Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Aerosoft

Just wondering Mathijs, If you decide to implement an advanced version, will you consider including the right seat? It's just that I think this model would be an ideal model for learning on jetliners. Also what is the additional cost in FPS of including the right seat?

I'm perfectly honest, we have not spend more then a few hours thinking about the more complex version. It could be easy to say yes we'll consider it but it would be an empty promise. We'll see. Getting this one out of the shop is hard enough.

• Upvote 3

Alex,

I,ve imported fligtplans from FSBuild and FSX flight planner with no issues. Also, there are other beta members who use FS Commander with. No issues. Even though the MCDU will not allow you to select a SID or STAR you can manually enter them or just build the fligtplans using the aforementioned utillities.

Bob

Thanks Bob, good to hear that the Airbus will have this ability! :) It will save a lot of time!

I may have missed something, because i've been in holidays for the last 2 weeks, so has there been something special been mentioned exept the "usual" things?

may somebody please summarise the last things for me now? (via PM or however?) i have just no time to read at this moment :lol:

and a question to the development team: on the product page it says that the airbus will release on 30 Aug 2010. usually the download releases 1-2 weeks earlier, so can we expect a release in the schoolholidays (in 2 weeks from now)?

thanks for everybodys help!

regards

Emi

Thanks Bob, good to hear that the Airbus will have this ability! :) It will save a lot of time!

silly question guys, sorry for ignorance,

even though this is a lite systemed aircrafted, how detailed are the flight dynamics? Are they like pmdg quality or something less

sorry again

I may have missed something, because i've been in holidays for the last 2 weeks, so has there been something special been mentioned exept the "usual" things?

may somebody please summarise the last things for me now? (via PM or however?) i have just no time to read at this moment laugh.gif

and a question to the development team: on the product page it says that the airbus will release on 30 Aug 2010. usually the download releases 1-2 weeks earlier, so can we expect a release in the schoolholidays (in 2 weeks from now)?

thanks for everybodys help!

regards

Emi

Not part of developing but think i could awenser.

well i would say 1 thing, it is goeing to be released when ready. Now i have been helping on an add-on airport (Billund X) and the worst thing you can do is set a day. As so many things could happen. so give them time and you all see. so plz stop asking about release i am sure they would tell you all like other add-ons then the time is right.

And about pre-order is like any others just a date, it mabee could be posible to release if things goes right, and could bee around that day. But would changes as the time runs best exsampel was for some years ago the wilco 737 was on pre-order for 1 and a half year. release date every month and when you passed the day thes moved it 1 month. so nothing is sure.

have a nice day to all.

I'm perfectly honest, we have not spend more then a few hours thinking about the more complex version. It could be easy to say yes we'll consider it but it would be an empty promise. We'll see. Getting this one out of the shop is hard enough.

Thanks Mathijs, I know you guys are going to get there, take all the time it takes to polish this wonderful aircraft and we'll be there when it's ready. All the best wishes for testing.

Regards

D

It's just a mirror of the captains screen's. They can't be altered independently. There are no clickable buttons on the co pilots MCDU.

The pilots side is fully functional.

Chris

Ok, thanks Chris.

even though this is a lite systemed aircrafted, how detailed are the flight dynamics? Are they like pmdg quality or something less

sorry again

Not sure I understand your question. If you mean auto trim, holding bank after releasing the side stick, then yes.

Bob

sorry again

I think Aerosoft saied a few month ago that the flightdynamics will be very good, because the Airbus has been made togeather with real Air Berlin pilots and they checked it many times, so don't worry the flightdynamics are going to be realistic.

By the way: If you want to test them now, just sit into the "normal" Flightsimulator X Airbus A321. Mathijs saied that it has a good behaviour, with the exeption that the engines are much to powerfull.

So you can try to practice a litte even befor the Aerosoft Airbus is released^^

Regards

Emi

gents, got a problem. The TCAS recording we done is not complete and has some quality issues. Now I could use a load of YouTube vids to cobble something together but that's a bad solution. So I decided to drop all we got and make a complete new sound set for the TCAS. And then we thought, if we can't do it in the Airbus itself (no chance for that in the next few weeks), and got to simulate it, why not see if a customer would like to be bitching betty? So if you feel like it, take out your mike and record the following sentences to a 44.100 Hz / 16 bits file. Second pause in between. We need a male voice (some Airbusses got female voices, but not ours). Send the recording to info@aerosoft.com or attach it here. Of course we'll give free copies to the people who assist!

"TCAS System Test Fail"

"TCAS System Test OK"

"Traffic, traffic"

"Climb, climb"

"Descend, descend"

"Climb, crossing climb"

"Descend, crossing descend"

"Increase climb"

"Increase descent"

"Climb, climb NOW"

"Descend, descend NOW"

"Maintain vertical speed"

"Adjust vertical speed"

"Monitor vertical speed"

"Maintain vertical speed, crossing"

"Clear of conflict"

Hello Mathijs,

I have send my audio files for the airbus x tcas.

regards,

Melvin.

No TCAS sounds is not a show-stopping issue for me.

Hi Mathijs, I think I'd rather you guys get the TCAS from the real source rather than making them up. If it is to wait until you release them as a mini pack after the airbus X release, I don't think it's a big deal. I could have recorded that for you a few days ago have had known!

Regards

D

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

sorry again

I'll honestly say we'll give PMDG a run for their money on flight dynamics. Of course they have never done FBW flight so that's a bit vague but we got very serious flight dynamics. It's also not so lite on systems, in fact it's rather strong on all systems that do not require a lot of user input. We just went easy on the most complex systems. But for example electrics, hydraulics etc are pretty detailed. In some systems like external lights we think we are far in the lead. Let me show:

First image, all lights off. Very standard FSX.

AllOff.jpg

Next, taxiway turn off lights on. They shine 45 degrees of the nose to show obstacles you might hit with the main gear while turning.

TaxiWayTurnOff.jpg

There are few aircraft who have these lights working, ours does.

Next we switch on the main landing lights, the big stuff.

LandingLights.jpg

Something rather special here, the lights actually illuminates the objects. No Wilco, PMDG etc aircraft does that. You can actually taxi in complete darkness with our bus!

Now on to the nose gear light. It has two settings, first the take-off setting. This shines rather steep down and is focused. It helps pilots judge the pitch attitude and also lights up the tree you are going to hit.

NoseTakeoff.jpg

After you landed the nose light is switched from TO setting to taxi setting. It now fills in the gap between the two landing lights.

NoseTaxi.jpg

Of course all the switches and animations are correct. You can extend the landing lights and not switch them on. They will also automatically switch off when you retract them. Etc etc.

That's all pretty cool and not eye-candy as some might say. If it were default FSX lights it would be as they just put a light polygon on the ground. But these lights actually all work as they should and make night take-off and landings a lot more realistic. It's a fine example of our focus with this project. It's all about flying the Airbus, not learning about how to set up a descending 2 minute holding pattern over a fix in crosswind.

• Upvote 13

• Aerosoft

question quick and simple.....

How long before release...?

regards

Ray

5 small issues, 2 medium, 2 big left now.

Just now we managed to get the brakes back to work. Those were ruined by the DLL we use to read the throttle settings without using the wacky FSX routines. It now goes directly via DirectX, nice and fast and way more precise. The biggest issue is by far the manuals, but I'll be back on those tomorrow.

We are still very much on schedule for an August release.

• Upvote 6