Missions Pack Installation

jpi67

I am running with Vista Ultimate 64 SP1 US Retail. When I want to install the missions pack I run into the following error (see attached image). The message comes after a successful registration, and I do have the F-16 Falcon v1.10 installed.

Because I am running with UAC activated, I tried the installation with an admin account, but with no success so far. Is there any way to troubleshoot that issue?

post-23994-1235801337_thumb.png

I am running with Vista Ultimate 64 SP1 US Retail. When I want to install the missions pack I run into the following error (see attached image). The message comes after a successful registration, and I do have the F-16 Falcon v1.10 installed.

Because I am running with UAC activated, I tried the installation with an admin account, but with no success so far. Is there any way to troubleshoot that issue?

Help anybody? Customer support?

TY

Hi,

This might be a long shot or a shot in the dark but then again I'm no customer support. Try registering your F-16 via the FAQ/Support section of the aerosoft site and get the 1.20 update for the F-16 from there. Then try a reinstall of the missions.

I don't own the mission pack so I have no knowledge if this works or not.

I find the customer support on the F-16 very lacking these days, posts stand unanswered for days.

Hi,

This might be a long shot or a shot in the dark but then again I'm no customer support. Try registering your F-16 via the FAQ/Support section of the aerosoft site and get the 1.20 update for the F-16 from there. Then try a reinstall of the missions.

I don't own the mission pack so I have no knowledge if this works or not.

I find the customer support on the F-16 very lacking these days, posts stand unanswered for days.

Thanks Dag, as we are in the customer support forum for Aerosoft F-16, I assume that I will have some support one day.

Too bad the install package has such an error, it probably takes no time to fix it. I wished it was only a zip file and not a fancy buggy installer pacakge again, which is an overkill anyway for a bunch of files to copy in a game folder.

I went a little bit further today, and I downloaded the Falcon 1.10 update. When I tried to install it, I had the same problem, albeit the installer asked me to have a version 1.01 or 1.00 to be installed (when I bought Falcon, I directly had the version 1.10, not the version 1 to patch). So the error seems to be in the installer module itself, and if you are unlucky to have bought the version 1.10 directly that you have of course updated to 1.20, then you do not seem to be able to install the mission pack. I wish I could have the version 1.00 to install the missing settings in the registry or anywhere else.

I went a little bit further today, and I downloaded the Falcon 1.10 update. When I tried to install it, I had the same problem, albeit the installer asked me to have a version 1.01 or 1.00 to be installed (when I bought Falcon, I directly had the version 1.10, not the version 1 to patch). So the error seems to be in the installer module itself, and if you are unlucky to have bought the version 1.10 directly that you have of course updated to 1.20, then you do not seem to be able to install the mission pack. I wish I could have the version 1.00 to install the missing settings in the registry or anywhere else.

I'm not F-16 Customer Support, and don't even have the missions yet, but...

Version 1.10, I believe, is the version that shipped with the boxed product. If there were problems getting from 1.10 to an installed mission pack, I think we'd probably see a lot more reports of that in here?? If there were problems getting from 1.20 to the mission pack, I think that would be voiced quite forcefully on here, too. Is it possible that it's something unique to your system, such as user account settings, admin privileges, etc. Try installing it with UAC off, even if only temporarily. (I find it to be a pain in the ass and keep it off all the time, with no problems.)

Let us know!

I'm not F-16 Customer Support, and don't even have the missions yet, but...

Version 1.10, I believe, is the version that shipped with the boxed product. If there were problems getting from 1.10 to an installed mission pack, I think we'd probably see a lot more reports of that in here?? If there were problems getting from 1.20 to the mission pack, I think that would be voiced quite forcefully on here, too. Is it possible that it's something unique to your system, such as user account settings, admin privileges, etc. Try installing it with UAC off, even if only temporarily. (I find it to be a pain in the ass and keep it off all the time, with no problems.)

Let us know!

First of all thanks for your suggestions.

I downloaded the version 1.10 of F16 from Flightsim shop, so I do not know if it would be the boxed version, what is apparent however is that it is the latest installer package available, the update 1.20 are just installed by file copy.

The problems that I have may be linked to my configuration, that is why I was providing it software wise in introduction of this thread. The Vista build is brand new for my new machine, everything is less than 1 month old, so the likeness to have some configuration issues is greatly reduced.

I tried to install as administrator, regular user, and following your suggestion with UAC off as regular user, then as administrator. However the installation still fails at the same place. My interpretation is that the installation is looking for some settings that would have been install by a previous installer but that are missing. I am assuming that if I would have had a version 1.00 or 1.01 (upgraded to 1.10 or 1.20), the mission pack installation would not fail, as the value would be installed with 1.00/.01. Unfortunatelly the installer for 1.10 does not set those settings properly, and as a consequence the missions pack installation fails.

Now that is really annoying, especially when one has to contemplate that so far the support from Aerosoft had been nothing but silence...

• Aerosoft
Help anybody? Customer support?

TY

First of all sorry for the delay, we dropped a serious ball here. I got three problems right now.

1) We should have answered you much earlier. I'll solve that by making sure you get something for free as a compensation next to our apology

2) I got no idea what is causing your problem, clearly you installation is not as we expect it to be. Could it be you installed a beta version or changed some basic files?

3) I can't solve it soon because I need the person who build the installer to tell me what is checked in the installer. I can not reach that person before Monday 09:00.

So apart from issue 2 that could be cause I'll have to ask you to be patient until Monday.

Hello jpi67,

Can you try this, download he latest version of the Falcon from your account at the shop.

Turn off UAC and then after the reboot, right click on the Falcon installer file nd select "Run as Administrator" and see if that helps.

If you still have problems please write to support@aerosoft.com attaching your picture with the error.

Thanks all for your comments and suggestions. I did several reinstallation under several scenarios (5 or 6 install of Falcon 1.10, and dozens of installation trials for the mission pack), but I will try again tomorrow in order to help troubleshooting.

Now if someone is able to send a pm with the settings that are checked by the mission pack from the registry, it may also help a lot, as I really strongly suspect that something is missing here. I have tried to create logs for the installer but with no luck so far, however I will give it another try.

Again thanks for hearing the message. Now let's cross our fingers and let's find a solution.

Mathisj,

1) As long as I have a message saying I heard you, I feel much better.

2) I did not have any beta installed at all, went to a clean FSX installed and installed the F16 1.10 without issue. The only modification I made, was dropping planes 2 to 6 for the Thunderbirds, and the manual modification of the aircraft.cfg for that particular plane to include the new livery

3) Thanks for checking the settings for the installer, this is where my hope lies as of now.

Shaun,

I did retry installation or repair with or without admin rights for F16 package, all of those installation are of course successful, but the system still refused to install the service pack. Because I did that 2 consecutive nights after work, I did not have lot of time to spend over it, so I will try few scenarios this week end and let you know.

Dropping the planes may have been the issue. I believe the WA scheme (aggressors) from nellis are in the missions

I should have said dropping the textures only, my bad, planes have not been changed at all, the config file was modified to reference the textures of course.

However having more time today I did some more trials an after some errors I did manage to install the mission pack. The main difference probably with the previous installations are not related to the installation of the service pack itself, but the installation of the F16 software. Whilst the installation allow the installation of the F16 package with a non administrator account and does not warn it needs to administrative rights, it seems that the administrative rights are required nevertheless. Following the same procedure for the mission pack is consequently successful with the installer package not stopping after the registration screen.

So my recommendation would be do not trust the installer of the F16 package, allowing installation as regular user, but make sure you install the application [F16 v1.10] with and administrator account.

For the specifics, it seems that what breaks is the procedure to detect the installation of FSX. My machine is configured to use one HDD for the operating system, and a separate one for the games, therefore my FSX installation is not on the default drive/folder for which the aformentioned regular account has the proper rights.

I also installed the mission pack directly on the top of the version 1.10 and not the version 1.20 as before (but it may not be relevant as I indeed try earlier in the week to install the mission pack on the top of 1.10 without success).

I hope I have left enough detailled here, and I heading off to try one of this missions.

Thanks all of you for your help and support.