Sid / Star

KAPTEJNLN

well Last week i was tryeing to build a gauge or edit some of the exsisting files and know how it should look and work but i dont know how to program it and so. tryeid some edits but could find a way. becaus i was thinking that if it in some way was able to to read the sid or star then i know that you would say not posible to load but then i was thinking that i could try if you gave the sid name and pressed on the button to the right for sid and star. insted of pressing to the left and giv it an special comand by pressing the right side so it read what the sid / star name is then go to database find it and enter it but the way it should do it could then be:

1 start whit first way point name and then it automatic enter it by press the left button

2 take the next waypoint until it have entered all.

and to stop it again if that should be a problem then just when you could see the last waypoint then pres same button to the left or so. it was just a idear but sorry i could do it.

Add-on program have the solution read on:

How to changes inflight well i remembered a program i got for some time ago and whit it you could read sid / star and chages it inflight so the fligt plan could be edit + sid / star and is Navigraph suported. so if you fly online it could be a good help as it updates the curent flightplan you have set up. so if you make a changes in this program it changes in the airbus X too. that was 1 thing i was tryeing to find a way for too becaus i had an ider of creating the sid / star by first create all the sid and star whit a program then inflight load the star but not posible as it defaults creates a departure and destination and plane cant find out if you do so i found this to bee the best way.

so if interested visit aivlasoft and try the Electronic Flight Bag for free 1 month as payware. just down load and you have acces to full program.

Hope some could use this info but was a side step.

• 4 months later...

MOVED poste as related

I have been following some of the advice on the forum and I have picked up Aivlasoft Electronic Flight Bag, which really makes flight path planning pretty easy. I do have some questions pertaining to interoperability with AirbusX/FSX and would appreciate any feedback the members have to offer.

I notice that when I am talking to ATC and following my flight path, ATC starts to direct me to different approaches, which conflict with the flight path. This eventually results in problems such as losing IFR. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Also (flying into SFO), I have noticed if I switch runways at SFO from 28L/R (northbound landing) to 19 L/R, the flight path still directs towards 28L/R.

This could all be operator error related (aka PEBKAC - problem exists between keyboard and chair), so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Toby

hello, Toby

But i dont know how much you know about law and regulations in the air, but the reason you might get another runway to land at, is that you have to land into the wind at the best posible angel. some times it dosent matter as croswind.

If it is online you fly, you could include the star in the flightplan, after getting weather report from ARRIVAL airport. Either from the net or in fsinn there is an menu named WX i mean, if you use SQbox type this: .metar XXXX exsample: .metar EKCH

Then the ATC knows what you have planed, then he could se if it is posible, but when that is said you could also start an privat chat whit the ATC before getting to the last waypoint if ATIS isent in use. to get in contact whit ATC for FSinn type this: .msg AIRPORT_TWR good day Exsample: .msg EKCH_TWR Good day

or sqbox by clicking on the text as exsample EKCH_TWR then it should start an privat chat.

Then you could setup before getting to the last waypoint, and as far as i remember there is no problem by changesing the route just remember to activate it, ther should be an msg box there pops up then click to the right to activate, then it takes a sec then the new route is on the airbus display to. but check the data provider that there is no red lights, i mean if it should work you have to use default flightplan folder for it to comunicate proberly to update display and cross check that the Aivlasoft Electronic Flight Bag use same folder. then there should be no problem. Have tested yesterday and it updates but now i plan to take a flight and se if it also does as it should in the air and i mean i dident have problems.

by the way a new version is released 2 april i mean it was..

Best regards LN

All very good points, LN, and I am working with the EFB to figure out how to program the routes correctly. The issues have been "operator error" and I need to ensure that I am putting in the correct codes and waypoints.

Many thanks for feedback.

Toby

• 3 weeks later...

This is an film about how to use AivlaSoft electronic flight bag whit Airbus X Sids and stars in basic, and how easy it is in use. by using default flight plans and how to use a flightplan from Vroute or fscommander.

hope you like it, but limited info as a bit off topic about Aerosoft products. go to 1:32 to only se the changese as first part is setup.

I found AivlaSoft too expensive, it asks for more PC ressources also, I still prefer to use printed or pdf charts and to introduce SID/STAR manually, also because I intend to use RWYs indicated by ATC (and ATC may give a different rwy than planned/expected). The only problem is that not all the time MCDU database corresponds with the charts data, with AivlaSoft I think it is not a problem because it is using FSX existent data.

I found AivlaSoft too expensive, it asks for more PC ressources also, I still prefer to use printed or pdf charts and to introduce SID/STAR manually, also because I intend to use RWYs indicated by ATC (and ATC may give a different rwy than planned/expected). The only problem is that not all the time MCDU database corresponds with the charts data, with AivlaSoft I think it is not a problem because it is using FSX existent data.

Well yes i see the price cant remember what i gave, but it was also just a option for sids and star changes inflight and so on. about: ATC may give a different rwy than planned/expected... yep i know that the program have its limits as if you gets to close to the airport so you have passed some waypoints of the star route. on the chart you cant changes that way i showed, then i mean you have to go to the start and changes and remove the waypoint you have passed. but as long you setup before you start on the chart there is no problem as far as i remember.