Fsx Dg808s And Max's Yawstring

It works, but with some limitations (see the last pasrt of this post).

How to install the yawstring:

First FSSound.dll has to be installed in the main FSX folder and mr-yawstring.gau in the gauges folder.

Then in the panel.cfg in the [Window Titles] section this line has to be added:

Window05=yawstring

Finally the following section has to be added in the panel.cfg between the sections [Windows04] and [VCockpit01]:

[Window05]

size_mm=545,354

position=1

BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0

visible=1

ident=yawstring

gauge00 = mr-yawstring!red, 223,84,100

What do you get after doing this:

- In Cockpit view the yawstring will be visible by default and look like attached to the canopy.

- In Virtual Cockpit view the yawstring will only becomes visible after clicking Views->Instrument Panel->Yawstring. The yawstring will now be visible, docked on a fixed position in the top centre of the screen. By panning the instrumentpanel down a bit, it will look like the yawstring is attached to the canopy.

What are the limitations:

- In Cockpit view none, as far as I have experienced.

- In Virtual Cockpit View there are some, because in the DG808S the yawstring only works when the gauge is declared in a 2D-window section. These are the unrealistic things I noticed as a consequence of this:

- when panning in VP-view the yawstring will stay on its place in the top centre of the screen, and will not move along with the movement of the intrumentpanel/canopy.

- every time when you leave VP-view and come back to it again, the yawstring has to be reset by clicking Views->Instrument Panel->Yawstring.

Feel free to try it ( :excl: at your own risk). Any comments and/or suggestions to get it to work better are welcome.

Bert

When installed the yawsring is in the direct field of view, as described in my first post. Does it <quote>interfere<unquote> with forward visuals? I wouldn't want the yawstring on a place where I don't have a permanent look of it.

Bert

• 3 weeks later...

I edited my first post.

Initially one of the needed changes in the panel.cfg was missing.

The install-instructions are now complete and right (I checked it by building the yawstring into the SOAR-DG).

Bert