Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Test

mangold

Now, you know why I decided to join Fred in his efforts to Update the entire gauges; starting with the MFD's & HUD; and I've found several other issues besides those already mentioned too. :rolleyes:

Fortunately, I'm not getting paid to do it, like an Aerosoft developer, so it's a "labor of love." :blush:

• Upvote 2

Now, you know why I decided to join Fred in his efforts to Update the entire gauges; starting with the MFD's & HUD; and I've found several other issues besides those already mentioned too. :rolleyes:

Fortunately, I'm not getting paid to do it, like an Aerosoft developer, so it's a "labor of love." :blush:

What issues have you found with the HUD, James? I'd be curious to know.

(We know about distance to target vs. distance to waypoint in A2A mode. It is intentional. FSX is primarily focused on flying + navigation, and distance to target is already displayed elsewhere. So, as released, there's no redundancy and the user gets both. Yes, this decision was made after the 1st draft of the manual, unfortunately. Entirely my fault.)

Regardless... what else?

And have you gotten permission to "wrap up" and hide Aerosoft's open XML code into C++ gauges? If you have, that's great, honestly. You obviously care about making the product what you think it should be. The flight-sim community needs people like that, especially now that ACES is gone. It's just that -- and I have to be frank here -- you've shown a few small lapses of judgment with respect to intellectual property issues on here before (I'm thinking specifically of the splash screen debacle), so this is why I bring up this issue. I'd like to simply assume you've already cleared it with the Aerosoft powers that be, but who knows.

Fred's enhancements to the radar, by the way, are absolutely fantastic. I'm just really a little puzzled about these other "fixes" to the HUD you keep mentioning. Care to fill me in?

Mr. Scot "saprintz",

... It's just that -- and I have to be frank here -- you've shown a few small lapses of judgment with respect to intellectual property issues on here before (I'm thinking specifically of the splash screen debacle), so this is why I bring up this issue. I'd like to simply assume you've already cleared it with the Aerosoft powers that be, but who knows.
:excl: Perhaps, you should ask your boss (Mr. Kok) regarding an email that was sent to him with the name and email address of a contact person (L.M.) who can verify the photo's used in the splashscreens were authentically attained and NO picture copyrights were, in any way, broken in their usage ... Of course, you know nothing about that because either you didn't ask him or he never bothered to use the information that I provided to investigate it. Respectfully, Its clear to me that you need to stop making accusations and find out for sure, before you throw out your "opinions" about matters you know little about. <_<

...And have you gotten permission to "wrap up" and hide Aerosoft's open XML code into C++ gauges? If you have, that's great, honestly. ... I'm just really a little puzzled about these other "fixes" to the HUD you keep mentioning. Care to fill me in?

Also, NO one's "wrapping up" code in the SimConnect implementations for the gauges. I was made aware of some of the requirements by Mr. Finn; and, Mr. Kok, confirmed it via email, when he removed a post regarding the U.E.P.; due to some retail distributer, who mistakenly took it as us working with Aerosoft on an update to v1.20. They indicated to me (and I still have the email/PM) that they would prefer for us to work on things quietly (NO major announcements) and make them available to Aerosoft as well; which I respectfully agreed with. Furthermore, if you refer to the F-16 Manual, you'll see documented by Aerosoft, that users making changes to the package was encouraged. We (Fred and I) NEVER intended to do anything above your "heads" or away-from of your eyes.

Now, I'm all about sharing ... so, if you want to know/read the code for these gauges, we always intended to provide them to the Aerosoft staff for just that purpose. But, from the begining of this venture, there was always a concern that some might use/pirate Aerosoft's code. We decided to lessen the chance of others doing that by scrambling or re-writing it. Next, if you look into your PM's, I sent you an invitation to help/join us in our efforts to enhance/fix the code in this project. That offer still stands... Perhaps, when you talk to your boss, you can ask him for a Forum Thread dedicated to just this kind of information; something that you all - Developers, Fred & I, can discuss openly and privately; as long as it doesn't turn into another one of those intellectual "pis5ing" contests about "why its not a bug; what you intended..." vs. "What we want..." <_<

Fred's enhancements to the radar, by the way, are absolutely fantastic.
Yes, they are B) ... And, I'm sure he'll be glad to read that you think so; when he has a chance to get away from doing his taxes. :P

Good Day! :)

• Upvote 2

James:

No offense was intended, though I can see how it could be taken. I was making no judgment as to that splash screen issue, as to whether it was right or wrong, but rather simply pointing out that it was a close call, involving IP issues, and seemed similar to this.

You don't need to worry about "######ing matches" James. However, you do keep making what might be considered somewhat inappropriate claims about all these bugs you're finding (and now heroically fixing) in the HUD. Yet you still have not pointed any of them out. Why? I think that, if you're going to openly criticize someone else's work, and make some of the statements you've made about the quality and helpfulness of the development team (this is in other threads), fairness dictates that you specify those "bugs." I'm just a little surprised that there would be very many, given some of the high-level clients who are using a slightly modified version of the HUD for "other purposes." I would have expected them to point these things out. But if there really are problems in there, Aerosoft certainly wants to know about them.

Thanks,

Scott

Mr. Scott,

... But if there really are problems in there, Aerosoft certainly wants to know about them.

Ok! Fred is out of town for the next week and my schedule is about the same (even with the Easter holidays the next weekend); let me think how best to do this and I'll get back to you.

Later!

• Upvote 2

Guten Tag seaprintz,

you just have been commenting a comment concerning the F-16 DED clock.

This digital clock adds up the min counter after the 29th sec instead after the 59th sec.

(hour counter accordingly)

Is this Aerosoft intended. Or what is it.

(No offense intended;-)

Guten Tag seaprintz,

you just have been commenting a comment concerning the F-16 DED clock.

This digital clock adds up the min counter after the 29th sec instead after the 59th sec.

(hour counter accordingly)

Is this Aerosoft intended. Or what is it.

(No offense intended;-)

The DED is not my work, so I can't comment on that. And to be honest, if that's the worst bug that can be found, given the overall complexity of the plane... well, I guess you get my point.

My one small gripe with James, which you are now "commenting on a comment on," is his knocking down of others' work, with reports and public comments on "bugs" that really aren't bugs, as he's been told over and over, but are instead features he'd prefer be different, or design decisions... things that he can easily modify (like making a green HSI arrow Crayola blue) so that he can look heroic, as if he's saved the Aerosoft F-16 from an early demise or something. That's the "vibe" I get from some of his posts. I could be wrong, of course. I'm thrilled that people find the project worthy enough to add on to, but I just find the style of comments a bit distasteful at times. That's all. So... can James be a little brash, arrogant, and "prickly" sometimes... yes, but so can I, or any of us I suppose. And I know that overall he's a pretty good guy, and there aren't many around these parts who I couldn't sit down and enjoy a cold beer with. ;-)

There are times where I think all of us may take this hobby a bit too seriously. Maybe this is one of them?

Hmmm....i'm also very courious about those bugs that mister James and his friend Fred are talking about.... <_<

TAFKAM, I have never seen a post from Fred (Horten229) mentioning a bug ever. Horten229 has added a great Radar System which enhances the F-16 project with his AN/APG 68 radar system. There is a big difference here between James and Fred. Fred has only worked with the LMFD.xml gauge to enhance it. He also offered a change in the HUD refresh rate value but never call his change a bug fix. This post is just to clarify things as I hope Horten229 will share his final radar file with us someday. I have the beta early version and just love it in this wonderful F-16. The Fighting Falcon is my favorite addon from Aerosoft ever. Thanks to Aerosoft and the F-16 team for the gift. In my eyes this is the best aircraft ever produced for FSX.

Regards, Tom

Gentlemen,

The Aerosoft F-16 X is a COMMERCIAL Product. Aerosoft is in the business of sales and production of products and is, therefore, subject to the rules governing business; Customer Support for fixes and solutions to USER complaints/issues.

I am NOT knocking on peoples work or making personal attacks by stating that I see "bugs" (although, many of you have called me "FAKE", "Poser", "Royal Rudness" just to name a few); It is perfectly legal and legitimate for me to bring those complaints to this forum or any others to which I have purchased products from. I am merely bringing up "issues" that I feel (and some others too) need to be fixed in a COMMERCIAL Product; this is NOT freeware after all. Considering, that I've currently purchases 40-60% of Aerosoft's products and will be purchasing many of the remaining ones in my next bulk order; giving me 80-90% of Aerosoft's products; I have yet to find ONE product that doesn't have issues that weren't design/limitations. Now, non of you have to agree with me; but, I want solutions to these problems as many of you do as well and so, I've spent my free time learning and fixing those issues for all our benefits. This in no way is an "ego" / heroic jesture on my part; I'm NOT wasting my time for your pointless praises. Just want the item I've purchased to work and function at least as advertised - "Aerosoft F-16 is all about flying ..."

As long as you'll want to be civil about this and work together to make this product better; I'll work with you ...

Good Day!

• Upvote 2

Fair enough James. My point is this:

Up above in this thread, you said:

"Now, you know why I decided to join Fred in his efforts to Update the entire gauges; starting with the MFD's & HUD; and I've found several other issues besides those already mentioned too. <smiley rolling its eyes inserted here> "

You are, in that statement, definitely implying that there are a lot more bugs than there really are. The cute little eye-rolling smiley at the end of it does not make your attitude look any better. I have asked you, specifically, what are these "several other" bugs in the HUD that you're referring to? You made the above statement, and said you found them, so why do you go on to say in a later post that you need to wait for Fred's return to identify them?

I know for a fact that Aerosoft is appreciative of your business. Everyone's. But that does not entitle you to make patently false statements. Let's be fair here. Things like the presence of a green military-style HSI, when you'd prefer colors, is not a bug or even an ISSUE. It just isn't. And that's precisely the kind of thing you imply, elsewhere, no doubt with little sarcastic smiley faces attached. Do you see where I'm coming from?

To be fair on this end, I must say that I'm actually anxious to see what you guys have come up with. I think it'll be neat and at the very least, welcome variety. And as I already said, the radar enhancements are impressive. I'm personally very glad that there are people willing to put their time into such things "just because." That's actually how I got started, FWIW.

Have a good one,

Scott

Just be patient Mr. Scott; and please stop assuming what I think and found; all will be revealed in time. Also, the color EHSI was NOT an issue; Nor was the DUAL display of it.

Later! :)

• Upvote 2

Not this again....

No indeed!

First i'd like to take back about Fred..or Horten299, it was just a question....so sorry Tom

By the way, i looked over some screenshots about the LMFD...not bad at all....though let me inform you that there is...and i repeat no such thing as an HSI in one of those MFD's, not even a coloured one..

Scott just made this as an extra option to swich to...wich he did good..

Excually if you want to read an HSI...then you have to look between the INSTR MODE and the Fuel Quantity..

And if you are talking about an EHSI thats in use for some time by now, it replaces the old HSI....

See Picture:

DIG_HSI.jpg

However it doesnt mean it have to be replaced or what soever...everybody is able to make it as he wants, but i still think that Scott made some awesome gauges here, but its always easy for people to give critics, even if they cant do it theirselfes......still its a SIM for FSX, not a sim for reallive....and about some bugs....cant see wich, maybe there are but still a good job!

Thats my opinion....

Best Regards...

And lets be reasonable...

Just be patient Mr. Scott; and please stop assuming what I think and found; all will be revealed in time. Also, the color EHSI was NOT an issue; Nor was the DUAL display of it.

Later! :)

Yes, just sit back and relax, Scott!

How can you just expect a person to back up their accusations without giving him a week or more to get his story straight? Besides, he's worked VERY closely with your boss, so you're probably way out of line for calling him out on this.

Careful, he'll probably call the "JTTF" on you for making false complaints. Maybe he'll even have his lawyer call you...

[/sarcasm]

I'm still waiting for that phone call, by the way. :lol:

Just keep "being you" James. :rolleyes:

Nick

Welcome Back Nick!

How's your job at PSA up in Dayton going?

Nice try Super Sleuth, but once again, you're not as smart as you think you are. It's been 3 years since I left PSA. Similarly, I no longer work at USA 3000 airlines, ACA (Independence Air), Centurion Air Cargo, or Pinnacle, so you can scratch those off your list too.

But hey, those are some really great Google search skillz you've got there. :rolleyes:

Too bad your lawyer's too dumb, too inept, or too uninterested to find out where I REALLY am.

For somebody who flies a G550 all over the world for Procter & Gamble, you sure do have a lot of free time on your hands to screw around making fake modifications to the F-16 (and participating on interent forums).

I see there's no new additions to you signature banner. I'm genuinely surprised...I thought for SURE you'd have some cool hero shots of you flying your G550 by now. All well, I guess they just don't let crew schedulers or flight attendants sit in the cockpit except when the jet's in the hangar... :lol:

Byeeee!