Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Wrong follow me routing at LFPG

tmx

I've purchased new credits yesterday and activated Paris CDG scenery but I'm quite confused from absolutely wrong routing of the follow me car.

I arrived at RWY 26R and vacated via W5. According to chart AD2 LFPG GMC 02 - ground movements west configuration, which is in the box with scenery, I should taxi via taxiways T, N, E, GE1, G to terminal B.

lfpgtaxi.png

But as you can see, follow me car drove (and I followed him) via T, RT2, R, FR, F, G to terminal B.

lfpgtaxi.jpg

Are the charts in the pack absolutely wrong or the follow me car routing?

• Developer

The routing of the followme is as designed, because I don't find any statement, that the AES followme is using "official rotes" of the charts. Where did your read that?

AES calculate the route as the FS ATC do it: The shortest way over the taxiway mesh. The only difference is, that the FS ATC has infos about AI Aircraft, which AES don't have, so sometimes the ATC Routing is different in some parts.

But, never was said, that AES follows any official Apron routings, and that is by the way nearly impossible to handle, and then other, how follow the FS ATC will say: Why does AES don't use the same way as defined by the FS ATC?

BTW: Did you ever see in CDG a followme, that drive in front of an Aircraft starting at the runway? Is that real? When you know the taxiroutes so good, do it as a real pilot and follow the "official routes" until you reach the border of the inner Apron field and then request the Followme for the rest of the way (as in real) and then AES will fit much better. ^_^

• Upvote 1

Eh... I always thought there are official routes where and how follow me car drives... Same as routes for pushback must be somehow defined, I thought, also taxi routes are defined. First time I was surprised and happy that I can switch follow me on and it's correct route (EDDF, EDDK, EDDP, LEPA, etc.) so I can follow him even on VATSIM, but it seems it's only good luck. :)