Dutch Harbor X

horst18519

The Aleutian Islands with one of the most challenging approaches: Dutch Harbor!

Features:

• Custom terrain, landclass, LOD11 Mesh, landclass textures and blendings
  • Custom seasonal changes
  • Detailed scenery of Unalaska/Dutch Harbor with PADU airport
  • Night lighting and fx
  • Runway lights on request (bad weather approaches)
  • Additional scenery (Akutan, Nikolski,...)
  • Additional airfields and water airports
  • Custom landmarks (farms, radio towers, WWII relicts,...)
  • Special volcano fx
  • Adjustments for standard Aleutian missions
  • Additional missions
  • Additional free flights with typical Aleutian weather

• Upvote 2

Looking good. Just a suggestion, but including the Cornelia Marie and the other crab fishing fleet boats from "Deadliest Catch" would be a fitting and timely tribute To Captain Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie who lost tragically his life earlier this month following a stroke.

Looking great Thorsten!

I hope you will consider also doing some of the other islands over there, like Kodiak Island.

Will definately buy this one. Flying in that region is getting more and more interesting with UTX Alaska and (bit more to the South) OrbX PNW.

Best regards,

Frank van der Werff

Because you got nasty weather 80% of the time with heavy crosswinds. And of course you have to fly the DME circling approach with a tight turnaround because of the high mountains east and west of the airport.

Considering they land there with aircraft up to B737s, the runway is also rather short.

The addon will be compatible with UTX Alaska.

• Upvote 1

The addon will be compatible with UTX Alaska.

Great stuff, will buy it, but you better tame the frames unlike other Aerosoft stuff. And If I were you I really would consider adding shadows to the buildings. This technique is used extensively by designers like Bill Womack. It makes building less look like they are floating in the air.

Great stuff, will buy it, but you better tame the frames unlike other Aerosoft stuff. And If I were you I really would consider adding shadows to the buildings. This technique is used extensively by designers like Bill Womack. It makes building less look like they are floating in the air.

Are you saying Dutch Harbor X is a frame rate hog?

Are you saying Dutch Harbor X is a frame rate hog?

I think he's implying that Aerosoft stuff in general is hard on the frames. While I agree to some extent, I'm not sure the sceneries are any harder than other high end scenery developers...at least not on my system.

Sorry, but that's absolutely nonsense. Why should a scenery like this be bad for frames. The Aleutian Islands are a remote area with no cities, almost no vegetation and nothing else that could prevent very good fps all over the addon.

• Upvote 2

Wonderful!

I've always loved Alaska, both in the sim and in RW.

Since 'Northern Exposure' my feelings have grown even stronger... :)

I'm definitely interested in this scenery and its development.

I also hope someone will develop the Anchorage PANC airport one day.

Both as a great international destination and a starting base for exploring the whole state.

These screenshots look really exciting. As is the Ultimate Alaska addon. Their compatibility is even more good news.