Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

GPS module.dll serious issues

Craig757

Hi there i installed last night and flew a few routes and really enjoyed it . today thought i would giver it a real work out started fsx and got this error see picture.If i say yes it crashes to desktop.

I uninstalled it all reinstalled it and saw as it installed that the gpsmodule.dll really did instal with the airbus so please can you fix it cause i really wanna fly her wings off

post-29837-128361572798_thumb.jpg

regards

Craig

Check your dll.xml file for errors.. look for spaces or any odd characters where they shouldn't be

I used to get this with the LevelD767, but by moving the leveld .dll enrty to nearer the top in the load order, I stopped getting the error.

It has been known that some dll's like to be loaded in a certain order.

hope this helps

If you look at your FSX.cfg in the TRUSTED section of the file you will find a line that has the below information in it followed by some randomly generated hash key at the end;

*\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\GPSModule.dll

Try deleting the whole of that line above including its hash key then save the file, reboot the computer then start FSX again. FSX should ask you to trust the GPSModule.dll again. Hopefully this will fix the problem, basically there is a bug in the FSX trust system and doing the above most of the time fixes it.

Thanks guys for the help i had a very serious brain fart lol i moved the dll entry to the top of the list and yes you where all right it worked thank you so much off we go for another 3 hours in the cockpit

regards

Craig

Thanks guys for the help i had a very serious brain fart lol i moved the dll entry to the top of the list and yes you where all right it worked thank you so much off we go for another 3 hours in the cockpit

regards

Craig

guys i have the same problem but not solved, i tried by moving the dll entry to the top of the list but didnt work, also tried by deleting the trusted line of the fsx.cfg , rebooting and then start fsx again, but still have the same problem

when FSX starts and ask for trusted soft (GPSMODULES.DLL) i click on YES my FSX closes "FATAL ERROR OCURRED"

if i delete the last 2 lines of the DLL (DLL INIT and DLL DEINIT) of the xml file, and i click on YES, my FSX opens, everything is ok but the CDU has a 0. on the keyboard and i cant write on it..... please help!!! i tried evertything

Hi. Uninstall Airbus X. Then check that the GPS module has been removed from the FSX/Modules folder. Go to your fsx.cfg and remove the trusted line for the GPSModule.dll and also remove the entry from your dll.xml file if it's still remaining.

Now install again and hopefully all will be fine.

Chris

• 2 months later...

I Have the same problem with GPSModule. Get error when starting FSX. If i say yes it crashes to desktop. Have tried all suggestions in this forum. GPSModule is located properly. Entries are in dll.xml. Re-installed many times. Still have the same error. Running Win7 64bit. Had no problems till install of AirBus X. I am at my wits end. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I Have the same problem with GPSModule. Get error when starting FSX. If i say yes it crashes to desktop. Have tried all suggestions in this forum. GPSModule is located properly. Entries are in dll.xml. Re-installed many times. Still have the same error. Running Win7 64bit. Had no problems till install of AirBus X. I am at my wits end. Any advice would be appreciated.

Where is your FSX installation located (path)?

Where is your FSX installation located (path)?

Path is located on a separate drive from Win7 boot drive...."D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe"

Hope this helps..

well i have also seen this error but only when editing some files so try visit this site follow my steps and you should get rid of the problem. http://www.forum.aer...pic=40555&st=40 look at my post: Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:59 PM (the pictures but rememver to backup your fsx.cfg and standart.xml in another location) and remember only to instal version 1.22

well i have also seen this error but only when editing some files so try visit this site follow my steps and you should get rid of the problem. http://www.forum.aer...pic=40555&st=40 look at my post: Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:59 PM (the pictures but rememver to backup your fsx.cfg and standart.xml in another location) and remember only to instal version 1.22

KAPTEJNLN...Thank you for your spending time on this problem..Did all your suggestions and still receive the error at FSX start up.. when I say YES to start the FSX program anyway, FSX will crash..It just doesn't like that GPSModule.dll I made sure I had made all deletions as requested, re-booted, reinstalled, Still getting the error.. Frustrated!! Thanks anyway.

Finally got it to work.... Disabled my Virus protection .. Kapersky... Re-downloaded from Aerosoft... Did all of your suggestions... Got an error brifely...said yes to Run...and it loaded... Closed FSX... Then restarted with NO errors.. Must have been the Virus Scanner that corrupted my GPSModule.dll.... I want to thank you again for all you help in this matter...You got me thinking about that Module and why it could possibly be bad.. Thanks..

• 1 month later...

I did some reaserch on the GPSModule problem, especialy the "FSX has detected a problem with 3rd party addon GPSModule.dll" error

There were people who werent able to solve the issue by simply reinstaling the software (in the correct way of course).

Now, I may be mistaken (since I am not a programmer, just a John Doe when it comes to programming)

(well obviously) It seems that it has something to do with the way windows protects itself from potentially dangerous software.

There were people who ran into problems with 3rd party addons right after they've installed some windows security updates

As I was on my path for searching what may cause these 3rd party errors I've found this

http://lkalamaras.bl...r-own-good.html

(It has already been posted, the issue however isn't directly connected with the "why FSX wont accept GPSModule.dll", instead "if I was reading correctly" it shows an issue about windows not accepting ANY 3rd party addons...suddenly)

I thought to myself, maybe there is a problem with windows DEP (Data Execution Prevention) and tried it for myself. I was dissapointed when I found out that in WIN7 you can no longer fully DISABLE Data Execution Prevention ( probably for a good reason...but if I had such a problem with an addon I would gladely risk it and disable it (reinstalling windows is not that much of a problem nowadays in case I do any harm to my os))

DEP and FSX related issue here-->

http://www.fsdreamte...php?topic=113.0

To sum it up:

Some DLL files are being considered by windows as potentially dangerous. As windows updates itself on a daily basis with protection and security updates,the potential of 3rd party addons being stopped from working is getting bigger and bigger, if all the above is true.

I really dont mean to sound like a wiseguy, I just derived it from what I've read.

I cant really say that the GPSModule.dll problem is directly related to what I've written above. I dont know that, but I can say that it really looks so to me.

So, in case there still exists somebody experiencing these DLL errors and he (or she :blush:) cannot solve it by reinstalling, maybe he can start from here and search for the roots of the problem.

Please correct me if I'm wrong a dont mean to mislead.

Then this post is just another example of how we, Windows users, are NOT in the competence of our own OS...

(excause me for the language but I'm from Jupiter, me no speak english very well :))