Funny Beaver

bliksimpie

Any ideas to why the engine bottom part look like this.

I am running FSX SP2

XP SP3

I have downloaded patch 230 and 231 so I Guess I am up to date with patch levels.

2009126234842390.jpg

This is the product.cfg file file under areosoft

[installer]

ProductCode=0156

ProductName=BeaverX

Version=0231

ProductPage=http://www.aerosoft.com

ManualName=Manual.pdf

ReadmeName=Readme.txt

Please help.!

Guest Hodge001

Hi

I had this happen once, and if memory serves me correctly, which is not really my strong point, I had one of my joystick axis assigned to the elevator trim on the beaver which when activated produced the effect you are seeing on your Beaver

I hope it helps.

Jim Hodkinson

Guest Hodge001

Hi again

I have just rechecked what I had posted, as it was bugging me, and it wasn’t the elevator trim I has set as an axis but the spoiler control I had set as an axis on my controls, so if you could recheck that you don’t have anything mapped as a spoiler control, or if you do just make sure it is in either the full up or down setting. I think its full up for the cowling to be in place, I did say that memory was not my strong point.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Thank you kindly sir.

Yes I think you are right. It was never like this. used to be fine and sudenly it started looking like this. Yes, I have added a new joystick and I have programmed it and I know I have the spoiler programmed. This indeed started from the date that I started using the new joystick but never thought that the joystick would have anything to do with the model. I will check this out tonight as I now see the posible relevance as it happend the same time i started using the new joystick.

Much appreciated as I really like the beaver and have neglegted it past couple of weeks due to this funny looking beaver.

JB

Guest Hodge001

Hi

Happy to help, that what were are all here for, and I have to admit that it took me some time to work out the spoiler issue, don’t forget that you could still keep the spoiler command, you will just have to remember that on the Beaver it functions as a cowling command, this way you still keep any joystick settings that you have for all the other aircraft in your hanger.

Have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Yes sir, i have checked and is indeed so. I have kept the spoiler programmed but it was programmed on a slider and the slider was not properly at nil zone. When I move the slider back into proper position the engine plates were also in proper position. When slider was extended the top and bottom actually came off and you can see the naked engine as if you work on the engine. Actually it is quite cool. So yeah I am keeping the spoilers but I now will take notice that the slider is in proper position.

Regards

JB