MD80 and AES

Hi,

I have the Maddog 2008 Leonardo and would like to fit the AES services.

The MD80 is not symmetric, it has forward and rear left doors and only forward right (service) door.

If I tell AES that the airplane has forward and rear left doors, it supposes that at the right it is the same and the catering van approaches the rear right fuselage, where there is no service door. Is it possible to have the left rear passenger stair but not the right rear catering?

Thanks.

James

• Verified Developer

Disable door 2 and 3 and configure the Door 4 (rear) at the position of the tailstair, set the height delta to 0 (on ground).

In this config the bus/Cleaning will stop at the rear door, but no stair is used there.

The Catering will only use the right front door.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings from a new guy!

After I got my hands on the Maddog MD80 and the beautiful copilot sim FS2CREW (and I managed to tackle the disappearing textures problem) I've been missing something and that is how I came to know about AES. Guys you did a fantastic job there and I am really pleased my sim is brought to a new realism levels.

As this post is related with my questions I'm posting it here.

I have red the instruction above however I wanted to try whether I can still use the door behind the wing LH side. I have assigned front door, behind wing door and the aft door (as per the manual). Still, When I call for catering trucks two are approaching from the same side RH. The aft catering trucks conflicts with the aft baggage belt (as there is no door anyway). Here is one question - how can I assign the aft catering to come and the back door but left hand side? I've flown with the MD80 few times and kinda remember the crew loading something from there (not 100% sure though).

The other question is operations related: I was trying to get the cleaners van around the aircraft (I've set up the MD82 as described above - one door LH front and one back door down to 0 and rotated 90 degrees). The only thing I'm getting is the letter "R" in front of the menu option and no van is arriving. What is the letter "R" and why the van is not coming (tried it both before boarding AND after disembarking)?

Regards,

Martin