Fmc Fs9 - Eurowings Pro

PeterS

Hi - I know there's been a good number of posts regarding this but i have been unable to open any of the threads to see the solution. Could someone tell me how it's possible to import flight plans into the FMC using FS9, please don't refer me to a thread on a previous post. I'm using the Airbus A319 ans A320. Just really getting started with the FMC and just completed the first tutrorial okay and moving onto tutorial 2 and FS2002 flight plan is mentioned - don't want to spend hours trying to suss this out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:huh:

Guest Hodge001

Hi

Although I don’t have FS9 installed at the moment due to a system crash that has got me reinstalling everything (FSX first I’m afraid), but I do remember that I had a similar problem with the FMC importing flight plans.

Below is a copy of the post from the Digital Aviation forum, which may help to get you up and running with the FMC.

I also seem to remember that the FMC can also have a problem with the INIT page of the Bae 146

Unfortunately, the FMC we use is not fully compatible with FS2004. This means that a little trick is needed to import FS flightplans into it.

1) Create a file called "FS2002.cfg" in your FS2004 main directory. The content of this file doesn't matter at all, it can also be empty). The existence of the FS2002.cfg let's the FMC detect an FS2002.

2) Copy the flight plan files you want to import (file extension ".pln") to FS2004\Flights\MyFlts. Create this directory if it doesn't already exist.

That's. Now, the FMC will be able to detect and import your flightplans.

EDIT: It seems that the FMC isn't able to import every FS2004 flightplan. For now, we don't the reason for this behaviour and thus can't offer a solution. Until we can come up with a solution, we strongly suggest to use the FMC as it is meant to and to avoid the flightplan import.

I know that you would rather not be referred to yet another forum, but if you want a little more information you could try the DA forum at

http://www.digital-aviation.de/forum/index.php

I hope it helps.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi - Thanks for responding, please tell me how to create this file, and is it to be put in;

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9

Thanks again.

PeterS

Guest Hodge001

Hi PeterS

The easiest way would be to open a new notepad document, do not type anything and save it as FS2002.cfg instead of FS2002.txt

After thinking about it for a while after I replied, I seem to remember that even when I followed the instructions on the location of the MyFlights folder I still would not import the plans and I had to play around with the location of the MyFlights folder in order to get the FMC to import the flightplans, but for the life of me I can’t remember which folder it ended up in.

I hope it helps, it will work in the end.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi - I don't seem to be able to save the file as .cfg instead of .txt. The save as box only gives me .txt as a file type to save.

Could you give me step by step instructions (pretend i'm an idiot).

Thanks

PeterS

:(

Guest Hodge001

Hi PeterS

We ALL started out this way, anyway in the name of experimentation I’ve just reinstalled FS9 on my system, and with the update to 9.1 the main FS9 directory actually contains a blank FS2002.cfg file (at least my version does), so if you have a quick look it may already be in place.

If not then the second easiest way to create one is to copy any file ending in .cfg to another folder, open the file in notepad, delete everything in it and click save (not save as), then rename the file to FS2002

I have managed to import a flightplan by adding a folder called MyFlts to the Flights folder of FS9, but while I get the correct number of waypoints the actual waypoint names are just square blocks, now this could be an incorrectly installed font, but I don’t think so as I can enter the waypoints manually, and as they appear when typed into the FMC I don’t think that it’s a database problem.

I have to admit that as I’ve also just reinstalled FSX after a major drive crash that I have not really spent a lot of time on this problem, but I’m sure that I will get the answer, as I previously had the FMC fully functional, it’s just that it’s been a while since I used FS9 and I can’t bring to mind what I had to do to rectify this problem, but either you or I will get there, that’s if you get the same error with the flightplan names, you may well not get the error.

I hope this helps to get you started, and I’ll get back if I remember what I had to do previously.

Jim Hodkinson

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hodge001

Hi PeterS

Finally I remembered what I previously had to do to get an FS9 generated flight plan to show in the Eurowings FMC, so here goes.

This is a standard FS9 generated flight plan from Zurich to Stansted

[flightplan]

title=LSZH to EGSS

description=LSZH, EGSS

type=IFR

routetype=3

cruising_altitude=10000

departure_id=LSZH, N47* 26.86', E8* 33.71', +001415.99

departure_position=GATE T 5

destination_id=EGSS, N51* 52.52', E0* 13.23', +000348.00

departure_name=Zurich

destination_name=Stansted

waypoint.0=, LSZH, , LSZH, A, N47* 26.86', E8* 33.71', +001415.99,

waypoint.1=LS, HOC, , HOC, V, N47* 27.99', E7* 39.93', +000000.00,

waypoint.2=EG, SOVAT, , SOVAT, I, N50* 46.77', E1* 28.00', +000000.00, L613

waypoint.3=EG, SANDY, , SANDY, I, N51* 3.85', E1* 4.05', +000000.00, L613

waypoint.4=EG, DET, , DET, V, N51* 18.23', E0* 35.83', +000000.00, L613

waypoint.5=EG, DET04, , DET04, I, N51* 21.10', E0* 31.38', +000000.00, B4

waypoint.6=, EGSS, , EGSS, A, N51* 52.52', E0* 13.23', +000348.00,

If you import this flight plan you will get the correct amount of waypoints, but the waypoint entries will just be flight plan discontinuities.

So to rectify this you will have to open the plan using notepad (or similar) and delete the beginning of the waypoint entries up to (but not including) the last mention of the actual waypoint as shown below.

[flightplan]

title=LSZH to EGSS

description=LSZH, EGSS

type=IFR

routetype=3

cruising_altitude=10000

departure_id=LSZH, N47* 26.86', E8* 33.71', +001415.99

departure_position=GATE T 5

destination_id=EGSS, N51* 52.52', E0* 13.23', +000348.00

departure_name=Zurich

destination_name=Stansted

waypoint.0=LSZH, A, N47* 26.86', E8* 33.71', +001415.99,

waypoint.1=HOC, V, N47* 27.99', E7* 39.93', +000000.00,

waypoint.2=SOVAT, I, N50* 46.77', E1* 28.00', +000000.00, L613

waypoint.3=SANDY, I, N51* 3.85', E1* 4.05', +000000.00, L613

waypoint.4=DET, V, N51* 18.23', E0* 35.83', +000000.00, L613

waypoint.5=DET04, I, N51* 21.10', E0* 31.38', +000000.00, B4

waypoint.6=EGSS, A, N51* 52.52', E0* 13.23', +000348.00,

With this done click save and move the flight plan into your freshly created MyFlts folder that you have in the main Flight Simulator 9>Flights folder.

Now you can fire up the Eurowings FMC and import the flight plan, which will now have all the waypoints correctly showing, including distance and bearing.

If somebody with a lot more programming skills than I have could figure out a batch conversion program that would automate this editing, I’m sure that it would be well received.

I hope that this helps.

Jim Hodkinson