AIRBUS X 1.20 released.

• Aerosoft

Version 1.20 contains the following updates/ This will not be shipped as an update but as a full new build.

FIXES AND CHANGES IN VERSION 1.20

• AUTOBRAKES CHANGED
    Should not work even when flaps are retracted too soon and when wheel brakes are just used for a short period of time. We still advice the flaps to be retracted when leaving the runway, not before.
  • OUTER WING TANK QUANTITY GOING NEGATIVE BUG REMOVED
  • ADDED AUTOTHROTTLE DISCONNECT SOUND ADDED
    When Autothrottle is disarmed the caution light will go on and caution chime will sound.
  • AUTOLAND IMPROVED
    Flare is now smoother, but make sure you are at a suitable weight!
  • WING VIEW ISSUE SOLVED
    The whole wing is now visible.
  • QNH IN MCDU NOW ACCEPTS InHg
  • LAN LIVERY INCLUDED
    With thanks to Carenado!
  • BETTER CLIMB PERFORMANCE, BETTER TAKE-OFF PERFORMANCE
    climb to 30.000 feet in 15 minute now possible, see below.
  • NOSEDIVE ON MANUAL LANDING SOLVED
    Disabling AP on final no longer a problem.
  • SPEED TAPES CORRECTED
  • WHITE BOX FOR 10 SEC AROUND FMA-ANNOUNCEMENT
    For 10 seconds after each change there will be a white box around the FMA announcement.
  • ND NOW HAS HDG BUG
    The ARC mode now also shows the HDG bug.
  • SPOILER ARMING REDONE TO NON FSX STANDARD
    Allowing spoiler arming under all conditions with the right mouse button.
  • MCDU PERF PAGE NOW SHOWS DURING PREFLIGHT
  • THR RED ACC & ENG OUT ACC ALTITUDES NOW DEPEND ON ALTITUDE
  • SPEED CONTROL ADDED FOR APPROACH STAGE
    Approach mode will automatically be armed once starting descend with all AP functions in managed mode. Start of descend must either be triggered automatically when reaching TOD (A lower FCU altitude than Cruise altitude should be set) or when starting the descend in managed mode by pressing the EXP button. It can also be armed on the PERF APPR page by pressing LSK6L - "ACTIVATE APPROACH PHASE" will then change to "APPROACH PHASE ACTIVATED". This also happens when changing automatically. Once below 7200 ft AGL speed will be reduced to flap 1 speed setting, extending flaps will reduce speed further until flap 4 where speed is set to Vapp.
  • DAYTIME LIGHT ARTIFACTS REMOVED
  • PFD AND ND DISPLAYS NOW REFRESH FASTER
  • FLIGHT DIRECTOR HEADING CORRECTED
  • ROLL-OUT MODE INCLUDED
  • IN MANAGED MODE, THE FMA SHOULD SHOW [sPEED] AND NOT [THR CLB] AFTER REACHING CRUISE LEVEL.
  • IF "CONF 3" IS CHOOSEN ON PERF APPR PAGE, THEN LANDING CHECKLIST WILL COMMAND FLAPS 3 INSTEAD OF FLAPS FULL

KNOWN ISSUES
    These issues are scheduled to be fixed after the 1.20 release (no guarantee though)
    • VLS is always higher than Vapp, this is not correct
    • A/SKID switch triggers seat belts sign
    • Airbus X Connect update

KNOWN ISSUES

These issues are know but are not easy to solve.

[*]ND-range from "20" to "10", the flight-track gets cut off [*]Note that the F/O displays do not show all information, this is by design to lighten fps load

• Upvote 1

NOSEDIVE ON MANUAL LANDING SOLVED

Disabling AP on final no longer a problem

Yes it is still there. Also the same sluggish behavior. Seems that there is nothing fixed on this. sad.gif

• Upvote 3

All of the mentioned fixes seem to be working correctly apart from the nose dive on approach, I can still feel the controls switching from two different types of control systems and it's a little hard to fight. I will continue using the auto-land for now until the advance update comes out, besides I don't want to get used to the feel of one control setup only for it to feel completely different on the advance version with its hopeful new FBW system.

Take off is good though and the climb performances is bang on with a cockpit DVD I watched. Really pleased - bring on the advance one now I must say, well done indeed - thank you. :)

• Upvote 1

Speedtape on Captainsite is well now, but not on Copilotsite.

PFD AND ND DISPLAYS NOW REFRESH FASTER

Yes, well done. My frames are now drop in to deepest forest...

In ManagedMode magenta speed triangle on right hand site of speedtape is missing.

FMGS Block orange 0000 is overwriten with blue 00

SpeedVectors N1 show up full speed on any mode

airbus dive into hell on manual landing

SET MDA to 1100 i get minimums on 700, posible that it only works with qnh 1013? The issue is still there.

• Upvote 2

With 1.20 I have a sharp drop in fps! :angry:

What reason for this?

I remember that fps decrease was expected because of the autoland improvements. Still landing seems to be a problem and on my side, I mean the plane

can not maintain the LOC and GS... it is just bouncing around the path (left to right and so on) or it doesn't follow the GS path, if before final approach I do a step turn.

I remember that fps decrease was expected because of the autoland improvements. Still landing seems to be a problem and on my side, I mean the plane

can not maintain the LOC and GS... it is just bouncing around the path (left to right and so on) or it doesn't follow the GS path, if before final approach I do a step turn.

I wouldn't expect much success if you do steep turns on to final!

Try intercepting the localizer at a less than 30 degree angle, around 15 miles out and at around 3,000 ft above runway elevation. The closer you are and the bigger the turn, the less chance you have of getting a stable approach. Oh, and speed will be an issue as well.

Seriously, the Airbus X intercepting at say 20 degrees, 10 miles out at 2,500ft with a speed of 180 will fly finals with no issue at all.

I wouldn't expect much success if you do steep turns on to final!

Try intercepting the localizer at a less than 30 degree angle, around 15 miles out and at around 3,000 ft above runway elevation. The closer you are and the bigger the turn, the less chance you have of getting a stable approach. Oh, and speed will be an issue as well.

Seriously, the Airbus X intercepting at say 20 degrees, 10 miles out at 2,500ft with a speed of 180 will fly finals with no issue at all.

Well, please check an extract from Airbus documentation, attached below.

Normally it should be no problem in my case, where distance is more than 7.5nm (between 7.5 and 10) and speed is between 190-210kts (for sure under 210kts), also angle at that distance is under 35-40 degrees. For normal flights could be ok but for short go around flights and touch and go it is not working fine for me. LOC is displayed GREEN but the plane is going to the left (high angle) then to the right (again high angle to compensate) and so on...doesn't go into a stable LOC approach (meanwhile speed is decreasing to Vapp as approach phase is active and speed managed).

post-30210-094047200 1285580981_thumb.jp

Well, please check an extract from Airbus documentation, attached below.

Normally it should be no problem in my case, where distance is more than 7.5nm (between 7.5 and 10) and speed is between 190-210kts (for sure under 210kts), also angle at that distance is under 35-40 degrees. For normal flights could be ok but for short go around flights and touch and go it is not working fine for me. LOC is displayed GREEN but the plane is going to the left (high angle) then to the right (again high angle to compensate) and so on...doesn't go into a stable LOC approach (meanwhile speed is decreasing to Vapp as approach phase is active and speed managed).

Thanks for posting that table. I'll try it myself tonight and if neccessary, post a link to this thread on the beta forum to see if anything can be done.

Thanks for posting that table. I'll try it myself tonight and if neccessary, post a link to this thread on the beta forum to see if anything can be done.

Thanks, I will try it also myself in different situations, maybe also on my side I miss one or two aspects.

A good update all round, thank you for the effort involved here. And btw, Zero frame loss with the new update, getting 38fps same as before in all conditions. Locked at 40 fps.

Cheers and thanks.

Anyway could we have any confirmation that Aerosoft are aware of these issues. Ive invested £30 into an addon ive not flown nearly half as much as i would have liked and the thought that aerosoft are no on it worries me.

I hate to sound like those trollers or over exaggerating complainers.

• Upvote 2