No Textures

tgyll007

:angry: just installed the De Havilland 6, but when i go to the outside view there is no aircraft ???just seats siting in thin air???? :huh: any one have this happen and how can i fix it?? :blink:

Hello tgyll007,

Can you please tell us where you got FSX SP1 from as I have heard that a corrupted SP1 can indeed cause this issue.

One such person said that they had installed the SP1 from PcPilot but after a fresh install and using the SP1 download from the official FSX site his Otter was fine.

Hello tgyll007,

Can you please tell us where you got FSX SP1 from as I have heard that a corrupted SP1 can indeed cause this issue.

One such person said that they had installed the SP1 from PcPilot but after a fresh install and using the SP1 download from the official FSX site his Otter was fine.

well i got my sp1 from the fsx website here are some pic of my problem

2008_8_6_19_23_46_755.BMP

I had a similar problem when I changed the bufferpoolsize... As soon as I deleted the fsx.cfg file everything was back to normal.

Regards

Bernt

hey there sounds good to me, but i am not expert! where would i find this file??? thanks for all the help...

Well, if you are no expert then the chance that you have altered your fsx.cfg (here's the bufferpoolsize located) is rather small ;-)

So if you haven't touched the fsx.cfg, this problem has a different source.

If yes, reduce the bufferpoolsize to its original figure.

fsx.cfg > documents & settings > user > application data > microsoft > fsx (windows xp)

Regards

Bernt

hey there thanks for all the help but checked out the bufferpoolsize and it was not there? so still have the problem???? will try another install and hope it works. let you know how it goes?? :(

• 2 months later...

Hi folks,

i am new in your forum and i have the same problem ... very, very nerving!

When i had FSX + SP1 everything was fine, but since i installed the Acceleration Pack + SP2 in the outside view and in the preview window of FSX there is a transparent aircraft too.

Only the two Pilots and the two propellers are visible at the DHC-6 Twin Otter.

post-19581-1223935142_thumb.jpg

Yesterday sunday i tried the whole day to solve this problem - uninstalling and reinstalling DHC-6 Twin Otter (indeed V 1.11 !) didn´t solve this problem too.

It seems that the problem is a conflict between DHC-6 and SP2 of FSX. But in the system-requirement there is written "Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Service Pack 2)".

It´s crazy - but since SP2 i have this problem ... and in Lukla (Lukla X) there is also the runway missing (ground texture failure?).

post-19581-1223936415_thumb.jpg

Please can anybody help me?

Many Thanks from Vienna,

Markus

PS: I use Windows XP and i also installed the new DirectX9.24 Version yesterday ... no success! :-(

Mr. Quax_one,

When you do a reinstall for FSX+SP1+SP2; you'll need to restart your PC for each SP and lauch the game at least once and then shut it down before ever doing re-installs of any add-ons or you'll get these issues; Sorry! I learn't that the hard way too. :(:o

post-19581-1223935142_thumb.jpg

BTW this 1st shot is really funny! :lol::lol::lol:

Hallo Mr. Chams,

thanks a lot for your quick answer! :rolleyes:

Do you mean that i have to reinstall all my FSX-programs now in this order: FSX + SP1 + Acc P incl. SP2 + add-ons (taking care on

your advices) or will only reinstalling of DHC-6 Twin Otter and LuklaX with restart of PC and starting FSX and so on do that?

Otherwise this will become a long night/week! :(

My installation-sequence of the FSX-programs was FSX -> SP1 -> Austria Pro X -> FS Global 2008 -> LuklaX -> DHC-6 Twin Otter <> so far everything was fine <> than Acceleration Pack incl. SP2 (streets were missing) -> Ultimate Terrain Europe X -> TahitiX (detection of the DHC-6 and LuklaX problem).

with best wishes,

Markus

Mr. Markus,

For FSX, MS has stated that you HAVE TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL of FSX and then for all their SP's. So NO addon's installed then SP.'s etc.

So, unfortunately, to resolve your missing streets and other bugs you will HAVE TO uninstall everything and redo in this sequence...

To begin, BACKUP all Flights/Aircraft.cfg and any changes you had to do manually or that you've modified.

1. UNINSTALL all SCENERIES & ADDONS FIRST, then UNINSTALL SP2 & Accel (since you installed them both :rolleyes: ), Finally UNINSTALL FSX and RESTART PC.

Next, The Install/Launch/Shut down is a must for all the registry entries/configuration file/folder creation etc. If you skip this step; you'll be doing it all over again. :(

2. FSX (Install/Launch/Shut down/RESTART PC)

3. SP1 (Install/Launch/Shut down/RESTART PC)

4. Acceleration (Install/Launch/Shut down/RESTART PC) or SP2 (Install/Launch/Shut down/ RESTART PC) BUT NOT BOTH - Acceleration already contains the fixes for SP2 but SP2 doesn't contain any of the Acceleration stuff; so you should probably just install Acceleration here.

NOW you install all ADD-ons starting with installing the Terrain packages first. You don't need to RESTART PC HERE but, after your done with everything you SHOULD RESTART and DEFRAG your HARD DRIVE at least ONCE before you start using the sim or things will go real slow

5. FS Global 2008 -> Ultimate Terrain Europe X -> Austria Pro X -> LuklaX -> DHC-6 Twin Otter -> TahitiX.

6. Other Utilities -> Other aircraft.

7. Launch FSX check everything (Aircraft etc.) and Configure your joystick/graphic/sound/other settings.

8. Save it by Shutting Down FSX, then DEFRAG HardDrive and RESTART PC.

9. Launch FSX and have fun; your work will pay off here. :D

10. Now on, just add sceneries/aircraft/utilities but read installation instructions first. ;)

Sorry, but this is a painful lesson. This is the ONLY way you will uncorrupt your setup from your combined installation of Acceleration and SP2 and other blunders; which is definately the reason for your missing/damaged files/textures.

If you follow these instructions exactly you'll be happy in the end.

Good Luck! :)

Hi Mr. Chams,

Wow! That´s what i call a really exact to do list ... thank you very much again!

I will follow these steps and will give you (hopefully a positive reply) when i have finished the reinstallation.

Due to a few appointments the next days it could be not before weekend.

So long and have a good flight,

Markus

Hi Mr. James C.,

what a weekend ... complete reinstallation of the PC (anyway i had this plan) and of the FSX including all Add-ons ... and about 10:30 pm ... tataaaaaa! ... everything was fine again ... A happiness, i can't describe!

I wouldn't believe - but now i believe ... and i understand the importance of an correct installation-process!

But who is buying all the Add-ons for FSX in this order? ;)

Many thanks and see you in the air!

Markus