US Cities-X Chicago Double buildings

Andret2k

Hey all,

So far I'm loving the add on. The view is fantastic flying around Chicago. I have just one thing I've noticed that is sort of distracting. All of the major buildings in flightsim are showing in addition to the ones in the add on. The main buildings are Tribune tower (about a block away), Marina City, The Hancock Building, Sears Tower (I'll never call it Willis tower) and Soldier Field all show two different versions of the buildings. One clearly comes with the add on, no night lighting, different texture etc..

I am also running the Newport Photo Real scenery of Chicago which according to the manual works well with it. I have the US Cities-X Chicago listed as #1 priority in my add on scenery list. Other than that, It's fantastic Scenery. I can even trace the exact walk that I take from my apartment to my Daughters bus stop for school every morning. Just wow for that.

Other Add ons are UTX, REX, UT2.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andre'

Hello Andre',

What happens if you run the Ultimate Terrain setup Utility and then close it down.

Hmm. You mean disable the Ultimate Terrain or just open and close Ultimate Terrain? I tried going into Ultimate Terrain, modified a setting with street lighting then exited but the buildings were still doubled up. I can try disabling it this evening after work. I'll let you know what happens when I do that.

Earlier, I did try uninstalling the Newport scenery and that didn't make any difference.

Also, I guess I should note that I'm running FS Acceleration pack.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll follow up this evening.

Thanks,

Andre'

Hi Andre,

Ultimate Terrain moves some of the default buildings to different locations so that the excludes in Chicago can't catch them anymore.

Anyway: Attached it an updated exclude file that will remove those duplicated buildings for you. Just copy it to...

FSX\Aerosoft\USCitiesX-Chicago\Scenery\

...and overwrite the old one.

Bests,

Sascha

Chicago_excl.zip

Hi Andre,

Ultimate Terrain moves some of the default buildings to different locations so that the excludes in Chicago can't catch them anymore.

Anyway: Attached it an updated exclude file that will remove those duplicated buildings for you. Just copy it to...

FSX\Aerosoft\USCitiesX-Chicago\Scenery\

...and overwrite the old one.

Bests,

Sascha

Fantastic! That's Sascha. I'll try it this evening and let everyone know of the results.

Much appreciated.

Andre'

This did the trick! This took care of the issues and the scenery really is quite stunning.

Here's a couple of quick shots of how it looks now with the new exclusions file. Just fantastic!!

post-30420-126904099467_thumb.jpg

post-30420-126904100473_thumb.jpg

And a fun one with 3D turned on using the IZ3D free anaglyph driver.

post-30420-126904102165_thumb.jpg

In case anyone is wondering to compare for spec's here's mine.

Asus Formula SE MB

Intel Core2 Extreme x9650 at 3.6GHz

4GB Corsair Dominator PC 8500

ATI HD5870

Auzentech X-FI Prelude 7.1 audio

Thanks again for the help, I'm going back to enjoying this excellent product.

Andre'

• 9 months later...

I just found 3 more UTX Repositioned "doubled" buildings that the new exclude file didn't catch. They're much easier to spot at night, and I have attached a JPG with their locations circled.

Thanks,

Carlyle