Luxembourg Airports

chrieger

I just finished the last corrections. So hopefully in the next days the FSX version will be released.

I started the first steps converting the FSX version to FS2004. It will take me more time than estimated!

But I want to discuss some things with you. Nobody should be disapointed in the end!

• I would only convert ELLX, no Landmarks and no further VFR-Airfields will be in the FS2004 version
  • ELLX will definitly not have detailed mesh on the Terminal, Tower or Runway bridge area.
  • The Quality of Texture will be not the same. I have to reduce some textures from 1024 to 512.

• Not having a high price for only one airport I have to sell the FS2004 on lower price.
  • For this reason I will not make a upgrade
  • Who will by FS2004 first will not have the FSX Version for reduced pricing.

I am waiting for your discussions

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Christoph, thanks I understand fully now. As I already siad, VFR airfields are not important and the fact that the resolution will be 512 is not a problem as this is the case in FS2004. Also I understand that the detail will not be the same as in the FSX version, this is obvious, I am sure you will give it the quality that it deserves! So I am very happy to pay for an FS2004 version and also I understand that you will have to sell each version seperately, this is only fair due to the added time you will have to take to convert to FS2004. I hope you will go ahead with this and I look forward to seeing it when it is done

Markwink.gif

Hi Christoph, thanks I understand fully now. As I already siad, VFR airfields are not important and the fact that the resolution will be 512 is not a problem as this is the case in FS2004. Also I understand that the detail will not be the same as in the FSX version, this is obvious, I am sure you will give it the quality that it deserves! So I am very happy to pay for an FS2004 version and also I understand that you will have to sell each version seperately, this is only fair due to the added time you will have to take to convert to FS2004. I hope you will go ahead with this and I look forward to seeing it when it is done

Markwink.gif

Hi,

I wouldn't mind paying for two seperate versions. I think If we can have a version for FS2004 with stands and the stand numbers then I'm happy. As ELLX is a bigish cargo hub so I hope you will make it.

Regds

Jason

Dear Christoph,

as I am in the nice situation that I don't have to think a lot about spending money on a scenery I've just bought your scenery. I'm currently downloading it.

In my opnion your airport-scenery of Luxembourg is massively overpriced.

I say that because if I think of the importance of Findel in comparison to Hamburg, Berlin, Frankfurt, London etc. then I must say, that you take about 10 Euros too much for an airport that only few virtual pilots are going to fly to. For me it seems a bit like you want to get the milk out of the cow twice. You must be kidding that you want the customers which are running both simulators (as I do) to pay twice for one scenery of which one version is much poorer in detail than the other.

Have a look at FSDT, German Airports or SimWings. They can show you how to get happy customers that want to buy their next sceneries too.

As I've said before, I don't mind paying money for a scenery. But I think many other customers do. I have already bought so many sceneries and AES credits from Aerosoft but your product is the first one, where my brain warned my eyes and fingers to click on the "BUY"-button.

What I would be interested in: Have you ever compared your pricing and the size and importance of your aiport to other sceneries offered here? And please don't tell me it is because of the VFR coverage and the two small airfields because for first instance I will not try doing VFR over Luxembourg with a Cargolux 747 and for second instance almost nobody begged you to model some square miles of Luxembourg that only a small percentage of the IFR pilots needs. For me personally I expect you or Aerosoft to include the FS9-Version in your 27.99 Euros-offer or to reduce the price for the FSX-Version drastically.

Finally I don't want to insult or attack you. I'm just wondering about the too expensive pricing of your "one-version-only-for-a-lot-of-money"-scenery.

Anyway: Thank you for creating this very nice scenery as it looks really brilliant. I'm eager to test it very soon.

Best regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

No I never compared pricing and the size and importance of Luxembourg aiport.

The impoprtance of an airport might be a personal opinion?

I am the developer and not the sales unit, I am not making the prices. Pricing is normally made up by cost and developing time!

The developing time is normally on airports with or without importance the same.

Please done`t forget that this package also includes alot of new and only in Luxembourg located Landmarks. So it is "Not only an airport"!

I must say that Chris is right....

The amount of work isn´t less making a scenery like Luxemburg than making - let´s say Frankfurt Airport.

More customers are probably more interested in Frankfurt airport than Luxemburg Airports, but that has nothing to do with the pricing.

Finn

I would only convert ELLX, no Landmarks and no further VFR-Airfields will be in the FS2004 version

ELLX will definitly not have detailed mesh on the Terminal, Tower or Runway bridge area.

The Quality of Texture will be not the same. I have to reduce some textures from 1024 to 512.

Not having a high price for only one airport I have to sell the FS2004 on lower price.

For this reason I will not make a upgrade

Who will by FS2004 first will not have the FSX Version for reduced pricing.

I am waiting for your discussions

Sounds perfectly fine and reasonable to me. Looking forward to it.

:)

Hi, Christoph!

Well, as I love to fly PMDG 747, also cargo, Findel seems to me a nice occassion to fly some Cargolux flights.

I guess there are more of us around here in this situaltion. But let me stick to the first person.

For this reason I am not really interested in VFR airfields and detailed phototextures of the area (though they are always nice to see).

Then if your FS9 Findel is to be available at a reasonably low price (much lower than the complex FSX version), I may consider buying it.

One question though.

no Landmarks

Just out of curiosity: why's that? Do they require some features FSX has and FS9 doesn't?

Some landmarks on approach and departure always add realism to our flights.

Have a nice (sunny) Sunday

Well as an FS9 only user I would be happy with my local airport being produced for FS9.

Am also a realist in the fact that there are things you can do with graphics in FSX that can't be performed in FS9 so the two packages would be different.

As much as I love flying the CLX routes I will not be changing my sim version if FS9 version is not released....will just have to keep using my freeware versin albeit it doesn;t have the fabulous CLX hanger and eye candy in your release!

Thanks

Liam Fassam

LUX

Hi Rafal,

adding also the whole landmarks library would take a few weeks. For this reason I will not convert them backwords.

Please be aware that less than 25% to 30% FS2004 users are left. And then I can only reach a few FS9 Luxembourg fans :D

Dear Christoph,

thanks a lot for your friendly answer. smile.gif

So if you don't make the prices I cannot hold you responsible for this strange marketing decision. blink.gif

I have flown in and out your Findel scenery and I must say that especially at night it looks awesome due to the fantastic lighting effects. Great work. wub.gif

I still hope you can convince Aerosoft to take the FS9-Version (in lower detail) into the FSX offer for free. I'm so eager to see things go this way, because I think if it won't go that way we will have to pay for more and more sceneries twice in the future. Up to now it was a clear thing - at least for Aerosoft: One scenery - two versions - one price. Hopefully Aerosoft won't chang this policy to pull more Euros out of their customers.

I wouldn't support such a behaviour.

OK, so for me I'm out of this discussion as I've said all I wanted to say.

Regards

Chris

Please be aware that less than 25% to 30% FS2004 users are left. And then I can only reach a few FS9 Luxembourg fans

By the way, I'm not a particular fan of Luxembourg (nor hater...), I'm just interested in FS9 Addon Sceneries, still...

Don't spend too much time listening to Aerosoft.

;)

Hi Rafal,

adding also the whole landmarks library would take a few weeks. For this reason I will not convert them backwords.

Please be aware that less than 25% to 30% FS2004 users are left. And then I can only reach a few FS9 Luxembourg fans :D

Hi,

aahm, i agree thats a bit to much^^. And we don't need it the whole for the fs9. But some in the approach sector or near the airport (few miles) would be likely to see.

And, please a bit detailed mesh, not with the FSX quality, but a bit... :D:wub:

If it is so, ELLX moving to my wish list ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to december. We await your decision with anticipation. I know I will buy the FS9 ELLX version. I already have the FSX version, but haven't been able to take a good look at it yet.