Madeira - Airport problems

chris95

Hi

I have a major terrain problem with the airport:

2009-2-20_21-33-14-156.jpg

I have this problem with or without the update.

When I go to the airport I sink through the elevated landscape....

I've not seen this problem discussed before...Any help appreciated.

Hendrik

Hello Hendrik,

Please make sure that you have no other afcads for Madeira running possibly from AI Traffic programs, also have you applied the suggestions in the manual.

Thanks for the reply Shaun. I'm pretty sure I don't have any other afcads for madeira running. I have My Traffic 5.2 as my AI Traffic program, but de-activating this has no effect.

I'm sure it is an addon though - Madiera ran fine when I first installed it a while ago. I am a scenery freak and have loaded a lot since, but none that should interfere with this part of the world.

I've followed the manual's reccomendations for FSX settings - is there something else I should try?

Hendrik

Edit - Forgive me , I have just read the FAQ. What is slew mode?

Hello Hendrik,

Slew mode is when you can move the plane around by using the joystick and some keys. You normally press the "Y" key for this.

You may want to disable all your other 3rd party scenery in the scenery library except for Madeira then recheck Madeira, if its okay add the scenery back a few at a time till the problem reoccurs, then you can find the incompatible scenery.

Hello Hendrik,

Slew mode is when you can move the plane around by using the joystick and some keys. You normally press the "Y" key for this.

You may want to disable all your other 3rd party scenery in the scenery library except for Madeira then recheck Madeira, if its okay add the scenery back a few at a time till the problem reoccurs, then you can find the incompatible scenery.

Thanks - i have never used slew mode so that FAQ suggestion isn't relevant.

I'll try disabling everything but Madeira as you suggest.

Thanks - i have never used slew mode so that FAQ suggestion isn't relevant.

I'll try disabling everything but Madeira as you suggest.

Hi Shaun

Disabling everything didn't help. But, noticed there are 3 folders in simobjects/aircraft labelled a310, a314 and a320 (madeira). Were these installed by Madeira X?

Hendrik

Hello Hendrik,

If its not in a 3rd party scenery then it must have been added to the default folders.

Have you installed any meshes.

Hi Shaun

I'll remove these also - as for meshes, not for this area as far as I know but I'll dig a little deeper.

Thanks for your continuing suggestions...

Hi.

I used to have those terrain problems, but in other places, when I was using terrain mesh add-ons. If you have any of these, such as Ultimate terrain X or Global FS 2008, try disabling them.

In Madeira I sorta had the same issue in lesser dimentions, though. I set the mesh resolution to 5m in the graphics settings for FSX and the problem was gone.

Hi.

I used to have those terrain problems, but in other places, when I was using terrain mesh add-ons. If you have any of these, such as Ultimate terrain X or Global FS 2008, try disabling them.

In Madeira I sorta had the same issue in lesser dimentions, though. I set the mesh resolution to 5m in the graphics settings for FSX and the problem was gone.

Thanks guys - removed UT Europe from my system and made sure all mesh settings etc were correct fot Madeira. I'm sure I have no third party meshes installed now, apart from UTX USA and Canada, but problem is still there. Very strange.....

Before this gets too carried away without correction, please visit the Ultimate Terrain forum or website and get reassured that Ultimate Terrain is primarily only a vector graphics addon with a touch of landclass in urban areas for good measure and some 3 D objects. It is not a mesh addon. It does nothing to mesh.

Vector graphics are basically lines on the map - roads, railroads, bridges, sea shore lines, lake shore lines - those kinds of things. Ultimate Terrain puts them where they belong on the surface of the globe.

The Ultimate Terrain forum is here and the Ultimate Terrain website is here. Hope that helps dispel any confusion.