Shimmering Problem

Alp

Hi

I'm using FS9 and I have shimmering problem at GA2X airports. I have also installed GA3, Lisbon, Madrid, London Heathrow, Hamburg, Paris CGD, Brussels, Budapest, Mallorca, Stockholm and some airports from Fly Tampa and FSDT but shimmering at these airports is very very minor, fences and some 3D objects shimmers but it's not so important. For GA2X airports shimmering is everywhere around the airport, it is very annoying. I've tried everything: updated my drivers, tried nHancher, changed the airport's sequence in scenery.cfg file, reinstalled whole flightsim but nothing's changed. I don't understand why only GA2X??. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Shaun

I'm using GeForce 8600GT 256MB video card and latest drivers. In my previous post I've said Hamburg and Lisbon are OK but I was wrong. They have shimmering problem along with EDDK, EDDV and EDLW. Shimmering is much terrible at the edges of the scenery (where add-on scenery ground texture meets the FS ground texture) and also at taxiway edges and markings on it, grass areas around the runways, car parking areas if there is one. Outside the add-on scenery area everything's smooth and sharp, no shimmering at all. Ground Environment Pro and Austria Professional 2004 installed also.

Hi Shaun

I've downloaded Imagetool but my knowledge about this program is limited, I've tried to do something but I feel that I'm not doing it right. I really want to know how to convert and add mip-maps to textures correctly.

Thanks

Hi Shaun

I'm very happy to say that your advise worked and the annoying shimmering has disappeared. However there is another issue. As you can see on the attached image there are black lines on the ground textures of the airport which appeared after converting files, I think they are the borders of the texture files. Did I do something wrong or is there another way to make them disappear. I know I'm asking too much but I'm not really familiar with these things and indeed need help. Thanks a lot for the advise and great support

post-20147-1246031365_thumb.jpg