The cars don't move

paul77

Hello,

I'm Paul and I'm 15 so I don't have a very good english.

I have got Ibiza X, Gibraltar X and Mega Airport CDG, but the cars, ferrys and other don't move. Before, the cars in Paris CDG moved but today, they don't move. I have already use LFPG Traffic and traffic for Ibiza and Gibraltar but the cars don't move. And I have set the parameter on High 1 for the aquatic effects. Anybody have a solution ?

And in your answer, please to use a simple english !

• Developer

Do you talk about FSX?

Did you have AES 2.08 installed? If so, start once AESHelp (start and stop is all), maybe it fix the problem.

• Developer

Download the AES installer here: http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/aes/AS_Airport-Enhancement-Services_V208.zip

Run it for FSX, when AESHelp tool opens, just exit it.

It can help to fix problem with the Vistamare Modules, which are needed for the driving cars. You don't need to activate anything in AESHelp or add Credits.

• Developer

Do you have a "VistaMare" Subentry below the FSX Add-ons Menü? If so, go to About... and post the Versionnumber you see there

• Developer

When you delete something, don't wonder if other things not work.

When you start the FSX, did you get a window to trust the Vistamare DLL? Did you agree there?

Did you know, where you can find the FSX.CFG file?

• Developer

Ok, then go to C:\User\<your username>\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

there you find the FSX.cfg, open it via notepad (Editor) and search for the section [Trusted]

There remove all lines which have something of Vistamare in it

Save this file and restart the FSX

When you get popups while start, accept them all, so that the modules are trusted.

If three are no popups, Make a ZIP File of the DLL.XML File, you find in the same directory and attach this one here (Use Full Editor below the edit window, there you can attach files)

• Developer

You must have a fsx.cfg there, maybe you must login with admin rights to see the file/directory, but without this file, your FS will not run.

Ok, I have fund the file (before I don't find it because I went to the wrong repertory). So, I have open this file et I deleted the 2 lines where they are VistaMare but when I restart FSX, I don't have popups.

You say this : "If three are no popups, Make a ZIP File of the DLL.XML File, you find in the same directory and attach this one here (Use Full Editor below the edit window, there you can attach files)"

But I don't know how I make a ZIP file.

• Developer

Ok, try to start the AESHelp for FSX first (you should have a Icon on your desktop now, stop it and then try to start FSX again, if you then get the popup and/or the Vistamare menu below Add-Ons.

You also can check in the DLL.XML, if you have such a section in this file:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>VistaMare Core</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

before or after you start the AESHelp.

I make all you say but I don't have a popup. I have this in dll.xml :

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>VistaMare Core</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

It is all good, so why I don't have a popup ?

• Developer

Do you have SP2 or ACC-Pack for FSX installed?

The Popup should come, when the dll is loaded (by the entry in the DLL.XML) at the first time, so you will be ask to trust this DLL, later no popup is shown.

When you correct have deleted all lines with the VistaCoreX DLL in the [Trusted] sections, and the DLL will correct load, then you should get the popup once and then the Menu entry of Vistamare below Add-Ons and then also the cars should drive.

I can't say what happens an you installation, but it maybe generated by your "delete" action before.

I have got SP2 for FSX installed.

EDIT : In my repertory, I have this : FSX-CFG-20101023164137.AES

EDIT 2 : When I restart FSX,, the line with VistaMare in the fsx.CFG is back wherears I have deleted it before.

• Developer

Ok, that means AESHelp has remove a Trusted entry in the FSX.cfg, try to start the FSX and see what happens. I can't say more.

In worst case, only a reinstall of the FSX will help, because I could not say what else happens there.