Uk2000 Heathrow V2?

ridgey

hi guys,

Gary summons has just released heathrow V2 today, which is a £5 /6euro upgrade to get the new version..

IT requires uninstalled heathrow extreme V1, which will mean we lose our Aes for it.

I understand that the next version of AES will cover the new heathrow, but how wil the AES credits work?>? what should we do?

Alex

• Upvote 1

• Developer

Yes, when you install the new version now, you will be not able to use AES there until the new version is supported. The Heathow V2 Version will be a new Airport for AES (so that user can stay at V1 when they want) and there will be a small (1-2 Credits) Upgrade fee for Users of V1, when they activate V2 (Same procedure as on other airports before, like EDDF/LFPG oder LEPA for example)

im not sure what we need to do then

so are you now chargind 6/7 credits for the scenery v2?

I think it is still 5 credits for new users of the scenery, and 1-2 credits for those who already have v1 and are upgrading.

you cant do that, it doesnt make sense

becuase,u can you uninstall and then click resync repair?

also if u re install windows then you would be paying 5 credits even if u did have version 1.

im sorry it just doesnt make sense that people are getting "charged" becuase they already have version1, we already paid for the update from uk2000

• Upvote 1

• Developer

im sorry it just doesnt make sense that people are getting "charged" becuase they already have version1, we already paid for the update from uk2000

Sorry, you have payed for V1, not for V2. Did you get the Scenery Update for free? No, because there is additational work to do, for AES is's more or less all new.

When you want to stay in V1, you can do it.

That you don't accept, that others will invest a lot of time to offer you new version, and that you are not willing to support that invest, shows the rest of your statement. :unsure:

I try always to keep the update fee small, even when 70-80% of my work is to done again, to provide you the new version.

• Upvote 1

you cant do that, it doesnt make sense

becuase,u can you uninstall and then click resync repair?

also if u re install windows then you would be paying 5 credits even if u did have version 1.

The AES folder contains all of the airport information, and when you upgrade from v1 to v2, AES will recognize that and have you pay the 1-2 credits Oliver referred to instead of the full amount.

When you wish to re-install windows, make sure you back up your AES folder externally so you can use it when you are finished with the installation.

Sorry, you have payed for V1, not for V2. Did you get the Scenery Update for free? No, because there is additational work to do, for AES is's more or less all new.

Oliver, I think you misunderstand what ridgey is saying. Someone like myself who has version 1 with AES will now effectively be paying 6 or 7 credits to have version 2, while a brand new user will only pay 5. Unless the new user also pays 6 or 7 credits, it feels like those of us who've been loyal to you are being penalized for upgrading.

• Upvote 1

Oliver, have you an ETA for the next AES?

Thank you

Regards

Seems to me aerosoft airport releases get AES interm releases within a week but for some reason we are kept waiting long periods of time for other sceneries. Lot of us are still waiting for fsdt's DFW that was released before gilbratar x yet that one is already available....

• Upvote 1

Oliver, I think you misunderstand what ridgey is saying. Someone like myself who has version 1 with AES will now effectively be paying 6 or 7 credits to have version 2, while a brand new user will only pay 5. Unless the new user also pays 6 or 7 credits, it feels like those of us who've been loyal to you are being penalized for upgrading.

You're not penalized for upgrading, you only pay 1 or 2 credits extra for a new version of EGLL, you don't have to do that and can use version 1.0

It's just like buying a new car.

When you sell that car after a few months because of a new model of that same car, then you also have to pay an extra amount and don't get that car for free.

Oliver has to do a lot of extra work for this new version of EGLL and that's why it isn't strange that you have to pay some extra credits.

Just my idea.

Regards, Ad

• Upvote 3

• Developer

Seems to me aerosoft airport releases get AES interm releases within a week but for some reason we are kept waiting long periods of time for other sceneries. Lot of us are still waiting for fsdt's DFW that was released before gilbratar x yet that one is already available....

That has very "normal" reason: In some (not all) Aerosoft distributed Releases I am involved in the development and so I can start to make AES in a very early state before the release is comming, like EDDM, LEBL and Gibraltar.

For other Developers (for example UK2000 or FSDT, Tropicalsim, LatinVFR...) i get the airport at the same time as you get it, on or very short before release, like EGLL V2 on Friday or maybe weeks later.

I don't think, that you expect, that this airports are done in 2 hour or?

I have a long list of airports on my todo list, some of them are not very small, so I will do them in a "first in - first out" order now.

But, I will make no interim release anymore, not to give anybody the feeling, I would prefer someone. :blink:

There's a considerable difference in the number of gates of FSDT's KDFW and Aerosoft's Gibraltar........it's almost like comparing apples and pears.

• Upvote 2

Yes, when you install the new version now, you will be not able to use AES there until the new version is supported. The Heathow V2 Version will be a new Airport for AES (so that user can stay at V1 when they want) and there will be a small (1-2 Credits) Upgrade fee for Users of V1, when they activate V2 (Same procedure as on other airports before, like EDDF/LFPG oder LEPA for example)

No problem Oliver happy to add two credits for all that hard work and thank you for your great support.

Actually it's a real bargain for all that stuff :-)

Cheers, :beer3_s:

André

• Upvote 3

[...]

I don't think, that you expect, that this airports are done in 2 hour or?

I have a long list of airports on my todo list, some of them are not very small, so I will do them in a "first in - first out" order now.

But, I will make no interim release anymore, not to give anybody the feeling, I would prefer someone. :blink:

No, I don't expect EGLL in 2 hours. :) But some older FS9 airports disappear from the shop (where newer FS9 airport versions are available), and I hope that I can still have AES for what I bought, although it might have disappeared from the shop today.

• Developer

Based on the situation, that one user has posted here internal information, the user is banned no, AES is delayed for undefined time (until I have changed the internal process) and this thead is closed.

At this moment, I think it's time for a longer break regarding AES, but I hope that the positive feedback given by some users here, will let me forget the rest of the posts, fast if possible.

• Upvote 1