Madeira X in FS9?

LPPT_man

Well.. the title says it all.

As we long wait for LPPR, LPPT and LPFR for FSX for Portugal and having in our hands Lisbon 2008 would it be reasonable to make Madeira X compatible with FS9?

I know the ground textures wouldnt look that amazing as they look in FSX but i guess there are a lot of 3D objects made for Madeira X that could easly complete Wonderful Madeira Scenery as an update...that is if making a FS9 version of Madeira X would be a bad deal for u.

Cheers

• Aerosoft
Well.. the title says it all.

As we long wait for LPPR, LPPT and LPFR for FSX for Portugal and having in our hands Lisbon 2008 would it be reasonable to make Madeira X compatible with FS9?

I know the ground textures wouldnt look that amazing as they look in FSX but i guess there are a lot of 3D objects made for Madeira X that could easly complete Wonderful Madeira Scenery as an update...that is if making a FS9 version of Madeira X would be a bad deal for u.

Cheers

Well it is a complex and time consuming task and we would be competing with a product we already sell. That makes very little commercial sense. The FS9 market simply is not big enough anymore for these kinds of things. I know there are still many FS9 pilots around, we meet them daily and in their hundreds at shows and meetings. But they don't buy a lot anymore. FSX users tend to spend a lot more on addons. Of course that is logical to a point, but that does not change the fact that development for FS2004 is commercially very hard at this moment.

Well it is a complex and time consuming task and we would be competing with a product we already sell. That makes very little commercial sense. The FS9 market simply is not big enough anymore for these kinds of things. I know there are still many FS9 pilots around, we meet them daily and in their hundreds at shows and meetings. But they don't buy a lot anymore. FSX users tend to spend a lot more on addons. Of course that is logical to a point, but that does not change the fact that development for FS2004 is commercially very hard at this moment.

It's a pitty... :(... but tks for ur answer anyway.

I understand that ur bet now is FSX as it more and more becomes the main platform for flight simulation.

Cheers

• Aerosoft
It's a pitty... :( ... but tks for ur answer anyway.

I understand that ur bet now is FSX as it more and more becomes the main platform for flight simulation.

Cheers

Well not really a bet but simple sales data. It has been like that for the last 9 months at least and it shows no signs of changing direction. In fact with the core i7 available and the fast duo and quatro cores being cheaper we are seeing more people making the switch. People buy new computers all the time and when they do very often the previous preconceptions against FSX are removed as well. I can honestly say that on my system FSX is simply faster then FS2004 and when I get into the same position in both sims I see far more and far more details in FSX while the aircraft are at least the same or far better. So why would I prefer FS2004? Why would anybody with the hardware I got (and it's a <850 euro machine, nothing like I paid for when I wanted FS2004 to go fast two years ago) use FS2004?

Again and I like to stress this, if you prefer FS2004, good for you. We'll try as much as possible to get new products to you. Nothing wrong with FS2004. But let's put it this way... when we show our newest FSX products on shows and events, you really think we sell a lot of FS2004 products covering simular aircraft or locations?

Well not really a bet but simple sales data. It has been like that for the last 9 months at least and it shows no signs of changing direction. In fact with the core i7 available and the fast duo and quatro cores being cheaper we are seeing more people making the switch. People buy new computers all the time and when they do very often the previous preconceptions against FSX are removed as well. I can honestly say that on my system FSX is simply faster then FS2004 and when I get into the same position in both sims I see far more and far more details in FSX while the aircraft are at least the same or far better. So why would I prefer FS2004? Why would anybody with the hardware I got (and it's a <850 euro machine, nothing like I paid for when I wanted FS2004 to go fast two years ago) use FS2004?

Again and I like to stress this, if you prefer FS2004, good for you. We'll try as much as possible to get new products to you. Nothing wrong with FS2004. But let's put it this way... when we show our newest FSX products on shows and events, you really think we sell a lot of FS2004 products covering simular aircraft or locations?

Why stay in FS2004?... well...

Ive got an E8500@3.8GHZ with an GeForce 9800 GTX and still prefer FS2004...

Because im the IFR type of player that need AES, full traffic, complex airports, complex aircrafts... and still there isnt any alternative in FSX for my homeland airports... LPPR, LPPT e LPFR... mainly those are the reasons why i stay in FS9... and cause all the addons that i bougth represent a huge investment to just put FS2004 in the trash bin. I know that this is the normal in computers industry where the new is always going over the old but for the time being ill stay with FS9.

Cheers

Why stay in FS2004?... well...

Ive got an E8500@3.8GHZ with an GeForce 9800 GTX and still prefer FS2004...

Because im the IFR type of player that need AES, full traffic, complex airports, complex aircrafts... and still there isnt any alternative in FSX for my homeland airports... LPPR, LPPT e LPFR... mainly those are the reasons why i stay in FS9... and cause all the addons that i bougth represent a huge investment to just put FS2004 in the trash bin. I know that this is the normal in computers industry where the new is always going over the old but for the time being ill stay with FS9.

Cheers

Agreed FS2k4 here as well and I am OC'd to almost 4.5

Why do I want to struggle for 20FPS with 1/4 traffic when I can be locked at 60FPS with every slider pinned right, every add-on I could desire even at KEWR with NYC active and full traffic...

For us big Iron users there is still no competition between FS9 and FSX but I will agree for low and slow FSX is far superior. I think the current Polls at PMDG and Maddog clearly show the heavy skew to FS9 for the big iron flyer.

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=237320

I have also sat here and repeatedly heard Aerosoft's position on how superior FSX is and why it does not make sense to develop to FS9 and how FS9 users don't buy anymore and if I had good enough hardware I would run FSX and love it... Not true, those of us who love FS9 don't just do it because we have inferior Hardware..

Maybe, just maybe had you not taken that attitude and cut the FS9 titles to 1/4 of the FSX titles your sales numbers would be different...

Just my honest opinion but from an outsiders perspective FS9 was never given a chance to survive at Aerosoft, it was thrown to the dogs as soon as FSX was released and us FS9 users get the scraps whereas FSX is getting the full meal....

If you stop paying attention to FS9, constantly make comments that make the organization sound like FSX elitists and cut the FS9 titles to next to nil I don't see how your sales numbers could have ever given FS9 a chance.

I would wager that if the majority of your FSX only titles were made for FS9 and you actively marketed both sims rather than repeatedly making comments that alienate FS9 users that your sales numbers would be totally different.

Just my .02 but I am getting tired of hearing how FS9 is for those of use with older computers that can't handle FSX... To the contrary, I could easily run either sim with my machine but FS9's performance can not be touched by FSX in an extremely intensive situation like EGLL with Full traffic, full weather, UT, GE PRO and a good heavy add-on Aircraft.

I love Aerosoft and I am a huge huge supporter but I have to admit this constant FSX high and mighty attitude really rubs me the wrong way at times...

-Paul

I love Aerosoft and I am a huge huge supporter but I have to admit this constant FSX high and mighty attitude really rubs me the wrong way at times...

-Paul

Yes, me too. With all respect sometimes gives me great laughs reading Mathijs comments, he just tries too hard. Mathijs, I understand your bussiness strategies, but your attitude makes you lose credibility.

As for LPPT MAN, I think it was crearly stated in the New Releases forum that Madeira was FSX only. There is a scenery creator making a (seems like) pretty good and accurate Madeira scenery for FS9, check out the link http://www.freewebs.com/lpma/

Here you can see several images too:

http://www.freewebs.com/lpma/Screenshots/010908.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/lpma/Screenshots/140708a.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/lpma/Screenshots/140708b.jpg

Have a great day guys,

Yoan

Yes, me too. With all respect sometimes gives me great laughs reading Mathijs comments, he just tries too hard. Mathijs, I understand your bussiness strategies, but your attitude makes you lose credibility.

As for LPPT MAN, I think it was crearly stated in the New Releases forum that Madeira was FSX only. There is a scenery creator making a (seems like) pretty good and accurate Madeira scenery for FS9, check out the link http://www.freewebs.com/lpma/

Here you can see several images too:

http://www.freewebs.com/lpma/Screenshots/010908.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/lpma/Screenshots/140708a.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/lpma/Screenshots/140708b.jpg

Have a great day guys,

Yoan

Yeah.. i know.. but putting objects made for the FSX scenery in the Wonderful Madeira Scenery as an addon would be easy... even i with EZ-Scenery could do it with no problems.... and that would improve one of the already Aerosoft's product and make us FS9 users happy to have an update.

As for that project u gave the links i already knew it but to me seems pretty dead as since September there are no updates and no responses in the forum... and the scenery is definately worse than the Wonderful Madeira as the developer (freeware) will probably just make the airport and leave LPPS outside the packet.

Cheers

"I am getting tired of hearing how FS9 is for those of use with older computers that can't handle FSX"

I concur.

I use FS9 simply because it can do things FSX cannot and never will be able to.

Nothing to do with computing power at all. :rolleyes:

....and speaking for myself.....I will be snapping up any decent FS9 projects (freeware and payware).

"I use FS9 simply because it can do things FSX cannot and never will be able to."

Like being able to generate blurry textures?

Maybe the feature of not being able to show weather effects on the ground, or the lack of real 360* sound simulation?

Or is it the low ground texture resolution?

No, I get, I get, it's the lack multi-processor support, isn't it?

Sorry for being sarcastic, but I find this emotional attachment to FS9 quite amusing.

Best regards,

Mikkel

Sorry for being sarcastic, but I find this emotional attachment to FS9 quite amusing.

Best regards,

Mikkel

Its not emotional... its just pure racional thinking...

Im not gonna change to a sim where there isnt AES yet neither lots of the sceneries i use. That would be a downgrade and as i said before, IFR doesn´t need nice ground textures... needs nice complex airports with lots of traffic and good smooth perfomance. Needs nice complex smooth airplanes where the small details of the 3D model are the last thing it matters as the simulation of the systems and failures is the most important.Also i give a lot of value to the money already spend in FS9 addons and not gonna throw it to the trash bin as this is also economical thinking.

I also find quite amusing and "ive been there, done that" ppl that move to the newer versions just because they are new! Many time they loose a lot... but the new is the best and they must have it no matter what. With time i learned to be more calm in my changes looking at the cons and pros preventing me a good nice frustration like the one i had with FS98-FS2000 transition.

More and more i see that a large part of the FSX users are new simmers that havent used FS earliar versions (as the sales at Phil Taylor's blog show) and actually for them its all the same, and the best sim is definately FSX. These guys are the ones that are probably buying most of the stuff from Aerosoft which develops mostly scenery products and applications. I use FS since the Spectrum days (when all i needed was some circles and dots to have fun) and went all the path too today owning too a FSX version of the sim.

Inevitabily i will change to FSX but only when i can fly without loosing what i valuable more in the sim and when i choose to and not because there is an addon that exists in FSX and not in FS9. In the end the overall is all it counts.

Cheers

Also i give a lot of value to the money already spend in FS9 addons and not gonna throw it to the trash bin as this is also economical thinking.

Inevitabily i will change to FSX but only when i can fly without loosing what i valuable more in the sim...

Where is it written that you have to change to FSX? I finally decided, with help from Microsoft (RIP, ACES) to purchase a copy of FSX, but I have no intention of removing FS9 from my system because I have too much money tied up in payware. There are things I want that are FSX only, and I expect we're going to start seeing more of that in the near future.

• Aerosoft

Keep in mind that AES will be soon available for FSX and it looks darned good.

And to each his own, as long as it is understood that our decisions to do something for FS2004 or not has nothing to do with how much we like FSX or FS2004. First of all it has to do with the possibilities (it could be plainly impossible in FS2004, like missions, or it could be too slow in Fs2004, like a scenery the complexity of Manhattan that simply needs multi core support). Secondly it has to do with the commercial options. The FS2004 market is simply limited at this moment, if all the people who write they love FS2004 would buy FS2004 products as much as they have done things would look different. But that's simply not the case. Aerosoft does what the customers want as long as we don't loose money on it, we would be silly if we would do anything else.

Keep in mind that AES will be soon available for FSX and it looks darned good.

And to each his own, as long as it is understood that our decisions to do something for FS2004 or not has nothing to do with how much we like FSX or FS2004. First of all it has to do with the possibilities (it could be plainly impossible in FS2004, like missions, or it could be too slow in Fs2004, like a scenery the complexity of Manhattan that simply needs multi core support). Secondly it has to do with the commercial options. The FS2004 market is simply limited at this moment, if all the people who write they love FS2004 would buy FS2004 products as much as they have done things would look different. But that's simply not the case. Aerosoft does what the customers want as long as we don't loose money on it, we would be silly if we would do anything else.

I fully understand that Mathijs. You have to sell to pay to ur developers and staff, afterall this is a serious business that must be driven by business law. You guys do a very good job and represent true value for all the FS Community and are probably the reason why so many folks have already changed to FSX and will continue to change.

I just saw that there wont be Airports of Portugal in the Release List... :(.... can u give a small inlight on what happened?...did the portuguese developer get laid off?..lol...

Cheers

• 2 months later...