AES 2.01 now available!

• Developer

AES 2.01 is now available on the productpage in the Aerosoft Shop:

AES 2.01 für FSX und FS2004

I want to say thanks to all, who helped in the last week while the PRE-Release to fix some of the problems.

One of the most important issue we could fix now for both version (FS2004 and FSX) is the memory allocation problem, when the memory was located above 2GB. I hope that will reduce the problems when flying from a non-AES to an AES airport.

It's clear, that will not fix all CTDs on your FS, but it should eleminate those generated within the AES codes.

I hope, that this weekend is silent and I wish you all nice flights with or without AES.

Oliver,

Tonight I will install the final version. Anyway you did a great job, giving us this beautiful add-on. I'm sure, after all these answers and replies, you earn a wellness weekend. Thanks!!!!!

Oliver,

Tonight I will install the final version. Anyway you did a great job, giving us this beautiful add-on. I'm sure, after all these answers and replies, you earn a wellness weekend. Thanks!!!!!

Thank you Oliver. Well done!

Thank you Oliver. Well done!

I hope that will be a nice weekend for you also after such a great job.

Thanks for your patience

Marc

AES 2.01 is now available on the productpage in the Aerosoft Shop:

AES 2.01 für FSX und FS2004

I want to say thanks to all, who helped in the last week while the PRE-Release to fix some of the problems.

One of the most important issue we could fix now for both version (FS2004 and FSX) is the memory allocation problem, when the memory was located above 2GB. I hope that will reduce the problems when flying from a non-AES to an AES airport.

It's clear, that will not fix all CTDs on your FS, but it should eleminate those generated within the AES codes.

I hope, that this weekend is silent and I wish you all nice flights with or without AES.

Thanks but CTD at LSGG "g3d.dll"

ViMaIScnXLog.txt

• Developer
Thanks but CTD at LSGG "g3d.dll"

Yes, but without any infos, this is the answer:

The log says nothing, only that you move somewhere.

• Developer
CTD at EDDH see log file same error...

Haven't seen so many CTD as with AES for FSX... Without the system is stable and no CTD... as in the past rock solid :)

And please you SupportID: AEShelp -> Support-> Gernerate Support ID, then past it here with Crtl+V

And please you SupportID: AEShelp -> Support-> Gernerate Support ID, then past it here with Crtl+V

Oliver this is the info from your program what it logs before the CTD after that it's over ;-)

Deleted the intelliscene.cfg and tested some more can define an aircraft with AESHELP and then AES works fine...

But as soon you loadup FSX for the second time on loading AES enabled aircraft it just crashes...

By the way don't shoot the messenger here Oliver... I'm just sharing my experience :o

8C4201365BE101768A420136794F0136659E01369B420136CD42D043C182

Ps... the CTD is related to your program without FSX doesn't crash :excl: with the same aircraft... :blink:

ViMaIScnXLog.txt

• Developer
Ps... the CTD is related to your program without FSX doesn't crash :excl: with the same aircraft... :blink:

The CTD is related to your PC runing my program, that's different, because many user can use it without.

Please make a backup of your FSX.cfg, then delete it.

Start the FS, go with the C172 to the active runway of this airport (not to a position), then look what happens.

In you logs I allways see, that you place the aircraft at a position, but then you do 1000 things, moving it, open AESConfig. But I never see, that you set the Parkingbrakes and stop your engines.

Go forward step by step, otherwise we will never end.

The CTD is related to your PC runing my program, that's different, because many user can use it without.

Please make a backup of your FSX.cfg, then delete it.

Start the FS, go with the C172 to the active runway of this airport (not to a position), then look what happens.

In you logs I allways see, that you place the aircraft at a position, but then you do 1000 things, moving it, open AESConfig. But I never see, that you set the Parkingbrakes and stop your engines.

Go forward step by step, otherwise we will never end.

Oliver as mentioned I don't have a CTD without AES on the same airport and the same aircraft...

I'm just loading the FT E190 with running engines but before I can set the parking brake and shutdown the engines AES crashes at EDDH gate 15...

I load first the default Baron at gate 15 EDDH and then all is fine then I load different AES enabled aircraft with the same result CTD.

The aircraft isn't moving maybe there lies the problem with your program...

Actually I have bit more understanding of the inners of FSX and your program is crashing my PC and it's the only one for that matter...

Going to log some more and do the debug myself...

Maybe you didn't read carefully but without AES I have no CTD with LDS 767 / PMDG MD11 / FT Ejets etc...

• Developer
I load first the default Baron at gate 15 EDDH and then all is fine

Thats a good start, isn't it. I can start my FS with any Aircraft, no issue yet.

I try to help, but I can't see you PC, I only see that the users without problems give me the feeling, there is something different here.

What can I say, maybe a combination of issues generate the problem, but I can't try that on your PC.

All issues I can reproduce, are solved now (only the ACC window issue is open, because that's a MS one, I can't change now).

Thats a good start, isn't it. I can start my FS with any Aircraft, no issue yet.

I try to help, but I can't see you PC, I only see that the users without problems give me the feeling, there is something different here.

What can I say, maybe a combination of issues generate the problem, but I can't try that on your PC.

All issues I can reproduce, are solved now (only the ACC window issue is open, because that's a MS one, I can't change now).

No problem Oliver appreciated.

I don't want to sound harsh but when in general things are working normally and you add a new program

then it's always related to that one besides hardware problems...

I'm aware of the difficulties you are facing with all the configs out there...

Solved this one Oliver deleted the line ViMaCoreX.dll in the FSX.cfg file and registered again the dll and all is fine now ;-)

Curious if you have a check on file date in you're installation routine? (error handling is so important here)

Also you could do a incremental file version for every update regarding the dll to force FSX to register again the dll...

Cheers,

I was still getting CTDs with v2.01. Deleting my FSX.cfg solved the problem. All previous settings and tweaks have been restored and still no CTDs. Hopefully it was as simple as that...

Dustin

• Developer
Solved this one Oliver deleted the line ViMaCoreX.dll in the FSX.cfg file and registered again the dll and all is fine now ;-)

When I did understand you correct:

You remove all line with the ViMacorex.dll in the [Trust] Section of your FSX.CFG, restarts the FSX, then you get the trust windows again and you say YES in both cases, and now all works fine?

Curious if you have a check on file date in you're installation routine? (error handling is so important here)

Also you do could do a incremental file version for every update regarding the dll to force FSX to register again the dll...

That's exact what we are doing. When the Modules changed, they get new Versions. AESHelp checks with every start, if the Modules installed in the FS have the same Version as required by AES, of not, they will be replaced.

The problem is, that the FS will only add the Trusts in the CFG, he don't replace them. But when the remove of old trust solves problems, it's easy for me to "cleanup" this entries.

I get some response, that there seams to be a problem with older ViMa Modules Aerosoft release with Paris MAP, so that the AESConfig Communications not working. Maybe I make a "Cleanup" Tool, and if your Trustsremove is really solving problems, I can add such a clean there.

It sounds a littlebit like the post behind you:

I was still getting CTDs with v2.01. Deleting my FSX.cfg solved the problem. All previous settings and tweaks have been restored and still no CTDs. Hopefully it was as simple as that...

Dustin

More or less he did the same to solve his CTD's

When I did understand you correct:

You remove all line with the ViMacorex.dll in the [Trust] Section of your FSX.CFG, restarts the FSX, then you get the trust windows again and you say YES in both cases, and now all works fine?

That's exact what we are doing. When the Modules changed, they get new Versions. AESHelp checks with every start, if the Modules installed in the FS have the same Version as required by AES, of not, they will be replaced.

The problem is, that the FS will only add the Trusts in the CFG, he don't replace them. But when the remove of old trust solves problems, it's easy for me to "cleanup" this entries.

I get some response, that there seams to be a problem with older ViMa Modules Aerosoft release with Paris MAP, so that the AESConfig Communications not working. Maybe I make a "Cleanup" Tool, and if your Trustsremove is really solving problems, I can add such a clean there.

It sounds a littlebit like the post behind you:

More or less he did the same to solve his CTD's

Yep that's exactly what I've done and it looks like Dustin has done more or less the same.

A new trust solved my problem the error message from FSX during the crash says nothing because

it just reports the dll loaded into memory during the crash... so not useful at all...

Hi Oliver,

I've just installed it and activated Geneva and tested AES in FSX ! It works flawlessly and your manual is well written and clear. I managed to solve the only issue I had by RTFM :P

I'm preparing a flight now, and will post some shots, Thanks for the great work ;)

I have installed AES2.01 and have made a flight LPPT-EGLL. No problems with AES so far. Now I am flying from EGLL to EDDH. Let's see what happens.

The only thing I have to report is that on my screen the version still shows as 2.00.

Regards,

Domingos

Just wanted to say that - even if I haven't received any reply from the support team yet - the problem I faced on my server with the beta 2.0 was solved by the "regular" installer of AES version 2.01, so that I could enjoy the new stuff ...

A friend of mine volunteered for some recording, so that I didn't have to hear my voice welcoming myself at the B6 gate in LIME !

THANKS OLIVER, one more time !!!

Let me dare to look forward to a future, when a version 2.xx of AES allows installing multiple voice sets per every language ...

And, by the way, how come that we don't have any german accented marshaller so far ?

How about Herr Oliver Pabst's voice, in person ... wouldn't it be nice to have you with us simmers ?

;)

Think of it ...