Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Just too many pop up's

newmanix

Hi Oliver,

I recently added the fixes you posted for AES. But now, I am getting wayyy too many different pop-up windows. It is really annoying. There is a window pop-up when I am on final approach when I enter the active AES zone. Then there is another window as soon as I touchdown asking for follow me. Then on approach to gate I get another pop-up telling me to set brakes and shutdown engines. I really don't need this. I would prefer if AES never automatically opens a window unless I ask it to via CTRL+SHIFT+W. Also, the close F10 key didn't close the windows. I had to use the X. If you need screenshots, I am happy to provide. On a side note, I am glad you fixed the service window in the update from poping up every minute.

Looking forward to the next release.

Thanks!

newmanix

oops forgot to say, I am using FS9!

Oliver,

I have the same problem (to many popups when departing, on short final and while taxiing, also the F10-button does not close the window), plus even after installing the fix 2.04 i still have those annoing pop-ups every time a service changes status.

I must say, after installing the latest fix and restarting my FS9, i had two errors telling my something like "error - bad DLL" (or something like that, dit not take note of what the error says).

After that i had no more errors, but i have the bad feeling that the fix does not his job:-(

I have tried reinstalling the latest fix, but to no avail.

Hope you can help me ;-)

William

• Developer

Did you read the install instruction for the FIX? You must start AESHelp after you update the files, otherwise you get problems with the windows.

Did you read the install instruction for the FIX? You must start AESHelp after you update the files, otherwise you get problems with the windows.

:blush::blush: Well, i have read them, but when installing the fix i think was to urgent to try it out without restarting AEShelp. All works fine now, sorry to post here without trying out myself ... I was fixed on those "error"-messages.

William