Discus K

Aerosoft Team

• Aerosoft

We just got the images for the product page of the first high end aerobatic glider for FS. Looks pretty good and it flies even better.

Release will be in a week or so, we are just waiting for the people who got to make the installer to come back from vacation.

aerosoft_discusk_01.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_02.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_03.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_04.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_05.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_06.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_07.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_08.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_09.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_10.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_11.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_12.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_13.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_14.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_15.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_16.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_17.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_18.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_19.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_20.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_21.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_22.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_23.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_24.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_25.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_26.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_27.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_28.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_29.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_30.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_31.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_32.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_33.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_34.jpg

aerosoft_discusk_35.jpg

• Upvote 6

Nice bird! However something seems to be missing: do you represent the bending of the wings, depending on the flight loads? As a glider pilot, I think this is a quite important point to be representative of the reality...

Of course it has wingflex. Even a high realistic one used in the normal Discus package as well. The outer wing pars have a high negative V form, so it looks a bit strange. But the real plane also did B)

Cheers Joachim

• Upvote 2

Hi,

I may have missed something, but how much will this cost?

or is that an add-on for the existing Discus add-on? if so, are the customers who have the discus get the new one cheaper?

the idea with the ASK21 seems very good for me, too, because i fly that one (in real world) as training airplane during my training for the gliderpilot license... I'd love to see the ASK21 in fsx in aerosoft quality!!!:rolleyes:

regards

Emi

It is a stand allone produkt and will cost 10.50€ plus VAT when applicable.

It is intentionally very low to give the impression of the near perfect flight dynamics and the feeling for flying without an engine to a massive base of customers.

As the customers of the big Discus pakage know, it is not compareable to the default DG808, and in the Discus K pakage it is even more different. It is not a gentle Discus b without ballast. Remember there is a good piece of wing missing.

Though you can still do gliding with this thing. (LD of 38)

But the best thing are of course the aerobatic capabillities. It still feels a bit like a Discus, but also completely different. Hard to explain. Just try it out :-)

• Aerosoft

It is a stand allone produkt and will cost 10.50€ plus VAT when applicable.

It is intentionally very low to give the impression of the near perfect flight dynamics and the feeling for flying without an engine to a massive base of customers.

As the customers of the big Discus pakage know, it is not compareable to the default DG808, and in the Discus K pakage it is even more different. It is not a gentle Discus b without ballast. Remember there is a good piece of wing missing.

Though you can still do gliding with this thing. (LD of 38)

But the best thing are of course the aerobatic capabillities. It still feels a bit like a Discus, but also completely different. Hard to explain. Just try it out :-)

Concur on that Joachim.... I never flown aerobatic gliders in my life (real or in FS) but this is so much fun. Wipes away the whole idea of gliders being soft and silent. This is violent and noisy.

• Upvote 1