**TO All New Users - READ Here

ridgey

Hi guys,

Right hopefully this will be made a sticky post so it can be a "one-stop-shop" to solving your issues! :). [and save the guys at aerosoft some time]

Firstly on the operating manual there is a section on FAQs, which answers most of your "inital" problems! :)..

i will list in numbers the most popular issues for quick referenence!

1) "The throttles do not respond to my joystick commands"

This is common, and not really a big problem. Simply load into the aircraft at an airport of your choice [via free flight].. Go into your FSX controls [Alt+settings+controls] via the ingame selector, and make sure that your throttles is assigned to the lever on your yoke. Then, close the simulator [ctrl+c]. Then reload FSX and chose the same aircraft again. [if you get crashes restart your computer].. Now your throttles will work to your commands! :)

2) "the spoiler does not arm"

Again common, simply reading the FAQ in the manual will state that applying slight thrust [remove from idle] u will be able to arm your speedbrakes [either shift+/] or by dragging in the VC..

3) "FSX will CTD after i close FSX, and then i will get crashes in the menu interface"

Do not worry, your computer is not poorly and your FSX set up is likely to be fine! ;). This is a problem indentified by beta testers alike.. There is not a fix for this yet, but i have no doubt some clever people will come up with a fix very shortly [remember jesus and the highmemfix?]

4) "My nose wheel does not turn visually"

Autorudder is likely to be checked accidently, like in all aircraft the nose wheel will not visually turn with your commands. Simply checking that autorudder is off [CTRL+SHIFT+U to toggle] will sort this out

5) "No 2D Cockpit"

No there isnt, however VC flying is far more realistic, and the Aerosoft VC cockpit wont hurt your FPS. If you are a seasoned 2D flyer, it will take a while to get used to it, but it is 1000049.34 times more realistic..

You can also cycle through the views [A on your keyboard] to get to a 2D "look-a-like" view.

6) "I cannot click anything in the VC main view"

No problem, its actually to do with the headrest behind your invisible virtual head. its a common FS problem, and easy to fix. If you are a seasoned Flight simmer, you will move alot by pressing a combination of CTRL/SHIFT/BACKSPACE/ENTER/,, i do this all the time in the VC and for Wingviews.. If you lose the clickable hand in the VC simple edge forwards a couple of inches using the key combinations in the above line.

7) "Ive got a Blurry MCDU screen

Simply go to your options and make sure global texture resolution is set to very high,, ye i know it looks awesome right?? [be aware if you have any config tweaks, changing anything in the settings will lose your code, i.e texture max load]

All i can think of for now, i hope this helps YOU and aerosoft staff members

Feedback on this greatly appricated :)

thanks

Alex

My personal notes!

[For Advanced Users** -- Go to your FSX config, and in graphics find the line TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048, textures on the Airbus, look even greater now? ]

After installation restart your computer before starting up FSX.

• Upvote 3

Great thread Ridgey!

maybe this could be added?:

7) "Ive got a Blurry MCDU screen"

In the FSX display settings, make sure the global texture resolution is set all the way to the right at "very high".

James

[For Advanced Users** -- Go to your FSX config, and in graphics find the line TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2046, textures on the Airbus, look even greater now? ]

better make it TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048

:-)

Regarding Issue #1, Throttel

as i just mentioned in the German forum, the throttels will not work on my installation (Saitek X52) .

The levers won´t move forward, N1 is flickering around Zero.

Reverse thrust is working well.

Any Tip ?

Bernhard

Regarding Issue #1, Throttel

as i just mentioned in the German forum, the throttels will not work on my installation (Saitek X52) .

The levers won´t move forward, N1 is flickering around Zero.

Reverse thrust is working well.

Any Tip ?

Bernhard

Have a look at the step by step tutorial as it describes in the FAQ section how to assign the throttle correctly.

Short version : Assign throttle at your FSX menu, then assign throttle via FSUIPC. But please look in the manual there as there also is a picture of the FSUIPC menu and what how to set ;)

Have a look at the step by step tutorial as it describes in the FAQ section how to assign the throttle correctly.

Short version : Assign throttle at your FSX menu, then assign throttle via FSUIPC. But please look in the manual there as there also is a picture of the FSUIPC menu and what how to set ;)

Thanks for replay.

I did everything according to the manuals. Regardless of some statements here in the forum, that there is no need to use FSUIPC i tried also the setup in FSUIPC . The Result was, that I cant see any movements of the levers but N1 is rising like in an Boing -Jet (no detends at all).

My problem is therefore not soved.

Bernhard

3) "FSX will CTD after i close FSX, and then i will get crashes in the menu interface"

Do not worry, your computer is not poorly and your FSX set up is likely to be fine! wink.gif. This is a problem indentified by beta testers alike.. There is not a fix for this yet, but i have no doubt some clever people will come up with a fix very shortly [remember jesus and the highmemfix?]

Load up from the free flight menu with the default cessna 172, then switch to the Airbus X while at the gate. This side steps the CTD when selecting Airbus X from free flight. smile.gif No need to restart PC that way.

After disconnecting my additional Logitech G13 Game Keyboard my Saitek X52 are working now.

Even if i reconnect the G13 everything works fine now - Very funny !

Aerosoft should have an eye on this issue because such a device is very usefull and made no problems at all with all other addons i have in use. Even the very complex ASA Stratocruiser works very fine with the combination Saitek X52 and Logitech G13 !

Bernhard