Bitching Betty

Exangelus

Hi All,

I was wondering why there is no 'bitching betty' is there any chance there will be a gpws in the future?

For the rest, nice job aerosoft!!!

Greetings,

Exangelus

it is too bad that there isnat a bithin betty

Indeed the aerosoft f16 has ground proximity warning system (GPWS) in form of a large "Pull UP" symbol.

Nessesary flight conditions:

1) powersetting other then flight idle

2) gear up

3) ground proximity

Ground proximity seems to be defined by angle.

When flying Nadir symbol in HUD "Pull Up" is triggered ca 12000 feet ALT

When flying 500 feet gear up RWY overshoot "Pull UP" triggeres with slight nose down input.

post-22974-1242971975_thumb.jpg

Indeed the aerosoft f16 has ground proximity warning system (GPWS) in form of a large "Pull UP" symbol.

Nessesary flight conditions:

1) powersetting other then flight idle

2) gear up

3) ground proximity

Ground proximity seems to be defined by angle.

When flying Nadir symbol in HUD "Pull Up" is triggered ca 12000 feet ALT

When flying 500 feet gear up RWY overshoot "Pull UP" triggeres with slight nose down input.

It has to do with pitch angle, yep. And yes, the flashing X should be completely inactive when the gear is down. But primarily all that's happening is that "time 'til plane impacts ground" is being computed, based on height, flight path angle, and speed. I think I set it up so that the flashing X shows up when time 'til impact is 6 seconds, IIRC. Might be 5. Might be 8... I forget. ;-)

It indeed has one form of gpws but it doesn't has the nearly famous bitching betty with calls like: 'Altitude, Altitude' 'Pull up, Pull up' and 'Warning, Warning'.

It indeed has one form of gpws but it doesn't has the nearly famous bitching betty with calls like: 'Altitude, Altitude' 'Pull up, Pull up' and 'Warning, Warning'.

It is completely incorrect for the F-16, but if you really want to listen to all the annoying verbal chatter from the standard FSX GPWS, you can make a simple modification to each of the f-16 Aircraft.cfg files:

1. Backup the Aircraft.cfg file you intend to modify.

2. Open Aircraft.cfg in a text editor like notepad.

3. Look for the following entry:

[GPWS]

max_warning_height = -1

By setting max_warning_height to "-1", Aerosoft have disabled the built-in FSX GPWS

4. Edit the [GPWS] section to look like this (taken from the standard B737):

[GPWS]

max_warning_height = 1000

sink_rate_fpm = -1500

excessive_sink_rate_fpm = -2000

climbout_sink_rate_fpm = -100

flap_and_gear_sink_rate_fpm= -100

5. Close and save your work.

Now, the modified F-16 will have all standard, annoying, and totally inappropriate FSX GPWS verbal warnings.

Enjoy,

Mike

------------------------------------------

Commercial Pilot ASMEL, CFII

I don't want the annoying verbal chatter from standard FSX but the real F-16 sounds that do really excists which I think should be programmable.

Thanks for the help anyway :)

If you have the LAGO F-16 for FS9 you might be able to use the sound files it came with. I don't know how it would be done, but at least it would be a source for the sound files. That would probably violate at least one EULA though so do at your own risk :P lol.