GPWS

Francisco S

Different airlines have different callout levels, some 1000ft, some 500ft and so on. I beleive Aerosoft worked clossely with airberlin during the development and their callouts start at 400ft. Also the retard is correct at 40 ft. I flew as cabin crew with GB Airways and after sitting in the jumpseat for takeoffs n landings the callouts started at 400ft and the retard was at 40. ;)

Hi,

i think about to buy this Airbus. I'm not a fan but till the NGX's release this bird could be a nice timefiller. But the call outs are very strange like Francisco said. The quality is too bad (i have clear call outs in freeware aircrafts) and the retard call out should start after 20FT and should stopp when throttles are in idle (why it starts at 40 FT and the other 30,20,10 sounds at same time?). I have seen/heared this in different videos. It's not a big thing but for me its importand ^_^

Regards,

Chris

(sorry for my bad english)

Different airlines have different callout levels, some 1000ft, some 500ft and so on. I beleive Aerosoft worked clossely with airberlin during the development and their callouts start at 400ft. Also the retard is correct at 40 ft. I flew as cabin crew with GB Airways and after sitting in the jumpseat for takeoffs n landings the callouts started at 400ft and the retard was at 40. ;)

I`ve seen many videos of different airlines and you`re right some of them start at 1000ft or 400ft no biggie but none of them have the retard call outs at 40f and i`ve seen plenty i hope there`s

an opcion where you can change it at 20f. Maybe Airberlin and GB Airways are the onlyones with the retard call outs at 40f:blush:

Check out

video...

An Air Berlin A320-214 D-ALTD arriving in Düsseldorf...

1000... ... 400... 300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... RETARD... RETARD... 10...

Hmm...

Andrew

• Aerosoft

For now we'll stick with what we got. Perhaps we can make an optional sound set later.

When asked a pilot told me his airline choose not to use all calls because it did little good and only caused confusion when the aircraft stays long at a certain altitude.