Throttle issue (please only here)

• Aerosoft

Gents, we are going to sort out this throttle issue. This afternoon we'll have a new module here that will include some logging options and that should tell us what is happening on the machines that are affected.

First let me quickly explain why we use a DLL to use the throttle. In the Airbus you fly almost all the time with the throttle in one of the 'detents' (you hear the throttle 'click' into them as you move it). While testing we found that FSX simply does not allow that, even breathing in hard would move them out of the correct setting. So now the throttle is intercepted outside FSX, on DirectX level.

Some of the problems with this were tracked back to strange FSUIPC settings, those were easy to correct. Note that FSUIPC is not needed at all for this product. Some other issues like this were caused by the user selecting a 'no' option when asked if the module could be loaded when the aircraft is started. But there are some of these issues left we do not understand. The log option will help us with this.

So please only use this topic for these issues and standby for a new version.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

Something that could be checked:

In fsx.cfg under [Trusted]-section, AirbusX lines CAN be like this

F:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASC.DLL.raukawzbzuwubhloocbzouwetrorintatqtqitah=-2

F:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASFADEC.DLL.htekzuqrwlbeaoehhqwowuklourzwzrbnqwclcbo=-2

And they SHOULD be like this

F:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASC.DLL.raukawzbzuwubhloocbzouwetrorintatqtqitah=2

F:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASFADEC.DLL.htekzuqrwlbeaoehhqwowuklourzwzrbnqwclcbo=2

Of course the path should be adapted to your system.

• Aerosoft

Okay, for all those people who got problems with the throttle, try this and send the resulting log files so we can see at what point there is a problem to support@aerosoft.com.

• copy the files to: FSXMainFolder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel (or to the panel folder of the aircraft you like to try).
  • Remove C:\AS_FADEC.txt before loading the Airbus X (if it exists)
  • Run FSX and select the Airbus X
  • Quit FSX
  • Send us the following files (attach them to a reply here)
  • C:\AS_FADEC.txt
  • C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\Standard.xml

Best zip them before sending. With this information it should be easy for us to solve the issue.

ASFADEC_Log.zip

• Aerosoft

Attached the files, my problem is not enough speed for Takeoff. This flight was done with A320, Flex 55.

Regards

Henry

That has to be another issue, we only want to see the files from people where the throttle does not work at all.

I did look in your file though and it is normal, your throttle is fully seen.

Well, I would send you that file, but it doesn't create on my computer. Maybe it's coused win7 and some permission rights? After choosing Airbus, it asks me if I want run ASFADEC.dll, I agree, aircraft loads, but there's no such file. I reinstalled FSX but it didn't help. I can keep F4 pressed, and I have full power, reverse works also, but nothing more.

Hi,

tomorrow I'll try (also if I can't find the second file at all)..my throttle doesn't work at all! when moving them they return to idle immediately..no chanche to use this software!

Ciao

Andrea (HP Pavillion 8311, 8 Gb ram, 1,5 Tb hard disk, 1 gb video card Ati-Radeon Win 7 64 bytes, last free edition of FSUIPC installed)

• Aerosoft

Well, I would send you that file, but it doesn't create on my computer. Maybe it's coused win7 and some permission rights? After choosing Airbus, it asks me if I want run ASFADEC.dll, I agree, aircraft loads, but there's no such file. I reinstalled FSX but it didn't help. I can keep F4 pressed, and I have full power, reverse works also, but nothing more.

There should be no rights in Windows 7 that prevent you from creating a text file in the C:\ path but when in doubt you can always log on as Administrator. Also make sure you select the aircraft that has the DLL.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

tomorrow I'll try (also if I can't find the second file at all)..my throttle doesn't work at all! when moving them they return to idle immediately..no chanche to use this software!

Ciao

Andrea (HP Pavillion 8311, 8 Gb ram, 1,5 Tb hard disk, 1 gb video card Ati-Radeon Win 7 64 bytes, last free edition of FSUIPC installed)

If you send me the file it should be easy to see where your system is different from the thousands of others where it does work.

I noticed throttle problems as well. The thrust indicator would jump around and back to idle when i advanced my throttle for take off. I could solve that problem by unplugging the gamepad and only having my joystick/throttle connected to the PC. Other aircraft work fine with the gamepad plugged in, so I guess that the throttle DLL intercepts input from all devices indiscriminately. So, if anyone has trouble make sure that you don't have any secondary controllers connected to the system.

There should be no rights in Windows 7 that prevent you from creating a text file in the C:\ path but when in doubt you can always log on as Administrator. Also make sure you select the aircraft that has the DLL.
I have only one account and it of course has administrator rights. I'm sure I'm choosing good aircraft. Anyway, I don't have joystick with throttle axis, so I don't know if my files would help in anything? You want to help people with this kind of joystick who still have problem, or make it flyable for everyone, even peoples with mouse and keyboard? I have steering wheel only. I assigned steering as throttle in FSX options, but it doesn't work too.

Hi, also I cannot move the throttle forward an stabilize the thrust.

In any panel folder there are the two .dll files, but any AS_FADEC.txt appare in the C:\ root, as in any other partition or place, simply do not exist!

Perhaps the dll libraries are not activated by the dll.xml.

The same with the antivirus deactivated.

I do not use Joystick, and I'm not supposed to buy one. However any joystick is required in the listed "system requirements" you declare in the order page of your product.

A FSUPC.dll file is in the modules folder (free FSUPC4)

Hope you can fix the problem very soon, as the Airbus X seems to be a very innovative software in the FS world.

when i have sometimes the problem ( i have an x52 pro) i just unplug it, while fsx running and plug it again. Then airbusx throttle works fine. But so to say, i also (as said) have sometimes that bug.

Regards,

Daniel

• Aerosoft

I have only one account and it of course has administrator rights. I'm sure I'm choosing good aircraft. Anyway, I don't have joystick with throttle axis, so I don't know if my files would help in anything? You want to help people with this kind of joystick who still have problem, or make it flyable for everyone, even peoples with mouse and keyboard? I have steering wheel only. I assigned steering as throttle in FSX options, but it doesn't work too.

Ahhh, okay. The Airbus X does need a hardware throttle as we indicate on the product page.

• Aerosoft

i works with a joystick and has installed fsuipc,the new version

my trothle go to the idle position,when i give power for takeoff or taxi.

Somebody help me please?

regards

yannick carpentier

Yannick, if you send us the txt files we will be glad to sort it out for you.

• Aerosoft

Hi, also I cannot move the throttle forward an stabilize the thrust.

In any panel folder there are the two .dll files, but any AS_FADEC.txt appare in the C:\ root, as in any other partition or place, simply do not exist!

Perhaps the dll libraries are not activated by the dll.xml.

The same with the antivirus deactivated.

I do not use Joystick, and I'm not supposed to buy one. However any joystick is required in the listed "system requirements" you declare in the order page of your product.

A FSUPC.dll file is in the modules folder (free FSUPC4)

Hope you can fix the problem very soon, as the Airbus X seems to be a very innovative software in the FS world.

I am sorry without a throttle it simply will never work. Just get the cheapest one you can find. As the Airbus is flown mainly with knobs a high end control unit is not needed.

• Aerosoft

I am sorry, we really need a hardware throttle to make this work.

hi

i have a really odd problem or maybe not, i actually thought that no problems would occur with this product. I downloaded the update for the Airbus X yesterday and started up the aircraft in a ready to taxi state. I created a flightplan using the lateste database from Navigraph, going from cardiff to Glasgow.

As a competant user of high end aircraft such as PMDG and Leveld I took time to follow the FMC CDU section of the manual so as to not make mistakes

I feel surethat the aircraft is configured for flight but my problem is that on advancing the throttle the engines do not spool up nor does the N1 display increase. Basically I cant move to taxi or anything else. I have read this thread but I am somewhat confused to whatthe issue is or even the solution.

I look forward to your comments.

Wycliffe

p.s. I sue a saitek x52 throttle,stick and rudder combo

• Aerosoft

hi

i have a really odd problem or maybe not, i actually thought that no problems would occur with this product. I downloaded the update for the Airbus X yesterday and started up the aircraft in a ready to taxi state. I created a flightplan using the lateste database from Navigraph, going from cardiff to Glasgow.

As a competant user of high end aircraft such as PMDG and Leveld I took time to follow the FMC CDU section of the manual so as to not make mistakes

I feel surethat the aircraft is configured for flight but my problem is that on advancing the throttle the engines do not spool up nor does the N1 display increase. Basically I cant move to taxi or anything else. I have read this thread but I am somewhat confused to whatthe issue is or even the solution.

I look forward to your comments.

Wycliffe

p.s. I sue a saitek x52 throttle,stick and rudder combo

If you read the first post you will find a different version of the DLL, that one creates log files, if you send us those files we can find out what's causing the problem.

Hi Mathijs,

A short explanation here please on your 3rd post (1st point), what to try and send you back the files:

You mean to download the attached file (it is only one file) and replace it in, let's say, Airbus 320 CFM/panel (because there is already such a file there).

Thanks.,

Christos

Hi, I'm very glad to confirm that the throttle problemi do not exist anymore, after installing a new joystik! All is ok now.

First impressions are impressive. The bird fly very smooth.

Thanks for the immediate help.

ASFADEC_Log (2).zip

Hi,

this evening it happened a strange thing..I've deleted the old file Asfadec.log to apply the procedure describted by Mathijs and sending the new one but when starting FSX I realized that the throttle was working...is it sufficient to the delete the asfadec.log file to obtain that result? Boh?

Anyway here's my new logfile:

Best Regards

Andrea

Archived