Madeira X install location

abz

I just purchased Madeira X. I started the install and it will not allow me to install in a folder of my choice (outside FSX). I generally do not like to install my FSX addons directly in the FSX root folder. I like to keep that "clean" as posible. I prefer installing scenery outside FSX and then just add them to my scenery library. Can I not install to a location of my choice? If not, why not? Thanks you, Al

Hello Abz,

The installer is looking for the FSX.exe file if its path is changed, it may also need to change certain file names in the main FSX folders so may not be a good idea to do it this way as the scenery may not show up as intended.

Once installed you could move the MaderiaX folder to another location but will need to change its path in the scenery library, if updates are require via an installer you would however need to place them back in there original location.

You can however also fool the installer by copying and pasting the FSX.exe to the folder you want to install to.

Hello Abz,

The installer is looking for the FSX.exe file if its path is changed, it may also need to change certain file names in the main FSX folders so may not be a good idea to do it this way as the scenery may not show up as intended.

Once installed you could move the MaderiaX folder to another location but will need to change its path in the scenery library, if updates are require via an installer you would however need to place them back in there original location.

You can however also fool the installer by copying and pasting the FSX.exe to the folder you want to install to.

Thanks Shaun: The second option (fooling the installer), althouigh attractive from my point of view, from what you say may NOT work because of what you said above "it may also need to change certain file names in the main FSX folders...scenery may not show up as intended" So perhaps I should do the standard install into FSX and move MadeiraX out and then back in later if necessary for any updates.

Thanks, Al