Rotterdam X

• Aerosoft

Just one shot I just got from Sascha (LimeSim) but it shows the level of detail we grown to get accustomed to (lelystad X etc). The image is taken from the modeling tools and as always the same thing in FSX will look even better. Release will be this winter. I have seen more and I know the airport personally. This is a very very nice bit of work.

post-43-126288377458_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hey,

looks great so far. If I would be a FSX user I would buy it, when it's out in a box with Lelystad and one other airport I can't remember <_<. I hope I get a new - better - graphics card for birthday this year + Win. 7. Then is it time to switch to FSX^^.

But great work though!

• Aerosoft

Hey,

looks great so far. If I would be a FSX user I would buy it, when it's out in a box with Lelystad and one other airport I can't remember <_<. I hope I get a new - better - graphics card for birthday this year + Win. 7. Then is it time to switch to FSX^^.

But great work though!

You don't need a better graphics card, you most likely be more happy with a CHEAPER graphics card then you got now. And for sure you don't need Windows 7, why should you? Check out this.

And in the end, what you see is progress. FS2004 simply can not show this kind of scenery. Not with the details we are adding right now. Not on a single core without falling to single digits and running our of memory when you load a complex aircraft. The sim, no matter how suitable it still is for many users, has limitations we simply can not circumvent. We want to add more and more details as customers like that. With FS2004 you are stuck with what you say in 2008. There has not been a lot of progress since then because all good developers more or less bumped on the limits at that time. So why not simply try FSX right now?

• Upvote 1

Awesome, finally my home airport being recreated for FSX! Now if only PMDG would have finished its new 737NG; can't wait to do some transavia.com charters :wub:

You don't need a better graphics card, you most likely be more happy with a CHEAPER graphics card then you got now. And for sure you don't need Windows 7, why should you? Check out this.

And in the end, what you see is progress. FS2004 simply can not show this kind of scenery. Not with the details we are adding right now. Not on a single core without falling to single digits and running our of memory when you load a complex aircraft. The sim, no matter how suitable it still is for many users, has limitations we simply can not circumvent. We want to add more and more details as customers like that. With FS2004 you are stuck with what you say in 2008. There has not been a lot of progress since then because all good developers more or less bumped on the limits at that time. So why not simply try FSX right now?

Well, I have a ATI Radeon HD 3650 with 512MB RAM, it's not really a good one. But i don't use my PC for FS only, so it wouldn't be clever if I buy the Radeon HD 4650. I think a very good GeForce is a good choice. Well, the only point, why I want Win 7 is, that Vista sucks for me.

I know, that FS9 can't run this kind of scenery, that's why I am so sad. And I tried FSX, the default C172 @ GAP2 Dortmund, day and good weather conditions. I had about 11 or 12 Frames. And yes, I used the settings as they are described in your PDF from the 'FSX Hardware'-Post.

Just one shot I just got from Sascha (LimeSim) but it shows the level of detail we grown to get accustomed to (lelystad X etc). The image is taken from the modeling tools and as always the same thing in FSX will look even better. Release will be this winter. I have seen more and I know the airport personally. This is a very very nice bit of work.

Mathijs this almost near my home town Thne Haque and I know the airport quit well

and will certainly make time to some development test flights in FSX at EHRD :-)

André F

• Upvote 1

Guest inbrekers1

Great, Lelystad X, Schiphol X and now Rotterdam X, can it get even better? Guess not rolleyes.gif !

I think maybe Eindhoven? Just joking. I will be following this project closely.

WTF why not for fs9. Ok that leystad for fsx is ok but rotterdam aiport not for fs9. WHy not stil the pmdg 737ngx is not out so the airport wont be used a lot and there for not buyed and fs9 had more high scenery airports for the real life flights that are taken of rotterdam to spain and other airports. I realy think you should make it for fs9 as wel because rotterdam als is a nice airport with cloud9 schiphol. Whene you realese schiphol why not making a pack with rotterdam and schiphol dor a better price. I still hope that you are going to make it for fs9.

Guest inbrekers1

WTF why not for fs9. Ok that leystad for fsx is ok but rotterdam aiport not for fs9. WHy not stil the pmdg 737ngx is not out so the airport wont be used a lot and there for not buyed and fs9 had more high scenery airports for the real life flights that are taken of rotterdam to spain and other airports. I realy think you should make it for fs9 as wel because rotterdam als is a nice airport with cloud9 schiphol. Whene you realese schiphol why not making a pack with rotterdam and schiphol dor a better price. I still hope that you are going to make it for fs9.

Why are there people who never read the reasons of other people not to make stuff for FS9 any more?

1: In modern projects the level of detail is way too high for FS9. If you want to try it, your FS9 will crash.

2: Today's market is very small for FS9. So why would they spend 10.000€ in a scenery that will just give them a total revenue off maybe 10.000€? It's economcly not good enough anymore.

3: I'm sure you can find dozens off reasons in this little article posted by Mr.Kok many months ago: Click this

@the dev's, Looking forward to this project... Maybe I will buy it together with the A320 and Amsterdam.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

I think mr. funkyj4ever you are rather young. I mean terms like WTF are not regular in this forum and have just earned you a 2 weeks ban on this forum, sorry but we simply like to discuss things in rather different terms.

Now if you would have read some other posts on this forum you would have seen that we will gladly do any project for FS2004 as long as customers accept that the FS2004 version will look rather dated and simplified against the FSX version and if we can be sure that the investment we do will be paid off. Now the first is not a big problem, most people by now know that FSX is simply superior in it's options (although for sure not without it's problems). The second is my main problem. If you would buy a few thousand copies we'll be sure to have an FS2004 version.

And PMDG, well they have stated more then a few times that the FSX versions of their new aircraft outsold the FS2004 versions, repeating the same comments and experiences as we have. As always FS2004 pilots write (not highly coherent in this case), while FSX actually buy software.

• Upvote 4

All jokes aside, how much trouble would it be to remove the eyecandy that FS9 can't handle, and release it as is?

As the developer of this scenery I can say that it would be too much work time I can spend much better on other projects waiting in pipeline (link). Also keep in mind that taking out all the details for an FS9 version the result wouldn't look much better than a well-known FS9 freeware scenery already available (while it does in FSX). I'm fully booked out for 2010, so I will not make a doubtful investment in time and money for a Rotterdam FS9 version while having other projects waiting that are much more promising. Helgoland was the last LimeSim scenery that I downscaled to FS9 - and that was about 3 years ago. No one can force me to do a FS9 version just by raising that topic again and again and again and again. Period.

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 3

Bests,

Sascha

Sascha I'm so happy with that decision FS9 is dead for me to also regarding development :-)

So we can focus all our time to get the best out of it instead of compromise for the very old stuff...

Can't wait for your master peace Rotterdam X love Lelystad X great work :-)

Thanks,

Cheers,

André F

• Upvote 1

Why not Eindhoven? it has a beautiful terminal with more flights than Rotterdam,

the second airport of The Netherlands. Eindhoven looks like crap on FSX as a default airport so why not?

Why not Eindhoven? it has a beautiful terminal with more flights than Rotterdam,

the second airport of The Netherlands. Eindhoven looks like crap on FSX as a default airport so why not?

This is not the topic for that sort of questions. Aerosoft decided to make Rotterdam and you should respect it.

Stop whining....

• Aerosoft

And who says we are not planning that airport as well in 2010? There's of course also Maastricht that's interesting.

• Upvote 1

As Maastricht-Aachen airport is part of German Airports 4, I have no doubt that we will see that one popping up again in the future. happy.gif

Back on topic...

I have seen Lelystad X and it is stunning, so I can't wait for Rotterdam (which I find the second best airport of the Netherlands)!!!

Good to to hear that release might be somewhere near the end of February, I hope that we will see some more preview shots soon!

Just wondering, will the scenery only cover the airport or can we also expect some more detail in the direct surroundings of the airport (e.g. highway A13, industrial area "Spaanse Polder", or perhaps some landmarks that represent Rotterdam with the city being relatively close to the airport?). This would add a nice touch to the scenery :)