A-Floor Problem

Black Day

The last two days i did several flights with my new toy, and beside the bugs already mentioned i had no major problems.

But on my last flight i had a very critical problem with the A-Floor protection.

I was on the way from LOWW to EDDP and right after the TOD (never seen the ToD or ToC markers by the way) suddenly my speed tape indicated a speed of 0 and the Alpha-Floor-Protection kicked in and stayed. I was not able to disarm the A/T which was kind of OK because the systems thought my speed was too low (very low - actually 0) and it wants me to stay alive. Then after 4-5 minutes (meanwhile i was at 5000 feet) the problem was gone, speed was displayed again (way too high at around 320) but i was in control again.

In this post the zero-speed issue was also mentioned. So it seems i'm not alone with my near-death experience.

Another question is, if the speed-tape goes crazy is it possible to disable the FMGCs or FACs and fly the bird safely home?

Further i've noticed that when switching from Speed to Mach-Display the marker on the speed-tape disappears so i don't have a real clue how fast (in knots) i am. Other add-on planes still show me a marker even when on Mach-Mode.

Btw: i really love the handling of the bird when flying manually! Actually i never did such perfect manual landings, very nice (besides the 100 feet-bug) - thanks for that!

Cheers BD

Hello,

I just want to throw this problem up again as I have encountered it on almost every flight now, sometimes leading to an aircraft overstress caused by overspeed. I have the impression that it always occurs when Engine Anti-Ice/ Wing Anti-Ice is enabled. The speedtape suddenly gets kicked back to 0 knots leading to "Speed! Speed!" callouts and A-Floor protection. The Bus then starts to accelerate beyond good and evil. If it happens during cruise it´s not that problematic as the airbus is mostly at full thrust, so it can´t accelerate any further even if it wants to. The problem then just disappears after a minute or so but often reoccurs after several minutes. That really destroyed some nice flights (especially if the problem occured during descend...), not to mention the annoying speed-callouts.

Regards, Julian

Do you use a third party weather addon like Active Sky or something that simulates icing conditions? It may be that you have some conflict with an overactive icing simulation...

Andrew