Værnes X (Trondheim Lufthavn)

• Aerosoft

Not going to give a lot of info right now, but we are very close to releasing a very nice scenery for Trondheim Lufthavn. Price will be around 15 Euro (inc sales tax when applicable). For now only scheduled as download.

edit: new shots by Nick.

post-43-126337688836_thumb.jpg

post-43-126337689075_thumb.jpg

post-43-126337689281_thumb.jpg

post-43-126337689462_thumb.jpg

post-43-126337689672_thumb.jpg

post-43-126337689834_thumb.jpg

post-43-126337690093_thumb.jpg

post-43-126337690283_thumb.jpg

post-43-126337690449_thumb.jpg

Jetways without wheels? Should be interesting to see how Oliver adds AES to those.

I agree...there's Norway that's going to work. :D *rimshot*

Looks interesting...looking forward to more pics :)

Looking great!

I hope this is the first of more Norwegian airport scenery's. May I make a plea for Stavanger Sola? It's location is absolutely stunning with the surrounding fjords.

I'll certainly buy this one and will keep my fingers crossed for more :P

Veeeery nice Mathijs. Finally another reason to go up there and a possibly an interresting route from Bergen Flesland airport, together with FSAltitude Europe.

Are there other nordic airports planned? I think with all the fjords it would be very nice and the distances aren't to long.

Edit: Airlifter had the same ideas at the same time... :P

• Aerosoft

Veeeery nice Mathijs. Finally another reason to go up there and a possibly an interresting route from Bergen Flesland airport, together with FSAltitude Europe.

Are there other nordic airports planned? I think with all the fjords it would be very nice and the distances aren't to long.

Edit: Airlifter had the same ideas at the same time... :P

And we got the same idea. But it's commercially a complex market. We'll see okay?

Jetways without wheels? Should be interesting to see how Oliver adds AES to those.

In Norway, most gates(With exeption of some gates at ENGM) Stands still, it's pushed out(bit hard to explain, but if you take a better look at the gates you will understand it.) As for Norwegian sceneries, Stavanger lacks a good one. Bergen is covered by Cloud9 and Norwegian Airports Project. ENGM has a nice freeware scenery for FSX and FS9, but would love to see Aerosoft do it for FSX :D

I understand the pushing straight out to reach the door, I'm thinking more about the lateral movement to line up with the door. Unless there is a parking system precise enough to prevent your door being off the mark.

I understand the pushing straight out to reach the door, I'm thinking more about the lateral movement to line up with the door. Unless there is a parking system precise enough to prevent your door being off the mark.

Pretty sure the docking system is pretty precise. If the dev decides to pop in, he'll surely give us an answer ;)

• Developer

Already 100 times used in AES, no problem at all.

Pretty sure the docking system is pretty precise. If the dev decides to pop in, he'll surely give us an answer wink.gif

First, take a peek at this thread: http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=27861

I think the comments are childish. I thought I knew some of the people there but obviously not.

I develop Gardermoen ENGM for FSX, and have just finished all the gates with double-layer glasses. It has been a transparency Hell, and a very tough job, making things possible even if ACES broke transparency with SP2. I am a Freeware developer. I work half my life at sea, world wide, and often loose the net out there, meaning I have only half the year at home to nourish my hobby, not a full year like other people have.

Check a few pics of the scenery here: http://www.flightsim...522424#comments

No, I am not going to animate the gates. I already have ENGM with 14000 vertices and 16000 faces. I develop 16 other airports at the same time. I do all this alone. I am not even remotely interested in animation plus tons of extra work. So if you want animated gates, you'll have to make them yourselves, and do not blame me for saying no. This is my hobby and I decide. If the "market" should "decide" it is no hobby no more.

AES looks nice (though I don't use it), and cheers to Oliver smile.gif

PS: You'll get three animated gates (50-51-53) anyway. Kindly delivered to you by Microsoft.

• Upvote 1

Well Loke maybe AES support can be added to your airport then ;)

Anyway looking forward to get new Norwegian airports to fly in this beautiful country !

Deniz

• Developer

Once you release it, the market will decide, and not you.  Users don't want airports with static gates.

Hi Bruce,

As he said, he develops freeware sceneries, then I personally think he can choose for him self how much effort he wants to put into it.

I'm the developer of Værnes X, and we're working on AES support so no worries :)

Once you release it, the market will decide, and not you. Users don't want airports with static gates.

Bruce,

OK that is your opinion. But no matter your opinion I don't give in to that fantasy the market decides for me. Why? Simple. I do not care about the market for a fraction of a second. If the market do not like I don't make it AES compatible, well, I just do not care. If this is a "problem" the solution is quite easy: Do not use my scenery! And if you do not I don't care anyway. So Bruce: You may think the market decides, and thats ok. I think different. Let's agree to disagree, because you can never turn me around anyway heheh! The "fantasy" says the market decides...but that will never have something to do with me and what I make. I am outside this, which feels great. Oh and by the way. Many users don't care about static contra dynamic. Some wants to fly in a movie. Others just wants to fly from A to B and just see a decent scenery, without it having to be like a Disney film, right?

You have to understand this: Originally I made all this just to get a "decent" FSX in Norway, for myself only. I did not think about sharing for a split second. In time I understood I might be stupid of me not to share it with fellow simmers, and here I am :-) Not planned at all. Seems it grows over my head no matter what I do.

Jo Erlend:

I did not want to pop in here, in order to let your terrific scenery (which I have had the privilege of betatesting) bloom in this thread whithout interferring. But I felt I had to respond to a question. I respect hard work no matter if it is payware or freeware, and you know that.

I highly recommend the Værnes scenery. It is incredibly good, and the landings from east can be quite a struggle (as my stomach tells me now and then real-life). Try it with Norway Scenic and Norway Quality Mesh. Suddenly you are very close to "Tongass" standards.

Agree with Loke, Dev decides, Market have the right to say what they want, but dev does the final decision. But Loke's scenery is EXTREMELY good for freeware! Don't really care for moving gates ATM, but i would love it added still(Ask for AES support?) Well, Jo Erlend has made truly outstanding work!

Hello Folks,

This thread is about the up and coming Trondheim scenery and lets keep it that way.

This is not to discuss who elses scenery does what or doesn't do what and not a request thread, we already have one of them.

So lets keep the talk to the scenery in question.

Thank you.