CTDs and other issues

cellular

Hi,

I have purchased Airbus X charmed by the graphical look that I consider at the top level of all FSX add-ons around, but now I'm faceing several issues.

I hope that someone could help me solving them:

1. Very often when i end the flights I get a CTD and this happens only using the Airbus X

2. I own the MCP and CDU devices by VRInsight. Even if it is possible to configure them with the 'mouse clicks' for the most part of the buttons, I have not found a way to activate the different panel views (mainly to activate the CDU panel view) not being valid the SHIFT+N combination.

3. Also the creation of FSUIPC macros seems to be impossible for this aircraft

4. Has anyone tried to merge a 2D panel? This could solve my issues at points 2 and 3.

Thanks for any suggestion and help

Best regards

Joe

MY specs: Core i7-870 - NVidia GTX 470 - 8GB Ram - FSX on WD Velociraptor 150GB - Win7 Home Premium - FSX SP2

Hi Joe,

just read your topic, and what raised my attention was your GTX 470! I bought a GTX 470 four weeks ago, and had mayor problems with CTDs. Before I had a Sapphire 4870 Toxic and never had problems. I tried several Nvidia drivers, but none solved the problem. I got in contact with Gigabyte, they told me to update my BIOS, but no cure. I read in several forums that the GTX 400 series can cause problems in certain hardware configurations.

I RMA my GTX 470 and got a Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X, and no more CTDs. Search in the Nvidia forum for help, and good luck to you.

Cheers,

well about point 3 well after i saw this i decided to start the work on lua script for it and works goes on but still not sure posible whit all keys as having some problems finding what page number i mighet use to get to the pages you click on. now i miss the previus page and next page comand and up and down, and about the keyboard whit numbers and signs. but have got all LSK keys working + the buttons for all the pages. so hope i can get the rest working.

updatet 49min after showed

well then the script is released. and would see if i could find a solution for the display but dont know much about CDU devices by VRInsight only had there MCP. if i am right you need a window or so you could get running on the display of the CDU ?

UPDATE removed part from yesterday

Hi,

thanks a lot for your replies.

I will try the LUA script and let you know about the results.

For sure if could be possible to merge a 2D panel (i.e. the one of Wiclo Airbus Vol 1) everything should be easier.

I have tried to do that and everything seems to be fine with the exception of spoilers (nothing happens with them) so for the moment I have given up.

Some suggestion also for this will be really appreciated.

For now still many thanks for your inputs and mainly for the LUA scipts.

Best regards

I have the panel.cfg files here for all the types. sorry the one from yesterday was a fault but could cause a problem such as spoilers dosent work i think. but if you have the problems before you tryeid my files go have a look at the last part. els just try the new 1 here have atached a picture on how to get best resault. now i only whis i had an mcdu to use it whit :-)

part 2)

well i know this sound iritating but plz do your self a favor uninstall the Airbus x and instal the latest version only. follow the steps here:

( Shaun Fletcher post whit modification)

1) De-install the product using the windows control panel.

2) check the FSXMainFolder\SimObjects\Airplanes\ folder and delete any remaining folder that starts with Aerosoft Airbus

3) check the FSXMainFolder\modules folder and remove the GPSModule.dll if it still there

4) check the 2 fsx.cfg by open them and remove \GPSModule.dll and all files containing anything Airbus X

How to locate the files from above go search in the windows menu for RUN then it finds it. press it and type this %appdata% pres ok

els see the picture. Then a folder opens go to the following location ->Microsoft ->FSX then you are there

5) then open SimObjects in the location and delt all the Airbus X folders left.

6) restart system

7) re-instal version 1.22

8) restart system

9) ready to start fs.

Hope you then gets out of problems.

As it is easyer when we have the same setup. by the way do you use it whit or whit out FBW ? as whit out explanes a bit.

About

1. Very often when i end the flights I get a CTD and this happens only using the Airbus X

well it hapens to many, but not on a clean pc only runing FSX and airbus x as i doo right now. and think it is due to an overload of FS. but havent found any thing that i could say for sure that cause a crash.

Hi,

thanks a lot again..

yes... I had the same problem with the spoilers also before and I have the FBW active.

Also without any modification I have noticed random problem with the spoilers (sometimes they are OK and sometimes no), very strange!

I will try again proceeding before with a new full installation (will be the third time I do that!!!).. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, this is very interesting. I am having exactly the same problems with CTD. Also 50% of the time I get a CTD while I am trying to start a flight, but most of the time just when ended. Can someone please fix this, thanks...

About

well it hapens to many, but not on a clean pc only runing FSX and airbus x as i doo right now. and think it is due to an overload of FS. but havent found any thing that i could say for sure that cause a crash.

Hey, this is very interesting. I am having exactly the same problems with CTD. Also 50% of the time I get a CTD while I am trying to start a flight, but most of the time just when ended. Can someone please fix this, thanks...

well yes it is sensetive at start but if you start selecting wheather, destenation and time befor selectig the airbus x then press fly now if you do it that way. els do as described start whit default plane then select Airbus X when running.

Ah, OK, cool... if it works then fine :rolleyes:

well yes it is sensetive at start but if you start selecting wheather, destenation and time befor selectig the airbus x then press fly now if you do it that way. els do as described start whit default plane then select Airbus X when running.