FS-Global 2010 and Madeira X

Flusipeter

Hello and a beautiful good day!

After the installation of fs-global 2010 there are problems with Madeira X. These problems is to be eliminated as follows:

There is two files, which must be deactivated:

1. In the directory " C:\FSGX2010\LocalMeshes\scenery " the file " cvxLPMA.bgl" in " cvxLPMA.madeira" rename.

2. In the directory " C:\Programme\Microsoft Games \ Microsoft Flight Simulator X \ Scenery \ 0502 \ scenery" the file " APX43200.bgl" in " APX43200.fsglobal" to rename.

I the standard installation paths specified, if it other installation paths have, then consider this please with the search for the two files!

If both files were renamed and deactivated thereby, can do you " Madeira X" enjoy again clearly. B)

Dear Flusipeter..

please do NOT misunderstand me, I don't want to be rude, but your tip does NOT make any sense to me.

First instruction:

1. In the directory " C:\FSGX2010\LocalMeshes\scenery " the file " cvxLPMA.bgl" in " cvxLPMA.madeira" rename.

Does that mean I should rename the file cvxLPMA.bgl to CVXLPMA.madeira? If so, I did and the scenery was a total mess!!!!!

Second instruction:

2. In the directory " C:\Programme\Microsoft Games \ Microsoft Flight Simulator X \ Scenery \ 0502 \ scenery" the file " APX43200.bgl" in " APX43200.fsglobal" to rename.

Does that mean I should rename the file APX43200.bgl to APX43200.fsglobal? If so I did but the scenery was still a total mess!!!!

In fact, in my library (when I opened it) there were TWO files APX43200,

APX43200.bg_

APX43200.bgl

I guess the .bg_ indicates that a program has changed the original file.

Can I DELETE or MOVE the file cvxLPMA.bgl from the C:\FSGX2010\LocalMeshes\scenery library AND the file APX43200.bgl from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games \ Microsoft Flight Simulator X \ Scenery \ 0502 \ scenery?

I guess moving/deleting them would have the same effect as renaming them.

Pease help me on this one, because my Madeira scenery is really a total mess, with the aircraft starting BELOW the surface, coastlineas are strange and the shore/sea looks like a huge wall against the airfield.

Thank you

Hannes

Dear Flusipeter..... again.

Please let me apologize to you. If I had read your postsing a little better I would have seen this sentence:

That explains exactly what has to be done and also answers my question if deleting/renaming will have the same effect. I'm very sorry but my intention was not to be impolite.

I did uninstall Madeira X so now I have to reinstall it and hope that everything will be Ok after that.

Have a nice day.

Hannes

Flusipeter again... again

What I have done didn't solve my problem.

I uninstalled Madeira X.

I deactivated the two files you mentioned in your posting.

I reinstalled Madeira X.

When I stand on the rwy at Madeira I am surrounded by a HUGE wall. It seems that the earth is rising straight up.

After flying "through" the wall and looking at the airport from the seaside I can see TWO shore lines and the huge wall surrounding the whole airport.

What have I done wrong and how can I fix this?

Hannes

Flusipeter again... again

What I have done didn't solve my problem.

I uninstalled Madeira X.

I deactivated the two files you mentioned in your posting.

I reinstalled Madeira X.

When I stand on the rwy at Madeira I am surrounded by a HUGE wall. It seems that the earth is rising straight up.

After flying "through" the wall and looking at the airport from the seaside I can see TWO shore lines and the huge wall surrounding the whole airport.

What have I done wrong and how can I fix this?

Hannes

Hi Hannes,

did you install MyTraffic? There there is also still another file, BR2_LPMA.bgl. This must be deactivated likewise. There may be on the PC only one *LPMA.bgl in Madeira the X directory.

HI

No MyTraffic installed but Ido have Ultimate Traffic2 and GEX.

I have deactivated the files you mentioned.

Emptyed the FSX scenery cache.

Closed down my computer and restarted it and after that restarted FSX.

No change.

I have attached a screenshot just to show how it looks.

Hannes

post-27676-125983068926_thumb.jpg

So......

After a days hard work the problem seems to be solved...... or?

First of all, ALL the software used are LEGAL, boxed or downloaded.

The equipment used is a desktop with an Intel qadcore i7 and 12GB of Ram and WIN7 Home Premium 64-bit and FSX + Addpack.

First of all I uninstalled:

UTX (USA-Canada-Europe)

GEX (USA/Canada - Europe)

FSG2010

Aerosoft Madeira X

They were first deleted inside FSX from the Settings/Scenery menu.

Then uninstalled with WIN normal program uninstaller.

Then I used a registry cleaner to delete ALL left over entries belonging to the uninstalled programs.

As a final check I used Explorer and deleted any library belonging to the uninstalled programs.

I deletet the librarys Scenery and Texture from the FSX root directory.

YES I have a backup with the default FSX Scenery/Texture librarys, so guess if I am glad for the back-ups.

Now I rebooted my computer and kept doing that after reinstalling EVERY new addon.

After installing new addons I also restarted FSX AND opened the Settings/Scenery menu to see that the programs were installed AND give FSX a chance to rebuild

the scenery database and scenery.cfg witch it should do when you close the Scenery menu.

Also I had the box "Empty scenery cache on exit" marked so FSX would NOT keep anything cached.

Copied back my ORIGNAL FSX Scenery/Texture to FSX root library.

Started at Madeira with only the defaults and NO addons installed.

See attachment FSX-Default.jpg

post-27676-125985736646_thumb.jpg

Reinstalled Aerosoft Madeira v1.00 with no problems.

See attachment Aerosoft_V100.jpg

post-27676-125985740232_thumb.jpg

Updated with Aerosoft Madeire v 1.01 with no problems.

See attachment Aerosoft_V101.jpg

post-27676-125985742121_thumb.jpg

Reinstalled FSGlobal 2010 and did NOT disable the above mentioned files cvxPMA.bgl and APX43200-bgl.

Did notice when I looked in the FSX library /.../0502/scenery/ that there were TWO APX-files, named APX43200.madeira AND APX43200.bgl!!!!!!

Somehow FSG2010 must have RENAMED one of the files, because I did NOT do it!!! Here I got problems.

See attachment FSG2010_NOT_disabled.jpg.

post-27676-125985743118_thumb.jpg

RENAMED the above mentioned files to cvxPMA.madeira and APX43200.madeira2 as there allready was a file named APX43200.madeira.

See the result in the attachment FSG_2010_disabled.jpg

post-27676-125985749307_thumb.jpg

To me it seems that everything works fine, so now I just have to reinstall UTX and GEX but that should NOT interfear with Madeira, I hope.

Just a final question. Does it matter WHERE, in the FSX scenery list, I place Madeira X? I know that the most important sceneries should be placed

in the beginning of the list but sometimes you must do adjustments when it comes to global sceneries.

Have a nice day everyone.

Hannes

Hi all

After reinstalling UTX USA/Canada/Europe, GEX USA/Canada/Europe and finally FSGenesis (FSGlobal2010 and Madeira X installed as shown in my earlier posting) I can just inform you that evferything works just fine, both in Europe and the American continent.

I would share with you the following link to "brush up" your FSX:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041

If this is not allowed on this forum, please forgive me and delete the link.

I have used all the tweaks mentioned in this link and everything works just fine and wit almost every slider on max I still have fps over 35.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Hannes

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello and a beautiful good day!

After the installation of fs-global 2010 there are problems with Madeira X. These problems is to be eliminated as follows:

I the standard installation paths specified, if it other installation paths have, then consider this please with the search for the two files!

If both files were renamed and deactivated thereby, can do you " Madeira X" enjoy again clearly. B)

Dear Flusipeter,

Your answer is not fully complete. Maybe that is the reason that Hannes (and me also) did not get Madeira good, using your post. The German forum about this topic was more complete. You also should also rename the file cvx4320.bgl, found in the "C:\Programme\Microsoft Games \ Microsoft Flight Simulator X \ Scenery \ 0502 \ scenery" directory into something like cvx4320.bak. Then Madeira works fine again. Anyway, in the future,I will visit the German forum more frequently.

Regards,

Henk