Aerosoft A-321/320 project

Hi Mathijs,

congrats for this ultra-realistic sound effects. Your "recording-team" did a good job.

I spent several hours in a320 or a321 Full Flight Sims and your sound environment made me feel

like "at home" (o.k.: the sound of the opening window is missing in a Full Flight Sim :D )

Apropos opening window: Do you think it´s possible to link the open window position

with hearable external sounds or maybe a sound file with typical airport sounds (APU´s, cars, etc.)

...just an idea...

Regards,

Timo

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

congrats for this ultra-realistic sound effects. Your "recording-team" did a good job.

I spent several hours in a320 or a321 Full Flight Sims and your sound environment made me feel

like "at home" (o.k.: the sound of the opening window is missing in a Full Flight Sim :D )

Apropos opening window: Do you think it´s possible to link the open window position

with hearable external sounds or maybe a sound file with typical airport sounds (APU´s, cars, etc.)

...just an idea...

Regards,

Timo

For sure possible. We done it in the Beaver, Twin Otter etc. Not as easy though in the Airbus as they don 't land on water, snow, grass etc. all things the other aircraft detected and used appropriate sounds for.

• Aerosoft

Hi!

As a member of the ET I can't comment...

However I wasn't comparing it to the AirSimmer at all. FS9 and FSX are so different but I was rather comparing it to the FSX versions of PMDG JS41, MD11 and CS 757 and 767... I'm sure though that the poor video quality do change my impression of the overhead panel and everything else seemed really good. Loved the pedestal btw. I'll make up my mind whether to buy it once it is released and when I have seen some screen shots from users. The screenshots usually look better and customers don't edit them or use to much time capturing them. I really doubt that the overhead wouldn't be up to my standards. It's more the systems that I care about but if the price is right I'd say you got a customer.

P.S.

I wasn't THAT disappointed with the overhead. :)

Ahh don't take me so serious. You did made us decide to look at the overhead tomorrow again though!

None if our images are edited in any way of course. Can send you the raw bmp's. Price will be 29.95 Euro (that includes EEC VAT when it applies). We are not big believers in high prices in the current market.

two images I just made of Alpha 10 version. Just for fun. Not as good as the vid.

Hi Mathijs,

Wonderful pics.. however, can you just confirm that the dirt layer is still missing ?

Thank you

You were not sure on this some time ago but maybe you can answer on this now:

To what extend did you decide to implement flexible wings? I mean just basic, like based on speed, or more realistic?

To what extend did you decide to implement flexible wings? I mean just basic, like based on speed, or more realistic?

Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure they said that they'd put significant wingflex on it. They also said that they'd 'look into' implementing the wingflex one sees during taxi and takeoff. I''m sure it'll be good.

One question to everyone: Does anyone know if the A320 will be released at the same time as the A321? Or at different times?

Thanks

-matt

Ahh don't take me so serious. You did made us decide to look at the overhead tomorrow again though!

None if our images are edited in any way of course. Can send you the raw bmp's. Price will be 29.95 Euro (that includes EEC VAT when it applies). We are not big believers in high prices in the current market.

With that price I think you have a customer! :)

P.S.

I was aware that you don't edit your screenshots but you still use addon software in those.

Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure they said that they'd put significant wingflex on it. They also said that they'd 'look into' implementing the wingflex one sees during taxi and takeoff. I''m sure it'll be good.

Thanks

-matt

Well the Airbus A320 has a rather "small" wingflex. Nothing like the MD11 for example.

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

What about the flight dynamics and flight characteristics of this airbus?

Christos

Well let's put it this way. I hate to say something in FSX is really realistic and have smile a lot when I read that some product is 99% accurate. Yet we are going to great lengths for this one. Not only do we have a good number of Airbus pilots helping us out, we also have a set of experienced simmers that help us to tweak the flightmodel to what they think it should be. See, it does not matter how realistic something is, if customers think it should be different we still got it wrong.

The base we got at this moment is very close to what it should be. The engine models are now done and here we can say that we are very close to the real numbers and are using very smooth curves (so a lot of datapoints). The weights and balance is now being done. What already works very well is the feel of a fly-by-wire model. I was just now flying over the Alps and was called out for something else. So I gave the aircraft a 10 degree bank and left it there. No AP or something. Half an hour later I came back and the bus was at the same altitude, same speed and in the same bank. 100% stable making slow circles.

The protection rules are the most problematic we expect. We have them all inserted but it is hard to tweak them to start working without being to strong. If you for example manually give the aircraft to much bank the system will start fighting the stick. In the real aircraft the stick is just ignored then but that's not possible in FSX. We'll sort that out.

• Aerosoft

One question to everyone: Does anyone know if the A320 will be released at the same time as the A321? Or at different times?

Thanks

-matt

Same time, same product.

• Aerosoft

Not a lot of new stuff, just two images that show how you will interact with the non FSX functions. One of our favorite functions is the fact you save and load a 'state' file that contains the setting of each and every system. We have pre defined states that will save you a lot of time when you just want to fly. The doors and showing of chocks and caution pylons will also be controlled from the MCDU.

post-43-12633146024_thumb.jpg

post-43-126337865928_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

There is a calculation done that looks at vertical G, trust (at full trust the wings are more stable), fuel load in the wing and wing load. Pretty realistic. But it remains an appropriation. FSX does not have the options Rise of Flight for example has in these aspects.

• Upvote 4

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

Wonderful pics.. however, can you just confirm that the dirt layer is still missing ?

Thank you

I can. These images however do have the final dirt layers. Repainters can of course increase or decrease this.

post-43-126331868905_thumb.jpg

post-43-126331869262_thumb.jpg

post-43-126331869575_thumb.jpg

post-43-126331869865_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

the video. no words. really. just amazing. hope mathjis you can show us more!!! we all really cant wait!! :rolleyes::D

• Aerosoft

REPAINTERS WANTED

This Friday we'll have the paint kit ready. Now we always get loads of requests for the paint kit before the release of a product and to be honest we love to get it out before ans it helps us get some nice repaints to include (and yes we'll reimburse the repainter of course). So if you like to start repainting the Airbus talk to me on support@aerosoft.com. You will need to have some experience as this is not a simple bitmap editing job, there are many (several dozens in fact) layers on the photoshop file. We'll have the Alitalia and Air Berlin as samples for you.

As you will get the beta it also means you'll be send an NDA to sign.

I can. These images however do have the final dirt layers. Repainters can of course increase or decrease this.

Mathijs : Now it is just AMAAAAZING !!! I love it and WANT IT !! .... and if you make it in the AIR IVOIRE livery, I would be the happiest West African resident !!!

Greg

Mathijs,

I forgot to say that on the wing, the yellow handles look a bit wierd compare to the wing texture... it looks like it has been overlaid on it... Can you guys make it a bit more "part of the wing" ?

Sorry but this is so close to PERFECTION !!! :-)

Hey,

this is off topic but it's something I've been wondering for a long time.. what are these "floats" for under the wing? And what's their name? I tried to find information on the internet but it's difficult as I don't know what they are called :P

REPAINTERS WANTED

This Friday we'll have the paint kit ready. Now we always get loads of requests for the paint kit before the release of a product and to be honest we love to get it out before ans it helps us get some nice repaints to include (and yes we'll reimburse the repainter of course). So if you like to start repainting the Airbus talk to me on support@aerosoft.com. You will need to have some experience as this is not a simple bitmap editing job, there are many (several dozens in fact) layers on the photoshop file. We'll have the Alitalia and Air Berlin as samples for you.

As you will get the beta it also means you'll be send an NDA to sign.

Hello Mathijs,

First of all, i must thank you for all your great products. You always release wonderful planes, scenery...

A real pleasure to discover your new products, and especially this upcoming Airbus...

As a matter of fact, and regarding your "repainter needed", let me propose my services.

Beeing a graphic designer & also a FS enthusiast, for the past years i've already made lot of repaints for MSFS, Nemeth Designs, Wilco, Alphasim...

Total amount of downloads for those textures, are over 40 000! (through Avsim, and other dedicated websites).

Today, i'd pleased to help you out releasing some textures for this Airbus of yours.

I must say, that i do know very well Air France, and that i'd be pleased to offer you - as a starter - this aircraft in his old and new livery.

If you want some samples of my work, feel free to write me back, i'll post you some screenshots.

Kind regards

Sebastien PERO / a.k.a TEMPLAR92, a.k.a SILAAS...

• Upvote 2

Hey,

this is off topic but it's something I've been wondering for a long time.. what are these "floats" for under the wing? And what's their name? I tried to find information on the internet but it's difficult as I don't know what they are called :P

The german word is "Klappenführungsverkleidung" ; i don´t know the correct english term.

But it means something like: casing of the flaps guide rail.

Timo