Best way to reinstall AES

BrzI

Just bought a new computer and need to reinstall AES. Retiring old one as soon as I reconfigure the new one.

What is the best way to reinstall AES on FS9 ?

Reinstall from scratch and add serial numbers to get my full complment of credits ? Will this work ?

or

Install latest version and move some files from old installation ? If yes, which files ? Also, will this work even if I have not yet reinstalled all sceneries ?

Thanks

• Developer

Hi,

when you install AES on a clean new PC, you can add and assign Credits as normal, but you lose all setting and configs.

The best way is, to save all *.DAT Files you find in the ..\Aerosoft\AES maindir and create a ..\Aerosoft\AES directory on the new PC, copy the files there and then start the newest Installer. The Installer will add all needed program files, but keeps the setting and all Credits and assignments are back. Then you only need to mark all you allready installed addon Airports to "FS9" in the list, then all parts are back there too.

In this case, also you Aircraft-Door-Settings (Intelliscene.cfg) should be back, aslong as the Aircraft is installed in the same Subdirectoryname below AIRCRAFT as on the old PC (what should be automatically for all payware aircrafts)

Then you only need to mark all you allready installed addon Airports to "FS9" in the list, then all parts are back there too.

In this case, also you Aircraft-Door-Settings (Intelliscene.cfg) should be back, aslong as the Aircraft is installed in the same Subdirectoryname below AIRCRAFT as on the old PC (what should be automatically for all payware aircrafts)

Thanks. Just need some clarification:

If I copy all the .dat files and run the new installation, will the AES work if I install one of the AES-supported sceneries LATER ?

Also, I thought the door settings (Intelliscene.cfg) were kept in the local aircraft folder ?

Thanks again.

• Developer
Thanks. Just need some clarification:

If I copy all the .dat files and run the new installation, will the AES work if I install one of the AES-supported sceneries LATER ?

Yes. As long as the Scenery is not installed, this Airport is red in AEShelp, but (if credits was assiged) allready in FULL Mode. When AEShelp detect the scenery after you install it, this Airport goes darkgreen and you can set him aktive (FS9) by a doubleclick of his line. The he is full active again.

No need to install all sceneries first.

Also, I thought the door settings (Intelliscene.cfg) were kept in the local aircraft folder ?

Correct, but AES makes a copy of all this data in one of his dat files, so when he detect a Aircraft with the same foldername, but without a Intelliscene.cfg, AESHelp will gernerate a intelliscene.cfg for this Aircraft automatically.

But, the detaction is handled by the foldername (name below AIRCRAFT), when this is different, he can't see that it was existing before.

The other way is to collect and save all Intelliscene.cfgs, but that is maybe a long job.

Yes. As long as the Scenery is not installed, this Airport is red in AEShelp, but (if credits was assiged) allready in FULL Mode. When AEShelp detect the scenery after you install it, this Airport goes darkgreen and you can set him aktive (FS9) by a doubleclick of his line. The he is full active again.

No need to install all sceneries first.

Correct, but AES makes a copy of all this data in one of his dat files, so when he detect a Aircraft with the same foldername, but without a Intelliscene.cfg, AESHelp will gernerate a intelliscene.cfg for this Aircraft automatically.

But, the detaction is handled by the foldername (name below AIRCRAFT), when this is different, he can't see that it was existing before.

The other way is to collect and save all Intelliscene.cfgs, but that is maybe a long job.

Great explanation. Thank you.

Man, I love my i7 920 :-)

Have a little problem. All the credits have been transfered. Installed airports are in green. Not yet installed are in red. They all have the correct credits showing. However, AES is not working...in the list of airports for every one of them there is the word "off" on the left-hand side.

This happens whether I have FS9 open or not.

FWIW, all the dat files were from a previous version of AES. Could this be the reason ?

Please see attached screenshot.

post-1960-1232090958_thumb.jpg

Thanks

• Developer

Hi,

thats all ok and I explained it here:

No need to install all sceneries first

This airports are found and FULL (darkgreen), so you only need to doubleclick each of this lines to get the "off" to "FS9",

then the airports change color to lightgreen and are active and working in FS.

This airports are found and FULL (darkgreen), so you only need to doubleclick each of this lines to get the "off" to "FS9",

then the airports change color to lightgreen and are active and working in FS.

Thanks

:wub: