Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Vc Canopy Transparency/reflections

• Aerosoft

Attached is a new bitmap texture to change the reflection and transparency of the canopy. If you like you could try this one out. it should for sure be more transparent on ALL systems and the reflections are more detailed. This should NOT affect framerates in any way.

Unzip the attached zip to the Aerosoft F-16C Clean\Texture folder. It contains two bitmaps:

• F-16_11_T.dds.org (the original bitmap, added as backup)
  • F-16_11_T.dds (the new bitmap)

NewCanopyBitmaps.zip

Attached is a new bitmap texture to change the reflection and transparency of the canopy. If you like you could try this one out. it should for sure be more transparent on ALL systems and the reflections are more detailed. This should NOT affect framerates in any way.

Unzip the attached zip to the Aerosoft F-16C Clean\Texture folder. It contains two bitmaps:

Thanks ... This is a great addition.

Now, please fix/add all the INOP functions of the gauges in this model and add my face to the pilot, so that, I can really have a good time with this bird. Thank you. B)

Now that's customer service. :D

Best,

Jan

VC reflections and those scenery enviromental sounds were neat at first but have quickly gotten old.

The novelty has worn off.

The ground crew spent alot of time cleaning that 200 thousand $ canopy.

I know some like em but its just not right.

Now if we can stop developers from tinting vc glass.

I have tried the new glass fix and the view is now clear as a bell. Thanks so much,

Flying this plane thru the mountains at a brake neck speeds is now very enjoyable. :P

I have also noticed that the glass shape the hud reflects on has vanished.

Is there a chance of getting a happy medium that would include this lost detail?

I just want this perfect plane to be...well perfect.

Best,

Jan

I have tried the new glass fix and the view is now clear as a bell. Thanks so much,

Flying this plane thru the mountains at a brake neck speeds is now very enjoyable. :P

I have also noticed that the glass shape the hud reflects on has vanished.

Is there a chance of getting a happy medium that would include this lost detail?

I just want this perfect plane to be...well perfect.

Best,

Jan

Jan. I can still see the top edge of the HUD glass after installing the clearer canopy files. It is, though, pretty faint, yes. Maybe it varies by video card?

Jan. I can still see the top edge of the HUD glass after installing the clearer canopy files. It is, though, pretty faint, yes. Maybe it varies by video card?

I have tried it in a number of different lighting conditions but so far it does not show up. :blink:

• Aerosoft
I like the new glass textures very much. thank you

Okay, now try the one attached to this post, we believe it is better. To see the full effect it needs a new mdl that will be provided soon, but it should already be a lot better.

Canopy_update.zip

• Aerosoft

Could very well be, try the latest version, should be a bit more defined there.

Could very well be, try the latest version, should be a bit more defined there.

Thanks much Mathijs, I will give it a try tonight when I get home from work. :rolleyes:

Best,

Jan

VC reflections and those scenery enviromental sounds were neat at first but have quickly gotten old.

The novelty has worn off.

The ground crew spent alot of time cleaning that 200 thousand $ canopy.

I know some like em but its just not right.

Now if we can stop developers from tinting vc glass.

I agree with the tinting problem.

The Carenado Mooney has a green tint - but the OrbX enhancement removed it replacing it with a battered and scratched windscreen - much more relaistic !

Are you into the Gee Bee too ? Did you see my review on AVSIM of the Alphasim version ?

I did and I love the old Gee Bee.

This past summer I was in DC and seen the Hughes H1 at the Air & Space Museum,

After that the aerosoft H1 has turned into a must fly. :P

By the way Mathijs, That last texture update did the trick with the F-16 VC glass.

Thanks again, You can't ask for better service than this.

Jan