIx1

Matrox Triple Head2GO Analog Edition - (x3 with ViewSonic 20" Inch - Total Res. 3840x1024 32-Bit).

Both System have these Items in common:

Flight Simulator:-

MS FSX with Acceleration

Addons: FSUIPC v.4.28/WideFS (FSWide) v.6.75, Virtualli Addon Manager v.2.5.0.3, My Traffic X v5.1b

and Many other Addon sceneries and aircraft.

Graphic Settings: Global Settings-ULTRA HIGH/Global Texture RES- Very High; FPS- 20; Filtering- Anisotropic; Anti-Aliasing-ON;Advanced Animation & Lens Flare - Checked. All Aircraft Graphic Setting are ON and set to ULTRA HIGH.

I'll try your suggestions and get back to you. Thank you for your help.

PS: I do not have any other freeware terrain or mesh packages.

• Upvote 1

There was the finger of god...

and now there is the (long pause here) NEEDLE OF GOD ;)

now to your problem; the one and only solution that have helped me in any scenery related problem,

has been to move the problematic scenery to number 1 in scenery library

you may try that, no guarantees it will work, but do try it

• 1 month later...
I remember this problem with my 8800 GTX on Windows Vista and with Out Of Memory errors.

As soon as I applied an Out Of Memory error fix and updated card drivers these problems went.

Mr. Shaun Fletcher,

Was this an MS or NVidia "Out Of Memory error fix"? My OS is up to date and so are my video cards. Please let me know which one; Thank you.

Val,

I'll try your suggestions too. :lol:

PS: the Hand of God is with Me always, I'm highly blessed and favored by Him and His Son. Thanks for asking. ;)

• Upvote 1

Val,

Tried it; No joy! :rolleyes:

Mr. Shaun Fletcher,

The Anomaly seemed to be part of Florence X trialware release. If I disabled it, in FSX scenery library, it went away; else it stayed. It had nothing to do with Pilot's FSGlobal 2008; with or without it installed it didn't seem to matter. I also re-updated all of the NVIDIA motherboard and graphic card drivers as you suggested but that didn't make a difference either. However, I decided to re-enabled it and installed Flight1 UTX - Europe and with Florence X enabled and the anomaly disappeared. :D Thank you for all your suggestions. Please add the Florence X scenery to the TO-DO list of fixes that you all might have. I'll wait for the next patch/update before I purchase it. Thank you.

Thank you all for all your suggestions.

• Upvote 1

Hello James,

Its strange you see as if it was a problem with the scenery then everyone would have it and it would require a fix, but its not.

It may be an incompatibility with other software or as with mine a problem due to Vista and the OOM Error and drivers.

Its strange you see as if it was a problem with the scenery then everyone would have it and it would require a fix, but its not.

It may be an incompatibility with other software or as with mine a problem due to Vista and the OOM Error and drivers.

Actually Shaun,

I believe that you are right as well - I think it is an issue with the combination of all; but, I have only seen it so far with Aerosoft's Textures - Not with anyone else's and have added several addons since this initial posting, including Flight1's UTX- USA/EUROPE, FEX/SHD, GEX, and FS Altitude's Western Europe and all of FSDT's Airports (LSZH, KORD, GreyStone) and one of Cloud9's - Orlando X. And ofcourse your/Aerosoft's London-Heathrow X. I know that you all work really hard to make these products bug-free and thus am bringing it to your attention.

As I'm sure you already addressed many other individuals concerns, I hope that the fact that this may be a unique issue doesn't mean that you will ignore it but, rather, perhaps look into it more closely. Till then, I'll hold off purchasing it for myself; I know you will understand why. However, that doesn't include your other products. Thank you.

• Upvote 1