Pmdg 747-400 X Installation Problem

Bernabie

I just bought me this magnificent piece of art so to speak, but ran already immediately into a major problem when wanting to install the add-on.

I even tried to force it to install it as an administrator to no avail.

I beget to error messages depending on what it wants to show as error.

Once I tried to install and beget this error:

Emulator dedected! Please deactiviate virtual drive and emulation software.

It's the very first I've heard of such an error when installing something on my system so don't know what to do about it if really possible to correct.

On another try to install, then I begot this error:

A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed.

Can anyone help me out on this in how to solve both errors hopefully, as I would really love to learn to fly this beauty.

Thanks!!

P.S. My pc runs on Vista 32 bit.

That sounds like a problem I know too well from Securom protected discs. You have a virtual drive running (Alcohol, Daemon Tools or something)? You need to disable those drives and maybe even uninstall the virtual drive tool. Or use YASU to hide your virtual drive from the invading eyes of Securom. :P

That's nice. Vista on the rock's.

Could they not have found a better way to let us install this marvel just like any other add-on.

So I will have to find that Vista virtual drive then wherever it may have been put.

Ok thanks private-Cowboy.

Will try that out later on and see what happens.

Just landed from a long haul from Brussels to Dubai with the Airbus 340-300 of Wilco.

So off to bed now first of all. -_-

Nope, nothing found.

Tried to install it by closing my Norton security like anti-virus, but also to no avail.

The only thing virtual I found was for the virtual Ram thing.

I unchecked this so that the computer would behave as if it was not something present, but also to no avail.

I know that I haven't installed any program that would create a virtual drive on my system.

I only have created three partitions on my hard drives that do work as three separate drives like drive A, drive B, drive C for instance.

But that's it, and they are not virtual.

Please, heeeeeelp, as it would certainly be a sad thing if I can't install it on my system, and not only because it's a pricy add-on, then it is one that I longed to buy for quite some time.

Thanks!

Anyone with a solution please, as I find it a kinda weird experience, namely having a technological advanced PC with Vista and not being able to install an equal technological advanced FSX add-on. <_<

No I don't mean the virtual RAM function of VISTA. I mean virtual drives. There are tools that emulate dvd drives. You use them to mount disc images in them and make windows think there is a real disc in a drive. I, as a subnotebook-user, do that quite often because it allows me to swap the drive for a second battery and keep my discs as images on the hdd.

However certain copy protection schemes like Securom detect those drives and cause problems. It is perfectly legal to use those emulated drives and I see no reason why I should allow Securom and the likes to force me into uninstallation of this (for me) very important tool. That's why I'm always sceptical about boxed products and like to use downloads.

You might want to try a tool that hides those drives from Securom. It's called "YASU". Just google for it, download it and run it. It helped me in situations like those quite a bit.

Thanks,

Will see if that could work because I don't have a clue about what happens, as I don't have these tools installed that emulate dvd drives unless it comes with Vista premium.

So yeah, your solution of YASU seems to be the only option then, as it seems that as good as no one has run into a likewise situation yet with the PMDG 747 X.

If there is such a thing on my system, then I hope the YASU will hide it, and I can install the add-on.

A many many many thanks Private-cowboy!!!! ;):)

You've made my day. It worked.

Installed the Yasu, but it also need the Daemon utility to go with before it can do its thing.

Learned something new about Vista as well at the same time in that it seems to come standard with a Virtual drive feature.

I thought that I had lost my money.

And she really flies like a queen, tho that I will better not go take too many pictures, then first of all learn to handle it properly.

Only one thing I do find a bit I don't know what I should think of it when you sit in the captain's seat in that it's extremely close to the window. And when you choose the first officer one, then you can sit just as how you would do so in any other add-on aircraft, even in the captain's seat.

I don't know if that view out of the captain's seat is normal or not, but it's kinda difficult as such to see certain important instruments I must say.

Also, from out of the FO seat you have a clear crisp view on the scenery, but from within the captain's seat is it somewhat blurred, tho that the fps in both seat's is about the same at the same area of flight.

Anyhow, I don't have to worry too much about the fps, as it's a relatively good one, except for big airports, especially add-on like mega airport Brussels X.

But then again is this there for even the Wilco as well, and yes default airplanes too. It's hard to get on that airport a good fps no matter with what kind of plane you would want to take off from there or to land.

Therefore started a first try from Ostend, as I personally knew that a Boeing 747 can take off over there without any problems in real life, and so couldn't be otherwise in the sim as well.

Again many thanks!! :);)

Well since I upgraded from Vista to XP I don't know the inner workings of Vista. I know though that protections like Securom tend to be overly agressive or in other words see things that aren't there. That Yasu helped me a lot once where i had the exact same problem (not with the 744X but a totally different game). Glad it worked now. Enjoy your 744X. I'd wish I could but my little puter is too slow for her.

Well, that will probably be so one day that you will decide to buy a new one, and technology doesn't stand still. ;)

So, it will be up-to-date to the new standards of motherboards and graphic cards and so on. If my old PC wouldn't have been that old (about 6 years) when I decided to buy me a new one, then I wouldn't have got one neither. Thus don't give up hope for it, as with me it just happened to be at the right moment with the new FS.

Let's hope that Microsoft/Aces will wait a bit longer then they otherwise do to release a new FS, as they have done with their Windows OS, or make sure that all type of add-ons of at least FSX will be fully for 100% compatible with the new FS without any problems at all so that we can enjoy them for quite some time more, even into the new FS because some are very pricy to have to buy them time and time over and over again, something that for sure will make customers think twice before buying the new FS, the same as I read many did now with this FSX.

Besides, if developers of add-ons always do need to do it also all over again, then we don't come one bit further with novelties either like scenery for instance to name just one thing. And we all as well as they at Microsoft/Aces have to agree that FSX is, when being able to get as good as the maximum out of it, an FS that with the present add-ons can withstand the age of time, especially with the VFR photographic scenery as well as even with add-ons like from Wilco and Flight 1, and PMDG. They can't improve it on the design, as most airplanes have no corners anymore when you go into a close-up. The only problem that could perhaps occur is the DX10 feature and the use by the new FS of more than 2 Gb of Ram memory. Therefore I hope that they if so will inform the developers in time in how they best come up with an update just so to make sure that everything will also work with DX10, and not something you have to buy anew, or that Microsoft/Aces would give users the choice of using the new FS into DX9 mode or DX10 mode.

So, I'm more or less thinking of an FS then whereas everything works fully compatible and superbly into the new FS, but that that one would be also fully adjusted to the new PC technology, so that developers can maybe first of all concentrate themselves on creating novelties in scenery with regard to other countries while those add-ons developers of aircrafts can bring out new ones they've not done yet, but with maybe much more buttons that we as a virtual pilot can push for instance, or like with the radar functionality they would love to start simulating into their aircrafts as well, but a function that today asks too much of FSX to keep it in a smooth fps as I read in one of my manuals. And so they keep it mostly out of the simulation.

We will have to wait and see what comes to that regard, but my preference is that Microsoft/Aces would at least wait another 2 years before releasing the next FS, as I think that by then most of simmers will have bought them a new and much stronger PC as well, which means the great possibility of many more customers too. It's just waiting a bit longer then they normal do, but with the chance maybe of a greater revenue at the end as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with the 747 PMDG. It won't install because it detects an emulator that i never had. I already have a lot of aerosoft's boxed products: Piper Cheyenne, DHC-6 Twin Otter, DHC-2 Beaver, Dornier - 27, Heathrow Airport and my traffic and i never had this problem.

I saw in this post that one of you found a solution installing two programs. I do not have much idea about those programs and how to make them work and i do not want to install programs that i am not going to use nomore than once.

I wrote an email to aerosoft support and they relpy me with a succinct answer: "That error is due an emulator". They surely did not read the whole mail that i send them because in that mail i told them that do not have and never had this kind of programs.

What can i do????????

Not much. Either try the tools mentioned here (and uninstall them after the setup of the 747 went through) or return the box and make a statement that such invasive schemes are not welcome and beyond good and evil. I've the same problem the last days trying to install and adventure for my wife and I also have no emulation software running. Strangely enough, the tips I gave here do not work for me this time.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

i will try those tools again because last saturday tried them but have no idea how the tools works. Got some .dll error when I runned YASU asking me to add it to daemoon tools panel or somethig like that, i am not too expert in this matters. A try to, but i got frustrated too early and i delete them and contact aerosoft support.

I will read those programs help pages more patient and try to get a solution.

Thanks a lot

• 3 weeks later...

hello,

i try to install pmdg 747-400 on windows vista and i have a message like :

"microsoft flight simulator x doesn't installed" but i have flight simulator 4 installed and functional.

i think it's a "path" problem but i can't indicate a path, there is no box.

someone can help me

thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...