Problems with AES

Guest David K.

Guest David K.

Hello,

I have big problems with your great product.

As I got a new PC some time ago I mooved my FS onto this. Now as I wanted to install AES at the end of installation it gave me 3 Warnings about core files. As I said ignore the Installer finished and the AES window opened. I started FS and minimized. Now as I wanted to give a plane the Parameters AES said "ERROR WITH CONNECTING TO FS".

Well I restarted everything...no reaction same problems. I can use AES normally but would like to set new parameters.

So please help!

Greets Dave.

• Developer

You have Vista and you have installed the FS in his default directory below c:\program Files?

In this case, AESHelp starts in Admin Mode (see headerline) and when the FS is not also set to Adminmode, Vista blocks the communication.

• Developer
Ah thats right. I started FS normally...

So I need to start both in the ADMIN mdoe?

Only, when you want make the Aircraft Parameter or the Timer/Sound Config, both needs the communication. In all other cases, you can start the FS normal.

But, as long as you have the UAC (User Access Controll) active on your PC, take care, that the FS9 is not prepared for Vista and all your changes (scenery.cfg, and so on) will move to the "Virtual Store" and not to the c:\program files\... subdirs, when the FS is started normal.

This can bring you in citical situation, like you never see a addon installed by a installer, because the actual scenery.cfg in virtual store is not updated by the installer.

So I recommand to move the FS outside a protected directory (like c:\FS9 or d:\FS9) or to run it allways in adminmode (but here it is possible, that this is to late yet, as some file are allready in VS)

But thats are all problems not AES related. AESHelp will move all his files down to the correct directory when the Exe starts, but I can't solve the rest (for example scenery.cfg, here you only get a warning).

• Developer
I havent had any problems with installers. Sadly I dont have a second drive either.

Everything works now. Thanks Oliver!

You can also use C:\FS9 no need for a other drive, only not below the windows default programm directories, which are UAC controlled.

But when all work, ok, but keep that in mind, when you wonder why something not works correct.