Release: Bush Hawk Xp

• Aerosoft

We love them. Small aircraft that can land at small strips and don't mind getting wet and cold. Bush aircraft, we love them. And they don't come much better then the Bush Hawk XP. The real aircraft is an ideal aircraft for the outback on any continent and the US Fishery & Wildlife department choose it as the ideal mix of load bearing capacity, reliability and safety. The one in FSX has been done by Thorsten Reichert and friends in sublime detail and with many special features. It is so real you will almost smell the fish that you are hauling in one of the models.

Checkout the features on the product page.

bushhawk_27.jpg

bushhawk_1.jpg

bushhawk_13.jpg

bushhawk_19.jpg

bushhawk_8.jpg

bushhawk_22.jpg

Checkout the features on the product page.

Great to hear that the release is here. But what does "Direct X 10 compatible (with exception of some lights)" mean? Isn't a compatibility question simply a yes/no question? Either it is compatible or it isn't - like pregnancy. You can't be a little bit pregnant. I'd love to hear what lights are effected and in what way.

Besides, initially the BushHawk has been advertised as a 5-model-package. The amphib and tundra versions are no in the retail package. This is perfectly understandable but I need to know if that will be a payware addition later or if the two models will be free of charge in a patch.

Thanks and best regards.

I cannot give a final answer to this question at the moment. ;)

The Bushhawk has indeed DX10 compatibility, but some testers reported weird problems with lights under DX10, so I needed to tweak them. Now I expect not to face any issues anymore, but since fsx itself has some DX10-bugs in the lights system I cannot guarantee 100% compatibility.

When you purchase Aerosoft products you want to be sure you get a great product, so we decided to write something about DX10 compatibility. But maybe we need to adjust it a bit.

By the way, is it really necessary that the very same Bushawk is nearly 10% cheaper over at Simmarket. I kinda feel like an idiot now that I bought here at Aerosoft for some loyalty reason. 2 Euros may not sound much but these days it is.

Great to hear that the release is here. But what does "Direct X 10 compatible (with exception of some lights)" mean? Isn't a compatibility question simply a yes/no question? Either it is compatible or it isn't - like pregnancy. You can't be a little bit pregnant. I'd love to hear what lights are effected and in what way.

Besides, initially the BushHawk has been advertised as a 5-model-package. The amphib and tundra versions are no in the retail package. This is perfectly understandable but I need to know if that will be a payware addition later or if the two models will be free of charge in a patch.

Thanks and best regards.

I think the question begs the further question - do you understand what the level of implementation of DirectX10 features in FSX actually is..?

It's a phantom pregnancy - to utilise your own metaphor. DX10 is not, is not claimed to be and will NEVER be a construct that is an integral part of the FSX experience. It is stated as such by ACES, but it seems with the passage of time people are beginning to place their own interpretations on what the presence of that check box means.

I'll tell you what it means: It's BETA, and you're on your own...

In this case quite literally. ACES have abandoned it. I see no imperative for DX10 compatibility for any FSX-based product as long as the simple option exists to STOP any problems by simply UNchecking that little box. I also cannot see why ACES can state it's an abandoned beta, handed out as-is, and that statement be even slightly misconstrued by the marketplace. There are so many `broken` things with the DX10 implementation - not least of which being the drivers of graphic cards that are able to utilise it - that it is meaningless to make the statement you have made, except to demonstrate a lack of perspicacity. :angry:

On the other hand, your question about the other two models appears to have been side-stepped in the developers reply, and THAT most certainly will not do. <_<

A definitive answer please. Soon. Or else the money's going elsewhere. Times are tough, and I'm sure I speak for many when I say I don't have the spare budget to wait around while developers samba around the handbags on the dancefloor. :unsure:

Thanks for raising that point.

Well I know about the DX10 issues. But in my eyes you cannot advertise a DX10 model and saying there might be DX10 issues at the same time. Either it works in DX10 or it doesn't. That has little to do with DX10 beeing any useful.

Hi Simon,

The question of what models get realeased and when has long been answered, but I am sure Thorsten will be only to glad to repeat the answer later. It is just a question of finding the right threads.

The other two (tundra wheels and straight floats) are going to be part of a separate pack with more paints, missions, goodies and such.

I'll go along with your comments on DX10... a right PITA that was, testing in both formats. It does depend on the box that's flying it. For me the lights in DX10 were dimmer. But as even MS will be changing and waiting for DX11 ;) ...

Question:

Answer:

I cannot give a final answer to this question at the moment. ;)

We cannot give details about the other models and things we did for the Bushhawk at the moment. Just this: the project grew too big to be pressed into one product. So we decided to concentrate on the best and most important features. What you get for 30 Euro now is a lot - compare it to other aircraft packages. ;)

There will be another pack or product later this year, but I cannot tell what kind of pack it will be. If it should cost more money I can promise you: it's gonna be worth every cent, just like the Bushhawk itself. ;)

• Aerosoft
By the way, is it really necessary that the very same Bushawk is nearly 10% cheaper over at Simmarket. I kinda feel like an idiot now that I bought here at Aerosoft for some loyalty reason. 2 Euros may not sound much but these days it is.

And for sure it was a mistake. It should be the same price at both shops and as far as I can see now it is the same.

• Aerosoft
Well I know about the DX10 issues. But in my eyes you cannot advertise a DX10 model and saying there might be DX10 issues at the same time. Either it works in DX10 or it doesn't. That has little to do with DX10 beeing any useful.

Well if that's the case there will be no addon that's DX10 compatible as certain aspects are just not supported and almost nothing is documented. But some aircraft won't load or have whole sections invisible. This one only has the 'standard' issue with the lights. For some users that's not a big issue as DX10 looks better. So calling it DX10 compatible was defendable in my opinion.

In addition to that, the Bushhawk does not have the "default" light bug. We were able to fix this, so unlike default fsx aircraft you can actually see exterior lights in DX10 mode. ;)

We just wanted to inform you that we cannot guarantee that those lights do work - allthough we very much expect them to (as they worked for all testers)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Another video about the Bush Hawk:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=0lOBs1wH3VU

Mr. Thorsten,

Great Model and Excellent Video! B)

Just one quick question: I saw that you were able to illuminate the ground with the landing lights; Is that also visible from the VC?

PS: This Bush Hawk X is already on my Christmas Bulk Order # 2 List; so, a quick reply would be greatly appreciated. ;)

• Upvote 1

Why should they not be visible from VC? I haven't heard of that problem, neither with DX9 nor DX10 mode. :huh:

Great! B) That's what I wanted to hear ... And it's (BH-X) on my list HERE.

PS: Would you kindly, please, help the "F-16 X Dev. team" make that happen for their model as well? :lol::P;)

Thank you! :D

• Upvote 1

I'll see what I can do. :D

By the way: What a fantastic xmas list you've got there. :blink: As you seem to be interested in (backcountry) missions you shouldn't miss the mission pack "Flight Tales 1". If you want I could give you a small patch that allows you to use the Bush Hawk for some of those missions. ;)

I'll see what I can do. :D

By the way: What a fantastic xmas list you've got there. :blink: As you seem to be interested in (backcountry) missions you shouldn't miss the mission pack "Flight Tales 1". If you want I could give you a small patch that allows you to use the Bush Hawk for some of those missions. ;)

Mr. horst18519,

Sure would love it ... Please have Mr. Kok add it to the FAQ/Updates sections when this order is processed and do post the patch; I'm sure everyone would love it. ;) Also, the answer is "Yes" - I get to do everything in FSX, that I'd get fired for, if I tried to do it in the companies jets. :lol:

PS: Just added it - "FSX Mission Pack - Flight Tales 1 (FSX only)" ... ;)

• Upvote 1