FSX night vision effect

mk83

A nice night vision effect for FSX was recently released. Great addition for all who fly military aircraft in FS. It can simply activated or deactivated with a single keystroke. The effect is based on the Russian bloom effect discussed here a few months ago.

Video, download link and more screenshots can be found here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=17099

post-12108-1244048376_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hey, this would be great to use with Aerosoft's F-16 U.E.P. updates ... It would provide with some nice NAP-of-the-Earth LANTIRN ingress missions.

Thanks for the "Show and Tell" and keep up the good work; I'll be looking for it when your ready for release.

Later! ;)

A nice night vision effect for FSX was recently released. Great addition for all who fly military aircraft in FS. It can simply activated or deactivated with a single keystroke. The effect is based on the Russian bloom effect discussed here a few months ago.

Looks Great Mk 83

It would be nice to try this on the falcon as all who have the F-16 cant see the runway in the dark

Nice addition :) :) looking forward to this.

Randy

• Aerosoft

As somebody who worked on this for a long time a few years ago I can say that these people done something I did not think was possible. I am impressed.

As somebody who worked on this for a long time a few years ago I can say that these people done something I did not think was possible. I am impressed.

It's amazing what the right mindset can produce. From my experience developing a CRM package starting with only my rusty C64 programming experience I found that there are few programming limitations that can't be overcome through persistence.

I tried to utilize my firm's internal computer personnel when I couldn't get something to work. Often I was told something I wanted my program to do couldn't be done but after about a half an hour or so reading manuals, scrounging around the internet or trial and error coding I got the functionality I wanted.

• 1 month later...

QUOTE (Mathijs Kok (Aerosoft) @ Jun 8 2009, 12:15 ) As somebody who worked on this for a long time a few years ago I can say that these people done something I did not think was possible. I am impressed.

It's amazing what the right mindset can produce. From my experience developing a CRM package starting with only my rusty C64 programming experience I found that there are few programming limitations that can't be overcome through persistence.

I tried to utilize my firm's internal computer personnel when I couldn't get something to work. Often I was told something I wanted my program to do couldn't be done but after about a half an hour or so reading manuals, scrounging around the internet or trial and error coding I got the functionality I wanted.

As the person who worked on and developed this little utility, I have to say i'm impressed that you did not direct link to the file on the ftp server. Thank you for that.

Boris created the ENB series for GTA and many other games, so he gets the credit for the HLSL code work (which if you know anything about please contact me, that is High Level Shader Language for DX9-10) My work around to make it "night vision" worthy is a lengthy topic.

Anyway if you feel you have something to add to this on going project send me a line, I am still working on it, lots to improve, that is where HLSL comes in. I have a line detection algorithum in the works, but still needs some tweaking.

we have been using this in the FSX Fleet for a while now. Pretty cool stuff. I did a night mission the other night in Iraq. If I didnt have the night vision, wouldnt have been able to do the mission. It was just too dark. Night vision saved the night ;)